Since there are numerous IDs and passwords that you have to remember nowadays to log into different online services, it is quite possible that you forget an important ID and password. And if that ID is Apple ID, then it would be very difficult for you to unlock your iPhone. Fortunately, there are ways about how to unlock iPhone without Apple ID.
How to Unlock iPhone without Apple ID When Find My iPhone is Off
As stated above, there are several ways about how to unlock iPhone without Apple ID. These ways differ depending on whether Find My iPhone feature is on or off on your device. If Find My iPhone is off or disabled, then you can reset your iPhone via iTunes and gain access to your device without Apple ID. You will need to reset the device by entering the Recovery mode. Keep in mind that resetting your iPhone via iTunes will completely erase all your data stored on it. So, it is recommended that you back up your data first before proceeding.
Follow these instructions:
Step 1: Connect the locked iPhone to your computer via USB cable.
Step 2: Launch iTunes and then enter Recovery mode on your iPhone. Once you enter Recovery mode, iTunes will recognize it and notify you about it.
Step 3: Now navigate to Summary > Restore iPhone option in iTunes.
Step 4: Once you are there, you will see a pop-up message. Simply click on the Restore button to proceed. Then, just follow the on-screen instructions. Your iPhone will be reset and you will be able to gain access to your device without Apple ID.
How to Remove Old Apple ID When Find My iPhone is On
Use iMyFone LockWiper
If Find My iPhone is on or enabled on your device, then you won’t be able to reset the iPhone without Apple ID via iTunes. In this case, you will need to use an Apple ID removal tool in order to gain access to your device. For removing old Apple ID, it is recommended that you use iMyFone LockWiper. This is the best tool for removing Apple ID from any iDevice without requiring any password. LockWiper is easy to use and there are many other features of this software that you will find useful.
Here are the key features of this tool:
- Remove Apple ID from your iPhone with ease without providing any password.
- Unlock or bypass any kind of screen lock from any iDevice.
- With iMyFone LockWiper, you can remove/bypass 4-digit passcode, Touch ID, 6-digit passcode, and Face ID within just a few minutes.
- After removing Apple ID from your iPhone via LockWiper, you will be able to use a new Apple ID in the device without any issues.
- Remove screen lock of an iDevice even if it has a broken screen or it is disabled.
Steps to remove Apple ID when Find My iPhone is on:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC via a compatible lightning or USB cable. Make sure your computer detects it. Now launch LockWiper on your PC. Upon launch, iMyFone LockWiper will detect your connected iPhone automatically.
Step 2: Click on Unlock Apple ID mode from the home interface of the software.
Step 3: On the next screen, click on the Start to Unlock button.
Step 4: You need to follow the software's instructions to reset all settings first, then the software will begin the Apple ID removal process.
Once the process is completed, the old Apple ID will be no longer linked to your device and you will be able to gain access to the device without any issues.
Some Tips to Avoid Purchasing a Device That is Locked
Buying a second-hand iDevice can be a little trickier because Apple have removed the Activation Lock checker for some reason. So, there is a risk of getting an iDevice that is locked. To avoid purchasing a device that is locked, Apple offers the following guidelines when purchasing a second-hand device:
- Check whether the device is erased and no longer linked to the account of the previous owner.
- If you unlock the device and it shows the Home screen, then it means the device hasn’t been erased. In that case, you should ask the seller to completely reset the device via Settings.
- If you turn on the device and see the device setup process, then it means the device has been erased/reset. In that case, begin activation by choosing a region or country and connecting to a network. If the setup asks you to provide previous owner’s Apple ID and password, ask the seller to input their password. Don’t buy the device until the previous account is removed.
- Only purchase the second-hand iDevice from someone you can meet in person.
- Before handing over your money, take the time to go through the setup process.