Scenes when you would want to unlock iCloud locked iPhone 6/7/8/X:
- When you have been given an iPhone 6/7/8/X as a gift by a friend or relative but every time you want to use it, it asks for an Apple ID or password
- When you have bought a second-hand or used iPhone 6/7/8/X from eBay or a local dealer, and the previous owner had not logged out of iCloud or removed his/her iCloud details
- When you have forgotten the iCloud password that you used during the set-up of your device
Basic Information about iCloud Lock
An iPhone being iCloud locked means that your account details and information are linked to your iPhone and stored online on Apple’s servers. iCloud was made possible by Apple back in 2014 making your iPhone or any other iDevice locked to your iCloud account. When this option has been activated on your device then every time you start your device you have to enter your iCloud login details including the Apple ID and password.
It is activated during the normal set up of your iPhone and requires an iTunes account. Every iTunes account, on the other hand, requires a unique Apple ID and password which means if you do not know these details you cannot easily access someone else’s account. Also, the ‘Find My iPhone’ setting should be enabled. This logs in the unique details including the iPhone’s IMEI, which is a unique number on every device.
If in one way or another, you are in possession of an iCloud locked iPhone you can still use it with several limitations. For instance, you cannot be able to reset or erase the device, you cannot reactivate the device using your details, and lastly, you cannot be able to turn off the find my iPhone on the device. This limit one’s usage and thus requiring one to find a way to unlock the iCloud activation. However, if it is passcode protected, it makes it impossible to use the iPhone completely.
Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone through Settings
This method is the quickest way to unlock iCloud locked iPhone 6/7/8/X and bypass the iCloud activation. However, it is a temporal way, and you will have to repeatedly use this method to unlock iCloud on your device once the iPhone is locked again. Steps of using this method
Step 1: Launch the iPhone settings from the apps drawer
Step 2: Then tap on Wi-Fi.
Step 3: Click on the ‘i’ next to the Wi-Fi network you want to connect.
Step 4: Delete the DNS settings and enter a new one depending on your location.
- USA/North America: 22.214.171.124
- Europe: 126.96.36.199
- Asia: 188.8.131.52
- Other areas: 184.108.40.206
Step 5: Once done tap ‘Back,' and then go to ‘Activation Help.’ Once the bypass is done a message saying "You have successfully connected to my Server.” will be displayed after which you will have successfully unlocked your iPhone 6/7/8/X.
The Top 3 iCloud Unlock Providers
If you try all the above methods with no success, do not give up yet. There are a lot of companies out there that promise to provide services that will unlock iCloud lock in case it is locked, for a few bucks. Most of them rarely deliver and this makes it hard to tell who could unlock your iCloud legitimately. There is also a possibility of being scammed by the so-called iCloud unlock providers which is very frustrating. Below are the top 3 legit, trusted, fast, reliable, and that actually work.
This iPhone unlock service provider is highly rated and is known to offer guaranteed, genuine and legit services to unlock the iCloud account. They deliver over the air services and are reliable taking only one or two days to complete the process. They also have a money back guarantee in case your iPhone is not unlocked. In addition, iPhoneIMEI whitelist your iPhone’s IMEI guaranteeing you no chance of your device getting locked again in future.
If you are wondering how to unlock iPhone 5 iCloud locked iPhone 5s, then iPhone IMEI is a recommended service provider.
This is another iCloud unlock service provider that is known to be legit in what they do. They deliver in 3-4 days. Also, they have an efficient customer support when one has any queries. In case your iPhone is not unlocked they have a money back guarantee ensuring security for your cash. If the iPhoneIMEI service provider fails to deliver and you are wondering how to unlock iPhone iCloud then Official iPhone Unlock is your second best-recommended choice
Another iCloud unlock service provider is iPhoneUnlock.Zone. They deliver between 3-5 days and offer a money back guarantee in case the iPhone is not unlocked. Their services are 100% online and are highly efficient. Their customer service is superb and has very amazing and real reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers. If the above two service providers fail to unlock your iPhone and you are wondering how to unlock iCloud locked iPhone 5 try out our third recommended choice and you might be lucky.
Reset iCloud Locked iPhone 6 Using Third Party Tool – iMyFone Umate Pro
An easier and effective way is using the iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser, a third-party application that erases iOS data including the private data permanently. This application completely reset an iCloud Locked iPhone which will your iPhone brand new again. But it works only when the “Find My iPhone” is turned off.
- Completely erase data, 100% unrecoverable- Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser erases all kind of data on your iPhone 6/7/8/X beyond recovery even by tools made for data recovery, and this boosts one privacy even when one has the intentions of reselling, donating or recycling an old device.
- Erases all kinds of data – It enable erasure of messages, contacts, call history, photos & video, browsing data, and any other iOS data completely.
- Erases deleted iOS data – when one manually deletes the iOS data, there are still chances of recovery by using the right tools. Umate pro erases such files leaving no chance of recovery.
- Erase third-party app data- Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser is the most in-depth erasure of third-party apps messages, attachments and fragments, such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Kik, Viber Snapchat etc.
- 1-Click Cleanup - Umate Pro can clean both hidden junk and temporary files for your device to run smoothly.
- Fully compatible with iOS 11 and receive lots of positive reviews from macworld.co.uk, Makeuseof.com , Cultofmac.com etc.
Steps to Reset Your iCloud Locked iPhone 6/7/8/X
Note: To reset your iCloud locked iPhone 6, you should firstly make sure that the "Find My iPhone" is turned off.
Step 1. Download the program on your computer and run it, then connect your device to the computer.
Step 2. Pick the "Erase All Data" mode and click "Erase".
Step 3. Select the security level, input "delete" and then Click "Erase Now" to completely reset your iPhone 6/7/8/X.