Is your iCloud notifying you that it is full while storage space is still available? It is common for iCloud users to come across the "iCloud storage full but it's not" problem. If you are encountering this issue, this article is specifically designed to help you and show you how to fix it. Read on to find the steps to free up iCloud storage on your iPhone.
Part 1. Reduce Your Backup Size
If you have enabled automatic back up on your iPhone, you may end up experiencing the iCloud storage full but it’s not issue. This happens especially when the backup is bigger than the iCloud storage space available. To solve this issue, you can back up only important data by following the steps below:
iOS 10.3 and Above
- Step 1: Open Settings, tap [your name] and find iCloud.
- Step 2: On iOS 15, click Manage Storage.
- Step 3: Turn off less important apps you don’t want to keep backup, you can select Delete Data.
iOS 10.2 and Below
- Step 1: Open Settings, tap iCloud, click Storage and then Manage Storage.
- Step 2: Tap device name.
- Step 3: Turn off apps you don't want to back up under Backup Options. Select Turn Off & Delete.
By the way, on iOS 15, you can also check the space used by iCloud Backup, if you don't wanna iCloud automatically back up data from your iPhone, you can turn it off.
Part2. Manage Your iCloud Photo Library
If you have enabled iCloud photo library, this may be the reason why your iCloud storage appears to be full while it is not. Deleted photos are stored on your iCloud account for 30 days. To disable iCloud photo library using your iOS device, follow the steps below:
iOS 10.3 and Above
- Step 1: Open Settings, tap [your name], tap iCloud and then click iCloud Storage.
- Step 2: Tap Manage Storage and then click iCloud Photo Library. Choose Disable and Delete.
iOS 10.2 and Below
- Step 1: Open Settings, tap iCloud, and then click Storage.
- Step 2: Tap Manage Storage and then Click iCloud Photo Library. Choose Disable and Delete.
Part 3. Reset or Upgrade Your iCloud Storage
If your iCloud is full, you can easily delete all the data available in the backup. The following steps should help you do this:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Step 2: Click the Apple ID at the top.
- Step 3: Tap iCloud and then click Manage Storage.
- Step 4: Tap Backup and then Click the device whose backup you wish to erase.
- Step 5: Click Delete Backup. Click Turn Off & Delete. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to delete all the backups you have on iCloud.
NoteIf you have followed the above steps but you are still receiving the full storage message, then you can contact Apple Support to fix your account.
Tips: Here's What You Need Now - Free Clean Up
If you want to clean up your junk & temporary files on your iPhone to free up more space and eliminate the iCloud storage full but it's not problem, here's an useful tool:iMyFone Umate Pro to help you with that-the function of 1-Click Free Up Space.
The features you get in iMyFone Umate Pro include:
- It is totally free to clean up the junk & temporary files on you iPhone, to free up more space and speed up your iPhone.
- You can erase your private and sensitive data including your contacts, messages, call history, videos and photos, with a 0% recovery chance.
- iMyFone Umate Pro supports the erasing third-party data of Kik, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, and over 10 more third-party apps.
Here's how to free up space with iMyFone Umate Pro:
Step 1: Run iMyFone Umate Pro on your PC or Mac. Using a cable, connect the iOS device to the computer.
Step 2: Scan the iOS device. To start the scan, tap Quick Scan. iMyFone Umate Pro will determine the amount of space you can save by clearing temporary files, cleaning the junk files, removing apps, deleting large files, and compressing photos.
Step 3: Tap the Clean button to release space for each specific category. To ensure that the program operates properly, keep the device connected to the computer. Also, avoid using the device until the process is finished.
If you are experiencing the iCloud storage full but it's not problem, follow the steps outlined in this article to fix the problem. The best way to clean junk files from your phone and free up space is through the use of a third-party tool known as iMyFone Umate Pro. This tool will not only help you clean your junk files, it will also help you erase your private data with a 0% chance of recovery.