Your call history is an important part of your device and how you use it. It’s downright genius, how you don’t have to go back to your contacts list to see who you’ve been taking to. But more importantly, it keeps some numbers you haven’t had the chance to add to your contact list available albeit for a short period of time. So, accidentally deleting call history on your iPhone can potentially be a nightmare situation especially when you hadn’t saved a particularly important phone number.
If this is what has happened to you, keep calm! We’re here to help. We will show you how to get your deleted call history on iPhone back, important phone numbers intact.
Begin by doing the following first
- Before we get ahead of ourselves, it may be a good idea to begin by checking your iTunes or iCloud backups. It is possible that the call history may have made it to one of the backup files. If they are there, it is only a matter of restoring the backup.
- If on the other hand, you didn’t backup your call history, we recommend that you stop using the iPhone as soon as you can. This is because any new data generated on the device could overwrite the missing call history, making it very hard to recover.
Recover Accidentally Deleted iPhone Call History via iMyfone D-Back
If you hadn’t backed up your call history or even if you had but don’t want to restore the iPhone to an iTunes or iCloud backup just to get a single number, iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Mac is the ultimate answer to your prayers. This program will help you get your call history back as quickly and as efficiently as possible, thanks to the following features.
- It is very easy to use. As we shall see very shortly, the program is quick, efficient and very easy to operate.
- You can use it to recover data regardless of how you lost the data in the first place. You can even recover data from a damaged or broken device or a software operation gone wrong.
- Aside from call history, you can recover all other types of data including photos, messages, videos, notes, WhatsApp messages, and many more.
- It is compatible with nearly all iOS devices and versions of the iOS operating system including the new iPhone 7 and iOS 10.
Here’s how to use iMyfone D-Back to recover your missing call history.
You can use one of three data recovery modes. If you had a backup and only want to recover the call history from the backup file, you can use iCloud or iTunes data recovery mode. If you hadn’t backed up the call history, you can recover data directly from the iOS device. The following is a step by step guide for all three modes of recovery.
1 Recover Accidentally Deleted iPhone Call History without Backup
Step 1: After downloading and installing the program to your computer, select the “Recover from iOS device” tab from the main window and then click “Start.” In the resultant window, select “Call History” under “Message and Call log” and click “Next.”
Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cables and then click “Scan.”
Step 3: Once the scanning process is complete, select the missing call history numbers and then click on “Recover.”
2 Recover Accidentally Deleted Call History on iPhone via iTunes Backup
Follow these simple steps to recover the call history from an iTunes backup file.
Step 1: From the main menu, select “Recover from iTunes Backup” and then click “Start” to begin. In the next window, choose “Call History” and then click “Next” to continue.
Step 2: Choose the iTunes backup file that contains the call history you want to recover and then click “Scan.”
Step 3: When the scan is complete, select the numbers you want to recover from the results displayed and then click “Recover.”to save them on your computer.
3 Recover Accidentally Deleted Call History on iPhone via iCloud Backup
You can also recover data from your iCloud backup in the following simple steps.
Step 1: From the main menu, choose “Recover from iCloud Backup” and then click “Start.” Choose “Call history” as the type of data you want to recover.
Step 2: Sign in to your iCloud account. The program will then display all the iCloud Backup files on your account. Select the one that likely has the missing call history and then click “Next.”
Step 3: The program will begin scanning the backup file for the call history. Once the scanning process is done, select the missing numbers from the results page and then click “Recover” to save them on your computer.