I want to recover text messages accidently deleted from my 32G iPhone 4. I tried the spotlight thing but nothing showed up. When I deleted them by mistake, I taped DELETE AND SWIPE METHOD. Please help to recover deleted text messages iPhone if it is possible. —— Caroline
It can happen. You can lose some very important text messages that you want to recover instantly. It is also very likely that you didn’t have a backup of the messages before you accidentally deleted them. Whether you have a backup or not, this article shows you a few simple solutions to help you recover deleted text messages on iPhone 7/6s/6/5s/5c/4s/4 without backup or from backup.
- The first thing you should do is to stop using the iPhone as soon as you discover missing data. This is to avoid overwriting the missing data and hence rendering them unrecoverable.
- Have you lost some text messages after upgrading to the latest iOS 10.3? Keep reading the text to find a solution.
1. Recover Deleted iPhone Messages From iTunes
To recover deleted text messages iPhone from iTunes backups can be a little risky because new SMS since last Sync will disappear. All text messages will be replaced by the text messages backups after you click Restore Backup. If you are OK with this, then you can continue to recover deleted iPhone messages from iTunes backups.
Simply connect the iPhone to the computer and then launch iTunes. Click on the device once it shows up in iTunes and click “Restore Backup.” Choose the most relevant backup and then click “Restore.”
2. Recover Deleted iPhone Text Messages From iCloud
It’s a pity that iCloud doesn’t backup all the text messages for all users, so this method may not apply to all people. If you have uploaded your text messages for backups, then the possibilities are you can succeed in performing the recovery.
Step 1: Go to Settings > General > Reset on your iPhone, then choose “Erase all content and settings.”
Step 2: From the apps Apps & Data screen, choose to recover from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud and select “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.
You may get to know that Spotlight Search can show you deleted text messages possibly, but you still can’t open or recover them. However, this function can help you to locate the deleted text messages faster so that you can recover deleted iPhone text messages from iCloud quicker. To make sure text messages is available for Spotlight Search, you need to check in Settings> General> Spotlight Search, and make sure Message is checked. If you can’t remember the first sentence of the deleted text messages or the sender, you can use Spotlight Search with the keyword in the SMS.
3. Recover Deleted Text Messages On iPhone Without Backup
Forgot to back up your text messages to iCloud or iTunes before they are accidentally deleted? No need to be frustrated any more. iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery Win and iPhone Data Recovery Mac can help you retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone without backup or extract text messages from iTunes and iCloud backup in just three steps.
- Recover files in 22+ formats such as text messages, iMessages, photos, WhatsApp messages, Viber messages, Kik messages, contacts, notes etc.
- 4 Recovery mode help to find the lost data: Smart recovery, recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup.
- Allow you to scan and preview data from iPhone, iTunes backup, iCloud backup.
- Supports almost all iOS versions on iOS devices, including iOS 10.3 and iPhone 7.
- New Feature: Fix your iOS system to normal without data loss.
1 Launch the Program and Choose the Recovery Mode
Download and install iMyFone D-Back on your computer. Run the program on your computer and then choose “Recover from iOS Device.”
2 Choose Messages and Connect Your Device to Computer
Choose “Message” from the next window. And then connect the iPhone to the computer and then click “Scan” as soon as the program recognizes the device.
3 Preview and Recover the Deleted Text Messages
After a few minutes, you should see all the recoverable messages on the next screen. Choose the ones you want to recover and then click “Recover”, the program will let you choose one folder to store the text messages you need.
And besides text messages, iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery Win and iPhone Data Recovery Mac can also recover other file types for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Why not give it a shot? Free trial version is available now.