As one of the most powerful and most functional messaging applications, WeChat is very popular among users. But sometimes, you can delete some important WeChat messages that were not included in a backup and hence can’t be recovered. In this article, we are going to show you how to recover WeChat Messages even without a backup.
Recover iPhone WeChat History using iPhone Data Recovery Tool
You may need a third-party software to recover the deleted or lost WeChat messages if you didn’t back up your WeChat history or the backup is lost. iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery Mac gives you the chance to recover WeChat message history from iPhone 7/SE/6s/6/5s/5c/5/4s/4 without backup or extract WeChat messages from iTunes/iCloud backup. The following features make it unique from the rest of the programs:
Tool You'll Need to Recover WeChat Messages on iPhone
- Supports to recover 22+ file types from iPhone without backup like photos, videos, text messages, contacts, safari history, WhatsApp messages, WeChat messages etc.
- 4 recovery modes to recover deleted WeChat messages from iPhone, iTunes and iCloud backup with higher rate of recovery.
- Allows you to preview and check the deleted WeChat messages before recovery;
- Supports iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 11/10/9/8/7.
Whether you have backed up the iPhone with iTunes or iCloud, you can do so by using iMyFone D-Back. See how to do it.
How to Recover iPhone WeChat History without Backup
Step 1. Choose Recovery Mode
Download the software and launch it. Select “Recover from iOS Device” tab. Initiate the process by clicking the “Start” button.
Step 2. Choose WeChat in File List
On the next window, select the data you want to retrieve, in this case WeChat and then click “Next” to connect the iPhone to the computer,
Step 3. Connect iPhone to the Computer
Once iMyFone D-Back detects your iPhone, click the “Scan” button. It will start to scan your iPhone deeply.
Step 4. Preview and Recover the WeChat Messages
Once the program completes the scan, preview the results to confirm the files you wish to recover and then click on “Recover” to save them.
Step 5. A small dialogue opens up asking to choose saving location. Select a folder on the computer to begin recovering and saving the files. And voila! WeChat history recovery on iPhone is completed!
- Please ensure that your iPhone can be recognized by the computer if you want to recover WeChat messages without backup.
- iMyFone D-Back supports to detect messages from multiple WeChat accounts.
- If you want to recover WeChat messages from iTunes or iCloud backup files, just choose "Recover from iTunes backup" and "Recover from iCloud backup" modes. The steps are similar as recovery without backup process.
How to Backup WeChat History on iPhone
WeChat is the largest Standalone messaging app by a number of monthly active users. Unlike other apps, WeChat can save messages to the device. Users will lose the data when they change their mobile phone. However, overcoming this problem is possible.
1. Export iPhone WeChat History to Computer using iMyFone D-Port
iMyFone D-Port supports to extracting existing WeChat messages from iPhone, iTunes backup, and iCloud backup. Check this tutorial to know more details about it: How To Transfer WeChat Messages From iPhone To Computer >>
2. Transfer WeChat Data to Another Phone using Chat Log Migration
Follow these simple steps to transfer WeChat History from an iPhone to another device. Before you do, ensure that you have created a backup. Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network and then sign in to the same WeChat account on both devices.
Step 1: Sign into the WeChat account on your existing iPhone and head to the “Me” tab.
Step 2: Tap the “Settings” button as shown above. From the window, select “General” tab.
Step 3: Tap the “Chat Log Migration” button and then click on the "Select Chat Transcript" button.
Step 4: Log in to this account on the other phone and scan the QR code in the interface. As soon as the QR code scanning is complete, the migration process begins.
Step 5: Once the process is complete, you will have all the WeChat data transferred to your new phone from the old iPhone device.
3. Backup WeChat on PC using WeChat for Windows
Download WeChat for Windows on your PC. After installing, log into your account. Use the WeChat app on your iPhone to scan the QR code. Once authorized, you can also chat with your friends from your computer. To create a backup of the chat history for the desktop version, connect your iPhone to the computer first. After that, follow the steps to create a backup of WeChat messages:
Step 1: Click the “More” icon from the WeChat window and then tap on the “Backup and Restore” tab.
Step 3: Click “Back up on PC” button to save the messages to the computer.