A factory reset can be a good way to fix an unresponsive device but as you’ve found out, it leads to data loss and unfortunately, it is hard to recover data from an iPhone after a factory reset if you didn’t have a backup. Nonetheless, this article will show you a few ways to get your data back.
- Method 1. Recover Data after a Factory Reset without Backup (iOS 14/13 Supported)
- Method 2. Selectively Recover Lost Data from iTunes/iCloud Backup[No restore]
- Method 3. Restore iCloud Backup to Recover Data from iPhone after Factory Reset
- Method 4. Restore iPhone from an iTunes Backup to Recover iPhone Data after Factory Reset
1. Recover Data after a Factory Reset without Backup (iOS 14/13 Supported)
It is very difficult to recover iPhone data after restoring to factory settings even using a data recovery tool but if the data you have lost is very important to you and wasn’t included in the backup, it may be worth a try. Follow these simple steps to try and recover the lost data directly from the iPhone using iMyFone D-Back.
- Recover data from an iPhone in various situations: factory reset, water damaged, lost iPhone, iOS upgrade/downgrade and so on.
- Recover iPhone photos erased by factory reset without backup or from iTunes/iCloud backups.
- Support recovery of 22+ types of data from almost all iOS devices, including recovering data from iPhone 11 Pro (Max), iPhone 11, iPhone XS (Max), iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Fix common iOS issues like iPhone being stuck on white screen/black screen, freezing screen, etc, and upgrade your device to the latest iOS version after fixing.
- This tool has an excellent success rate when it comes to data recovery with 4 recovery options.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS version including iOS 14/13/12/11.
How to Recover Data after Factory Reset iPhone?
Step 1: Select "Recover from iOS Device" Mode
Run iMyFone D-Back on your computer and then select “Recover from iOS device.” Click “Start” to begin.
Connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cables and click “Next” as soon as the program detects the device.
Step 2: Select File Type
In the next window, select the type of file we wish to recover, then click on "Scan".
Step 4: Preview and Recover
Once the scan is complete. Preview the data and see if you can find any of the lost data. If you are lucky enough, select the missing data and then click “Recover” to save the data to your computer.
The deleted data can easily get overwritten if you keep using your iPhone after a factory reset. So the first thing you need to do after the data loss is to stop using your device immediately and turn off the network connection.
2. Selectively Recover Lost Data from iTunes/iCloud Backup with D-Back [No restore]
D-Back iPhone data recovery allows you to selectively recover photos after factory reset iPhone from iTunes/iCloud backup after a factory reset. You can also peview them before rcovery, follow the steps below to do so:
Step 1: Select Recovery Method and Data to Recover
Launch the iMyFone D-Back software. Choose recover from "iTunes” or “Recover from iCloud Backup” If the data you want is in the backup file.
Choose the iTunes backup you want to recover data from, click on "Next" to continue.
Step 2: Scan for Lost Data
Select the type of file you want to recover, click on “Scan” and program will begin scanning your lost data.
Step 3: Recover and Save Data
Preview and select the data that you wish to save, hit on “Recover” a new dialogue box will open asking for you to select a folder from your computer to save your data.
After selecting the location, the recovery begins automatically and the data will be saved into your computer.
To try this way, you must ensure you have backed up your iPhone with iTunes/iCloud on your computer before recovering photos after factory reset iPhone.
3. Restore iCloud Backup to Recover Data from iPhone after Factory Reset
Step 1: Once you turn on the device, you will see the Setup screen. Select “Slide to Setup”.
Step 2: Choose your preferred language.
Step 3: Select your region or country.
Step 4: Connect to a Wi-Fi network. Don’t use a cellular network, it may fail to download all your files.
Step 5: In the next screen, choose whether you would like the “Location Services” activated or deactivated. The option is “On” by default.
Step 6: In the next screen, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” and enter your iCloud login credentials.
Step 7: Agree “Terms and Conditions.” You have to agree to the terms once again in the next screen.
Step 8: Choose the latest backup from the list of backup files available.
Step 9: Wait for the restore process to complete and your data will be back on the device.
- Firstly, you will lose some data as this requires you to erase all current data on your device to complete the recovery process.
- Secondly, you can't preview and selectively recover data you want to get back.
- Third, it will be time -consuming compared to the solution provided by D-Back.
4. Restore iPhone from an iTunes Backup to Recover iPhone Data after Factory Reset
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2: Launch iTunes and navigate to “Devices” under the “File” menu. Choose “Restore from Backup”.
Step 3: Choose the most recent backup and click “Restore”. Keep the device connected until the process is complete.
- Restoring from iTunes will delete all your current files on the iPhone.
- But we know that, just as same as iCloud restoring way, iTunes restoring does not support preview backup, either.
Now download the trial version of iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery to scan the data on your device (including the device running iOS 14/13/12/11) to know if it can still get data back after restoring iPhone.