If you send and receive a lot of iMessages, you may have a problem checking or going through your entire iMessage history. This is especially true if you have tremendous iMessage records to sort through. It can be tedious to have to go through the long list of messages trying to find just the one iMessage you need. This process can further be complicated if the iMessages you need is no longer on your iPhone but on either iCloud or iTunes backup.
Don't worry! We have a solution that will give you 3 easy ways about how to view iMessage history. Read on to find out how.
Tool You'll Need to View iMessage History
One of the best tools to help you see iMessage history on your device (iOS 13/12.1/12 included), or on an iTunes /iCloud backup file is iMyFone D-Back. This program will make it so easy, there will be almost no effort on your part. The following are some of the features that make that possible.
- It can view both deleted and existing iMessages history.
- It will not affect your current data.
- You can view iMessage history without restoring your iTunes/iCloud backup.
- It can be used to view and extract more than 18 types of data from your device including messages, photos, videos, WhatsApp history and more.
- It is useful for extracting data from an iTunes or iCloud backup, also.
- It is very easy to use. All you need to do is connect to your device or select the relevant backup file.
- It comes with a preview function that makes it easy for you to view and extract only the iMessages you need.
- It is compatible with the latest iPhone and iOS version, including iPhone X/XS/XS Max/XR running iOS 13/12.1/12.
Begin by downloading the program to your computer and then follow these simple steps to view your iMessage history.
Option 1. View Existing and Deleted iMessages Directly
Step 1.Launch the program and from the main window, click on "Recover from iOS Device". Press "Start" and then Connect the iPhone to the computer. Click "Next" to continue.
Step 2.Need to check iMessage history on iphone, just select "Message" from the next window.
Step 3.The program will scan the device for both deleted and existing iMessages. When the scan is complete, you can view the iMessage history on the next screen. If you need to save them, select them and click "Recover" to save them to your computer.
Option 2. View iMessage History from iTunes Backup
Step 1.From the main window, click on "Recover from iTunes Backup" and then tap on "Start." Select an iTunes backup file in the next window and click "Next."
Step 2.Select "Message" in the next window and click "Next."
Step 3.Once the scan is complete, you can see iMessage history in that iTunes backup file. You can select the ones you need and click on "Recover" to save them.
Option 3. View iMessage History from iCloud Backup
Step 1.From the main window, select "Recover from iCloud Backup" and then click "Next." Sign in to your iCloud account and then select the relevant iCloud backup file. Click "Next".
Step 2.Choose the file type "Message" and click "Next" to continue.
Step 3.The program will download the backup for messages. Once the downloading is complete, you will be able to view the iMessage history in iCloud. All you need to do is to select the iMessages you want and click "Recover" to extract them.
- iMyFone D-Back will not leak out your personal information.
- We need inform you that you will lose all current data if you choose to restore iTunes or iCloud backups.
- D-Back offers free trial version to allow you to view iMessages history before purchasing.
No matter when and where you would like to view your iMessages from iPhone or iTunes/iCloud backups, iMyFone D-Back is of great help to you. This program works good with the devices running iOS 13/12.1/12 and earlier versions. Try iMyFone D-Back and learn how to check iMessage history now!