Michael is not unique in this situation. This happens to a lot of iPhone users all the time. If you have deleted some of your contacts and are wondering how to get them back, this article will offer you 3 ways to find deleted contacts on iPhone no matter you have backups or not. Read on to find out and they work even you use iOS 13 on your device.
1. Find Deleted Contacts with/without Backup
Both iTunes and iCloud are not viable solutions as a long-term measure especially when you don't have a backup of the deleted contacts. But there is a solution that will work and gives you more choices to recover the deleted contacts. This solution is a third-party data recovery tool known as iMyFone D-Back.
iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery is a professional data recovery tool and supports to recover 18+ file types. See more features of the program:
- You're able to find deleted contacts without the need of a backup.
- You can view whether the contacts are included in iTunes/iCloud backups.
- You can seletively choose what to recover.
- It does not overwrite current data on your device.
- It can help find deleted contacts without restoring any of your backups.
- It can retrieve deleted messages on iPhone, recover deleted videos for iPhone, get back deleted iPhone voice memos, and so on.
- You can use the program to recover your lost or deleted data even iOS 13/12 is running on your iPhone.
To try iMyFone D-Back by clicking on the above safe download buttons. You can download and use the trial version of the software totally for free.
The following are the steps to find deleted contacts on iPhone.
1 Once the software is downloaded, choose the recovery mode you like - Smart Recovery, Recover from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup or Recover from iCloud Backup. Here we take Smart Recovery, which is specially designed for users who know little about technology, as example.
2 You will need to tell iMyFone D-Back how you lost the contacts. Then the software will select a best recovery mode for you from the other 3 modes automatically according to your situation.
If you directly choose the other modes like Recover from iOS Device, the software will ask you to connect you iPhone to the program.
If you select "Recover from iTunes Backup" in the first place, you need choose a backup file so that the software could scan it. Just choose the one which your contacts are stored in.
If you'd like to recover from iCloud backup, you have to enter your iCloud account information and also choose a backup for scanning. (Note: iMyFone will not record your account information.)
3 Then you can choose the data type that you want to recover. Here you need to choose Contacts. You can also choose all. Click "Scan" to allow the program scan your iPhone or iTunes/iCloud backup.
4 Once the scanning progress is finished, you can preview the contacts the program finds. Choosing a location on your computer to store the contacts will be the final step.
2. Find Deleted Contacts from iTunes Backup
We all know that backing up iPhone to iTunes can store your iPhone data. iTunes stores backups on Mac or PC to keep your data secure as long as you have your PC or Mac at hand. You can find your deleted contacts from iTunes backup if you have made any backup for your iPhone. Just operate as below to get them back.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and connect your iPhone to iTunes.
- After iTunes detect your iPhone, locate the Backups option.
- Click "Restore Backup..." and choose one backup which includes the contacts you need to restore.
- After the restore is finished, you can check your contacts on iPhone.
Unfortunately this assumes the drunk guy who deleted his contacts was smart enough to have backed up his contacts data previously, or this doesn't really help sometimes. Additionally, even you have backed up your iPhone to computer using iTunes before, you will lose the other data on your device when trying to recover the deleted contacts by restoring an backup via iTunes.
Here comes a tool iMyFone iTransor (iOS 13/12 supported) which can restore an individual app such as contacts, messages, WhatsApp, WeChat from your iTunes/iCloud backup, and merge the contacts with the current contacts on your iPhone without overwriting any other data on your iPhone.
3. Find Deleted Contacts from iCloud
To restore contacts from iCloud, you need confirm whether the deleted contacts are still there. Follow the steps below to check.
- Go to https://www.icloud.com and login your iCloud account.
- Click Contacts and see whether the contacts you need are visible here.
If you can see them, then recover deleted iPhone contacts from iCloud is pretty easy and here is the procedures to do.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone. Tap on "iCloud" and see whether Contacts is turned on. If it's already on, turn it off.
- Tap "Keep on My iPhone" when your iPhone asks what would you like to do with the previously synced iCloud contacts.
- Then turn on Contacts again and tap "Merge". iPhone will take a little while to download contacts from iCloud to your iPhone.
However there are some obvious disadvantages. You are not able to choose which contacts you want to keep or discard, and have to merge the contacts with previous data. Your iPhone also need to be connected to internet to retrieve the deleted contacts. If you are travelling in a remote area, this does not help.
Tip. Reviews of the Above Methods
|using D-Back||using iTunes||using iCloud|
This iPhone data recovery tool makes it very easy to recover data from your iOS device. It supports all iOS devices (including iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X and iPhone 8) running different iOS version, even iOS 13/12. It can recover data regardless of the circumstances leading to data loss. With iMyFone D-Back, data recovery can be done in just a few simple clicks. Try the Free Trial today and you won't be disappointed.