As the default browser on iOS devices and Mac computers, Safari is the most commonly used browser. It stores our browsing history, making it easy to pick up where we left off. As useful as browsing history can be, it is not uncommon to accidentally delete Safari history on the iPhone.
This article will show you several ways to combat this problem if you find that you have mysteriously lost some of your browsing histories.
1 View Deleted Safari History from iPhone Settings Directly
You might be lucky enough to find your browsing history right on your iPhone’s settings. Try the following.
- Head to Settings from your iPhone screen.
- Scroll down the screen and find Safari, tap on it .
- At the Safari page, scroll to the bottom and tap on the Advanced option.
- Go to the next section and find Website Data. Tap on it and you will find some of your deleted browser history listed there.
2 View Deleted Safari History on iPhone using iTunes Backup
If you back up your iPhone to iTunes regularly, you might be able to get the deleted Safari history back by restoring the backup. Here’s how.
- Open iTunes, click on iPhone icon and select Restore Backup...
- Select the backup file contains your deleted Safari history, and click the button Restore.
But be warned that restoring a backup may lead to data loss as all the data on the device will be permanently replaced by the data in the backup. Anything you hadn’t backed up will be overwritten.
3 View Deleted Safari History using Third-Party Recovery Tool
If you don’t have any backup for your deleted Safari history, you can also use one third-party data recovery tool to view your deleted data. And iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery or iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Mac is a excellent iPhone data recovery tool to get deleted Safari history back easily.
- It supports over 22+ file formats, such as iPhone photos recovery, iPhone text messages recovery, WhatsApp messages, contacts, etc. making it easy for you to recover lost/deleted data from your device.
- It uses for different recovery technologies to find data and recover quickly.
- You can even preview the files that are recoverable from your iOS device.
- You can even fix iOS operating system problem, such as white screen, loops in recovery mode, stuck on Apple logo without any data loss.
How to Retrieve Deleted Safari History on iPhone with iMyFone D-Back
Step 1: Select the Type of Data to Recover
Run the program on your computer, click Recover from iOS Device and to choose the file type you need to recover. Here we should check Safari History. And then click Next. With accurate selection, iMyFone D-Back saves time by scanning only for your Safari history.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to Begin Scanning
Connect Your iPhone to the computer. iMyFone D-Back will detect your iPhone and ask for your permission to scan the all the Safari history on your iPhone, of course, including those deleted ones. Depending on the amount of data on the device, the scanning process might take sometime.
Step 3: Preview and Recover Lost Safari History
After the scan, iMyFone D-Back will list all the recoverable Safari history. You can browse all of them or only the deleted ones. Then select the ones you want and click “Recover” to choose a folder on your computer to save them.
4 View Deleted Safari History on iPhone using iCloud Backup
You can check your iCloud backup status by going to Settings > iCloud > Backup. To use this method, please ensure that the iCloud backup has been activated.
- Go to Settings → General → Reset → Erase All Content and Settings.
- Follow the Setup Screen instructions and then choose “Restore from an iCloud Backup.” Choose an iCloud backup file to restore the device.
Now you get four ways on how to retrieve deleted Safari history on iPhone. Most of them are free, even iMyFone D-Back for Window/iMyFone D-Back for Mac offers the free trial version for users to confirm whether they can retrieve deleted Safari history iPhone. just try them all and get the most suitable for you.