As the default browser on iOS devices and Mac computers, Safari is the most commonly used browser. It stores our browsing history, making it easy to pick up where we left off. Although browsing history is very important and useful, it is not uncommon to accidentally delete Safari history on the iPhone or iPad. If it happens, how can we view deleted safari history on iPhone? This article will show you 4 easy ways to combat this problem.
- Way 1. View Deleted Safari History for Free without Backup
- Way 2. View Deleted Safari History from iPhone Settings
- Way 3. View Deleted Safari History on iPhone Using iTunes Backup
- Way 4. View Deleted Safari History on iPhone Using iCloud Backup
4 Best Ways to View Deleted Safari History from iPhone
Way 1. View Deleted Safari History for Free without Backup
If you don't have any backup for your deleted Safari history, you can use one third-party data recovery tool to view your deleted data. iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery is an excellent tool which enables you to view and get deleted Safari history back easily.
- You can view deleted safari history from iPhone without backup.
- It can selectively or fully recover safari history from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and allows you to preview the files before recovery.
- It can recover safari history without affecting your current data on iPhone.
- You are allowed to view safari history within iTunes/iCloud backup whenever you want.
- Compatible with almost all iOS devices and versions including iPhone 11/XR, XS, XS Max and iOS 12/13.
- It supports over 18+ files, such as photos, text messages, WhatsApp messages, contacts, etc.
Step 1. Connect Your iPhone to Begin
Run the program on your computer, click "Recover from iOS Device" and then click "Start" button. After connecting your iPhone to the computer, iMyFone D-Back will detect your iPhone, hit "Next" to continue.
Step 2. Select the Type of Data to Scan
Choose the type of files you would like to recover, here we should check "Safari History", and then click "Scan".
Step 3. Preview and Recover Lost Safari History
After the scan, iMyFone D-Back will list all the recoverable Safari history. You can browse all of them or only the deleted ones. Then select the ones you want and click "Recover".
Here is a video on how to view deleted safari history on iPhone with D-back, check to learn the specific steps:
Way 2. View Deleted Safari History from iPhone Settings Directly
- Head to Settings from your iPhone screen.
- Scroll down the screen and find Safari, tap on it.
- At the Safari page, scroll to the bottom and tap on the Advanced option.
- Go to the next section and find Website Data. Tap on it and you will find some of your deleted browser history listed there.
Way 3. View Deleted Safari History on iPhone Using iTunes Backup
- Open iTunes, click on the iPhone icon and select Restore Backup...
- Select the backup file contains your deleted Safari history, and click the button Restore.
- To get the deleted Safari history back by restoring the backup, you should have backed up your iPhone to iTunes regularly.
- Restoring a backup may lead to data loss as all the data on the device will be permanently replaced by the data in the backup. Anything you hadn't backed up will be overwritten.
Way 4. View Deleted Safari History on iPhone Using iCloud Backup
- Go to Settings → General → Reset → Erase All Content and Settings.
- Follow the Setup Screen instructions and then choose "Restore from an iCloud Backup." Choose an iCloud backup file to restore the device.
- To use this method, you must ensure that the iCloud backup has been activated.
- There might be data loss as your latest data might not in the iCoud backup.
Review of the 4 Ways to View Deleted Safari History
There are both pros and cons of each method as listed below:
There are also many reviews from D-Back users. Here is the one you can check below:
Now you get four ways on how to view the deleted Safari history on iPhone after iOS 13/12/11.3 update. Most of them are free, even iMyFone D-Back offers the free trial version for users to confirm whether they can retrieve deleted Safari history iPhone or not.