As the default browser on iOS devices and Mac computers, Safari is the most commonly used browser. It stores our browsing history, making it easy to pick up where we left off. Although browsing history is very important and useful, it is not uncommon to accidentally delete Safari history on the iPhone or iPad. If it happens, how can we view deleted safari history on iPhone? This article will show you 4 easy ways to combat this problem.
- Part 1: 4 Best Ways to View Deleted Safari History from iPhone
- Part 2: Review of the 4 Ways to View Deleted Safari History from iPhone
4 Best Ways to View Deleted Safari History from iPhone
Way 1. View Deleted Safari History for Free without Backup [Video Tutorial Included]
If you don't have any backup for your deleted Safari history, you can use one third-party data recovery tool to your deleted data. iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery is an excellent tool which enables you to view the deleted Safari browser history and get deleted Safari history back easily.
- You can view deleted safari history from iPhone without backup.
- It can selectively or fully recover safari history from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and allows you to free preview the Safari history before the recovery.
- It can recover safari history without affecting your current data on iPhone.
- You are allowed to view safari history within iTunes/iCloud backup whenever you want.
- Compatible with almost all iOS devices and versions including iPhone 11/XR, XS, XS Max and iOS 14/13/12.
- It supports over 18+ files, such as photos, text messages, WhatsApp messages, contacts, etc.
Here is a video on how to recover deleted search history on iPhone with iMyFone D-Back, check to learn the specific steps:
How to use iMyFone D-Back to recover accidentally deleted Safari History from iPhone? The following are the specific steps for your reference.
Step 1. Connect Your iPhone to Begin
Run the program on your computer, click "Recover from iOS Device" and then click "Start" button. After connecting your iPhone to the computer, iMyFone D-Back will detect your iPhone, hit "Next" to continue.
Step 2. Select the Type of Data to Scan
Choose the type of files you would like to recover, here we should check "Safari History", and then click "Scan".
Step 3. Preview and Recover Lost Safari History
After the scan, iMyFone D-Back will list all the recoverable Safari history. You can browse all of them or only the deleted ones. Then select the ones you want and click "Recover".
Way 2. View Deleted Safari History from iPhone Settings Directly
If you want to check the safari history on iPhone, here’s how to do it. Launch the Safari app from the home screen of your iPhone, scroll down to the bottom, and tap on the icon, which looks like an open book, and then click the clock icon in the sidebar to show the list of webpages you have recently viewed. If you have tried and failed to see deleted history on iPhone, here’s how to view the website history from Setting on your device.
- Head to Settings from your iPhone screen.
- Scroll down the screen and find Safari, tap on it.
- At the Safari page, scroll to the bottom and tap on the Advanced option.
- Go to the next section and find Website Data. Tap on it and you will find some of your deleted browser history listed there.
Not all deleted safari history can be found from iPhone settings. Another drawback is that it will only display the root domain of the sites you have viewed before.
Way 3. View Deleted Safari History on iPhone Using iTunes Backup/Finder
3.1 View and Recover Safari History via Official iTunes Restore
- Open iTunes or Finder, click on the iPhone icon and select Restore Backup.
- Select the backup file contains your deleted Safari history, and click the button Restore.
- To get the deleted Safari history back by restoring the backup, you should have backed up your iPhone to iTunes regularly.
- Restoring a backup may lead to data loss as all the data on the device will be permanently replaced by the data in the backup. Anything you hadn't backed up will be overwritten.
- If you are on a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder.
3.2 View and Recover Safari History from iTunes Backup via D-Back
If you have backed up your iPhone in iTunes regularly, you can also recover deleted Safari history from iTunes backup with the help of iMyFone D-Back. And the specific procedures are similar to recover from the iOS device.
- Select "Recover from iTunes Backup" and click "Start".
- Select Safari history as the file type you want to recover and click on "Next".
- D-Back will find out all the previous backup files and select one folder containing your lost Safari history you wish to recover and then click “scan”.
- Once it completes the scanning, you will be able to preview and recover the safari history you'd like to keep.
Way 4. View Deleted Safari History on iPhone Using iCloud Backup
4.1 View Safari History via Official iCloud Restore
- Go to Settings → General → Reset → Erase All Content and Settings.
- Follow the Setup Screen instructions and then choose "Restore from an iCloud Backup." Choose an iCloud backup file to restore the device.
- To use this method, you must ensure that the iCloud backup has been activated.
- There might be data loss as your latest data might not in the iCoud backup.
4.2 Preview and Retrieve Safari History from iCloud Backup via D-Back
Provided you satisfy the necessary conditions for an iCloud automatic backup, it is very likely that your Safari history could be included in an iCloud backup file. Just use iMyFone D-Back to recover them with the following steps.
- Choose"Recover from iCloud Backup" mode and click "Start".
- Log in your iCloud account and it will display all the iCloud backup files.
- Choose the most relevant Safari history you want to recover and start extracting backup.
- Preview and choose the Safari history you want to retrieve and click on "Recover" button.
Review of the 4 Ways to View Deleted Safari History
There are both pros and cons of each method as listed below:
There are also many reviews from D-Back users. Here is the one you can check below:
Now you get four ways on how to view the deleted Safari history on iPhone after iOS 14/13/12 update. Most of them are free, even iMyFone D-Back offers the free trial version for users to confirm whether they can retrieve deleted Safari history iPhone or not.