Do you need to make a copy of the data in your iCloud account? This can be a good way to keep the data safe in case of data loss. Making a copy of the data on your iCloud account can be done in a few ways and this article will show you how to do it via iCloud.com or using a third-party tool that we will share with you momentarily.
1 Download iCloud Data to PC from iCloud.com
To be able to copy data from iCloud.com, you’ll need to have upgraded to iCloud Drive. Follow these simple steps to do it.
Step 1: On your Mac or PC, begin by signing in to iCloud.com.
Step 2: You can access some data from this website such as notes, contacts and calendars.
Step 3: Click on the data you want to copy to download it.
2 Download iCloud Backup to PC using iCloud Control Panel
Besides using iCloud.com to download your documents from iCloud, you can also use iCloud Control Panel to access iCloud data:
Step 1: Download the tool from Apple official website. Sign in iCloud control panel using your apple id and passcode after installation.
Step 2: Choose the data or features you want to keep up to date across your iOS devices.
Step 3: To access data such as photos and videos using iCloud Control Panel, please tap Settings > iCloud > Photos in iOS 8 or later device, then choose Download and Keep Originals and import the photos to your computer.
Step 4: The uploaded photos will be saved in This PC > iCloud Photos folder on your windows computer.
Note: If you enabled iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device, your photos in the All Photos folder instead of My Photo Stream and videos will be uploaded to iCloud at full resolution automatically. Know more details about iCloud control panel.
- It is easy to download data from iCloud.
- Reaching for your personal data is easy, safe and effective.
- It can upload data like photos, notes and contacts from your computer.
- It requires that you upgrade your account to be able to use iCloud drive to check your files.
- You can only access iwork files and not PDF and other documents.
- Documents created by third-party apps cannot be copied.
- It does not support access to some file types like call history, SMS, iMessage, photo stream, whatsApp attachments and more
- You cannot preview files before recovering them.
3 Download 22+ File Types from iCloud Backup (iOS 10 Included)
iMyFone D-Back iCloud Data Extractor or iMyFone D-Back iCloud Data Extractor for Mac is an iPhone data recovery software that extract current or deleted iPhone, iPad and iPod data from device, from iCloud Backup or from iTunes Backup. It is a program that is compatible with both Mac and Windows and it can easily help you extract data from an iCloud backup. The following are some of the features that make it the right tool for the job.
- It supports extraction of file types such as text messages, notes, videos, photos, WhatsApp messages, Viber messages, Kik messages, calendars and more.
- It allows you to preview files before you can extract or recover them.
- It extract data from iTunes backup and Recover from iOS devices directly.
- It supports almost all iPhone devices including iPhone 7/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4s/4.
- It is compatible with iOS 10/9/8/7.
How to download iCloud backup to PC with iMyFone D-Back
You can easily download iCloud backup to PC using iMyFone D-Back in the following ways;
Step 1: Choose recover from iCloud backup and login
On your iMyFone D-Back program, hit on Recover from iCloud backup option then click on Start button. Thereafter sign in to your iCloud account and the program will display all the backup files in your account.
Step 2: Select files and Scan
From the files displayed, pick on the one you want to download and click on Next button to scan for your iCloud backup files.
Step 3: Preview files and Recover
When scanning is complete, go through the results and select the files you want to save to PC. Click “Recover” to choose a location on your PC to save these files.
Download iMyFone D-Back iCloud Data Extractor Windows version or iMyFone D-Back iCloud Data Extractor Mac version now to access different types of data including messages, WhatsApp messages, WeChat, Photo, Video, Notes and more from an iCloud backup.