Do you need to make a copy of the data in your iCloud account? This can be a good way to keep the data safe in case of data loss for different reasons such as accidental deletion, upgrading to the latest iOS 10.3.2 and so on. Making a copy of the data on your iCloud account can be done in a few ways and this article will show you how to do it via the iCloud services offered by Apple or using a third-party tool that we will share with you momentarily.
1 Download iCloud Data to PC from iCloud.com
Step 1: On your Mac or PC, begin by signing in to iCloud.com.
Step 2: You can access some data from this website such as notes, contacts, and calendars.
Step 3: Click on the data you want to copy to download it.
2 Download iCloud Backup to PC using iCloud Drive
Besides using iCloud.com to download your documents from iCloud, you can also use iCloud Control Panel to access iCloud data:
Step 1: Download the tool from Apple official website. Sign in iCloud control panel using your Apple ID and passcode after installation.
Step 2: Choose the data or features you want to keep up to date across your iOS devices.
Step 3: To access data such as photos and videos using iCloud Control Panel, please tap Settings > iCloud > Photos in iOS 8 or later device, then choose Download and Keep Originals and import the photos to your computer.
Step 4: The uploaded photos will be saved in This PC > iCloud Photos folder on your Windows computer.
Note: If you have enabled iCloud Photo Library on your iOS devices, your photos in the All Photos folder instead of My Photo Stream and videos will be uploaded to iCloud at full resolution automatically. Know more details about iCloud control panel.
- It is easy to download data from iCloud.
- Reaching for your personal data is easy, safe and effective.
- It can upload data like photos, notes and contacts from your computer.
- It requires that you upgrade your account to be able to use iCloud drive to check your files.
- You can only access iwork files and not PDF and other documents.
- Documents created by third-party apps cannot be copied.
- It does not support access to some file types like call history, SMS, iMessage, photo stream, whatsApp attachments and more.
- You cannot preview files before recovering them.
3 Download 22+ Types of Data from iCloud Backup
iMyFone D-Back iCloud Data Extractor is an software that extract existing or deleted iPhone, iPad and iPod touch data from device, from iCloud backup or from iTunes backup. It can easily help you extract data from an iCloud backup. Recognized by Cult of Mac, Make Use Of and other authoritative technology websites, D-Back is the hall of fame in iPhone data recovery.
- It supports extraction of file types such as text messages, notes, videos, WhatsApp messages, Viber messages, Kik messages and more.
- It allows you to preview files before you can extract or recover them.
- It supports almost all iPhone devices including iPhone 7/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4s/4.
- It is compatible with iOS 11/10.3/10.2/10.1/10/9/8/7.
How to Download iCloud Backup to PC with iMyFone D-Back
You can easily download iCloud backup to PC using iMyFone D-Back in the following ways.
Step 1: Choose Data Types You Need and Login iCloud Account
Open iMyFone D-Back program, hit on Recover from iCloud Backup option then click on Start button. D-Back will ask you choose what you want to copy from iCloud backup. And then sign in your iCloud account. And don't you worry, iMyFone won't, and cannot keep your iCloud details.
Step 2: Dwonload iCloud Backup and Scan Files
The program will display all the backup files in your account. Pick on the one you want to make a copy from and click on Next button to download the iCloud backup and scan the data in it.
Step 3: Preview Files and Transfer the Data to Computer
When scanning is completed, go through the results and select the files you want to save to PC. Click Recover to choose a location on your PC to save these files.
Download iMyFone D-Back iCloud Data Extractor Windows version or iMyFone D-Back iCloud Data Extractor Mac version now to access different types of data including messages, WhatsApp messages, WeChat, photo, video, notes and more from an iCloud backup.