Have you accidentally deleted some of your call history? This can be a big problem especially when there are some unsaved phone numbers on the call history that you really must get back. If you have a backup, all you have to do is to restore the device from the backup and your old call history will be back. But if you don't have a backup, or you don't want to restore the entire backup to get the call history back, you may need a special solution to find and view your deleted call history. In this article, we are going to share you some special solutions so that you can utilize them to view and retrieve deleted call logs on iPhone without backup quickly and effectively. Our editor recommends iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery to read deleted call logs from iPhone, Download iMyFone D-Back free now.
- Part 1. Can You View & Recover Deleted Call History on iPhone?
- Part 2. [Comparision Chart] The Methods Mentioned in the Post
- Part 3. How to Recover Deleted iPhone Call History from iTunes Backup via D-Back
- Part 4. How to Recover Deleted Call History on iPhone fromiTunes Backup for Free
- Part 5. How to Recover Deleted iPhone Call History from iCloud Backup (Official)
Part 1. Can You Recover Deleted Call History on iPhone with/without backup?
The answer is definitely yes! Recovering call history from iPhone may sound like a daunting task. But don't worry. Recovering call history from iPhone isn't all hard works. When a call history is deleted from iPhone (no matter it's an incoming call, outgoing call, or a missed call), its space is reserved until a new call log is added. If you want to maximize the chance to recover calls on iPhone, you can immediately disconnect your phone from the Wi-Fi and stop performing any actions on your iPhone.
The next section is about the solutions to view and recover full call history on iPhone with/without backup.
Part 2. [Comparision Chart] The Methods Mentioned in the Post
What is the best method to use when deleting a call log on iPhone? Before we start, here’s a closer look at how these three methods compare to one another in terms of function, ease of use, and effectiveness.
Directly recover from iOS devices
Selectively recover the data you want
Preview before the recovery
Easy to use
Recover data within minutes
Fix iOS system
- If you have a regular backup habit, you can restore the deleted call log from iTunes or iCloud backup. There is, however, one major downside: you won’t be able to select one piece of call history. If you would like to restore only call history, use iMyFone D-Back iOS data recovery tool.
- Use the official solution of iTunes/iCloud to recover call history, you can't preview the content in the backup file. But you can preview the call history before the recovery with D-Back.
- Apple requires you to erase all existing data on the device prior to recovery. In case you don't want to wipe off the current data on the device, you can seek D-Back for help - which enables you to recover data directly without overwriting existing content.
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted iPhone Call History with/without Backup via D-Back
Option 1. View Deleted iPhone Call History from iTunes Backup
According to the above table, the best way to view and recover deleted calls on iPhone is to use a data recovery tool and the best for the job on the market is iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery. This data recovery tool is easy to use as well as efficient. It supports viewing the deleted iPhone call history within iTunes backup prior to recovery.
- It supports to preview the call history within iPhone backups for free, which cannot be done with iTunes and iCloud.
- It can selectively or fully recover deleted call history from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- It can get back call history without affecting your current data on iPhone.
- Compatible with almost all iOS devices including iPhone 12, 11, XR, XS, XS Max.
- D-Back is trustworthy since it's highly recommended by Techradar, Pcworld, Engadget, Makeuseof, etc.
Follow these simple steps to see and get the iPhone call history back from an iTunes backup file.
Step 1.From the main menu, select "Recover from iTunes Backup" and then click "Start" to begin. Choose the iTunes backup file that contains the call history you want to find and then click "Next".
Step 2.In the next window, choose "Call History" and then click "Scan" to continue.
Step 3.When the scan is complete, select the numbers you want to find back from the results displayed and then click "Recover."
Option 2. View and Recover Deleted Call History on iPhone without Backup
Except for the above mode, D-Back is also capable of recovering the deleted calls directly from iOS device without any backup. Just follow the steps here to recover your deleted call logs from your device.
Note: For recovering deleted call history, the mode "Recover from iOS Device" only supports iOS 12 and lower version. For the recovery of other data types, it supports all iOS versions, including the latest iOS 15.
Option 3. View Deleted Call Logs on iPhone from iCloud Backup
Since you can't view the content within iCloud backup file, sometimes you may not sure whether the file contains the call logs you want to recover. Luckily, D-Back can extract the deleted call history from iCloud backup and allow you to preview the content prior to recovery. And you don't need to restore the whole backup with D-Back. Check the steps to recover deleted call history from iCloud backup.
Note: D-Back can't obtain your iCloud backup for now due to Apple server restrictions, you can opt for other two modes according to your needs.
Part 4. How to Restore Deleted Call History on iPhone from iTunes Backup with Computer for Free
While D-Back offers free scan and preview before recovery, it's easy to see the deleted call history and choose the specific one to recover. But in case you're looking for a completely gratis solution, you can opt for the official method to retrieve deleted call logs from iTunes backup directly.
Step 1. Launch iTunes on PC or Finder on Mac.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to the PC, select "trust this computer".
Step 3. Choose your iPhone when it appears on the iTunes/Finder window.
Step 4. Click on Restore Backup.
Step 5. Choose the backup which contains the deleted call history, click on Restore. Enter the passcode for your backup if it's encrypted.
Part 5. How to Retrieve Deleted iPhone Call History from iCloud Backup without Computer Free
You can get back deleted call history on the consumption that there's iCloud backup available. To restore the whole iCloud backup in order to view the deleted call history, just follow these steps:
Step 1. Open Settings app, navigate to General, Reset, Erase all Contents and Settings.
Step 2. Choose Erase Now, then enter your password.
Step 3. Wait until it finishes. After that, go to set up your device and choose Restore from iCloud Backup, sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
Step 4. Select the most relevant backup file to restore. All your call history as well as other data and settings will be restored to your iPhone.
To prevent the privacy from being exposed, you will probably delete iPhone call history without realizing that you also lose some essential information. Thus you'd better attach great importance to create a backup of the data. This will make data recovery much easier. Once you lost or deleted the significant call history and want the official solution, you can choose to recover from iTunes or iCloud backup. But if you want a more efficient and labor-saving one, choose D-Back.
Check If You Need: