Your iPhone today can do just about anything. You can take breathtaking photographs and make incredible videos. Also, you can record important conversations, take a quick note of an inspiring idea and even record your music. The voice memos help us immensely in this respect. But once your device starts to fill up, you need to transfer some of it to your PC.
And that’s where lies the tricky part, since Apple’s restrictive ecosystem means that you cannot take send it to another device or PC easily.
There are various ways you can go about the transfer. We are including 3 of these methods in the post: Using E-mail, using the Dropbox option and using an iPhone data extractor called iMyfone D-Back.
1 Get Voice Memos off iPhone using E-mail
Step 1: On the voice memo app on your phone, you will see all your memo files. Tap on the one you need.
Step 2: Select the ‘Share’ button.
Step 3: From the list of options, select ‘Mail’.
Step 4: Type in the e-mail id where you want to send the memo and click on ‘Send’.
Step 5: Access the mail from your PC and download the file.
2 Get Voice Memos off iPhone using Dropbox Option
Step 1: Open the Memo app on your iPhone and select the file you wish to transfer.
Step 2: From the options that appear, tap on ‘Save to Dropbox’.
Step 3: If you wish to choose a different folder than the default one to save the file, tap on ‘Choose a different folder’ and then on ‘Save’.
Step 4: Open your Dropbox on your PC and play it.
3 Get All Voice Memos off iPhone via 3rd-Party Tool
You can also choose an iPhone data extractor to help you extract one or multiple voice memos from your iPhone. iMyfone D-Back iPhone data extractor Win or iPhone data extractor Mac is one of the most user friendly and efficient softwares, which helps in extracting the current data or recovering the lost data on your iPhone.
- It is a comprehensive tool that extract over 22 file types like Videos, Contacts, Photos, WhatsApp Attachment, Safari Bookmarks, Kik messages, Skype History, Voice Memos and others.
- You can preview all your exisiting and lost data in an organized manner, extracting only the files that you need.
- It has four ways in which you can use to retrieve data namely; Smart Recovery, Recover from iOS, Recover from iTunes Backup and Recover from iCloud Backup.
- It can extract backup from iTunes and iCloud to your computer.
- It can recover lost data that you may have lost due to; iOS upgrade, jailbreak issues, virus attacks, deletion, factory reset, broken device, password-forgot device and also due to system crash.
- iMyfone D-Back iPhone data extractor is now fully compatible with iOS 10 and iPhone 7.
Steps to Extract Voice Memos from Your iPhone to Computer
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC and launch the application. Once the program opens, select the ‘Recover from iOS Device’ option on the left hand side. Click on the green ‘Start’ button.
Step 2: On the next page, there will be a list of the file types you can restore. Select the ‘Voice Memo’ option and click on ‘Next’.
Step 3: On the screen that appears, you will be able to see a list of all the memos. Tick the ones you want to transfer to your PC. Click on the ‘Recover’ button. A dialog box will come up. Specify the folder you wish your memo to be exported to. Your files will then be saved in your PC.
You do not need to use iTunes to get voice memos off iPhone.