Nikon is a very famous camera brand. It designs professional DSLR cameras and digital cameras as well. But sometimes, the pictures on a Nikon camera are accidentally deleted by the user or lost because of various reasons. Therefore, we will discuss the recovery of deleted pictures on a Nikon camera. We will have a look at Nikon coolpix deleted photo recovery software to recover the deleted pictures from Nikon camera COOLPIX or DSLR D5300, D3300, D3400.
Part 1. How to Recover Deleted Pictures from Nikon Camera(COOLPIX, D5300, D3300, D3400)
1.1. Free Download Software for Nikon Coolpix Camera Deleted Photo Recovery
iMyFone D-Back is a Nikon coolpix photo recovery software that professionals use to recover different types of data. In this case of the Nikon camera deleted pictures, you can easily recover the deleted photos. It has a user-friendly interface, so even an amateur can recover photos with it. Moreover, it is free to use. All it will take is a few steps, and your pictures will be right with you. Follow these steps:
Step 1: Download iMyFone D-Back and install it. Open the tool, and you will interface like this.
Step 2: Mount the SD card on the computer and click on it to start the process. The software will start the scan.
Step 3: When the scan finishes, you will see a list of pictures. You can modify the list to only pictures from the left menu. Choose the photos that you want to recover and click on "Recover".
1.2. Possible Free Methods to Recover Deleted Photos from Nikon Camera(COOLPIX, D5300, D3300, D3400)
Besides using the free Nikon camera deleted photo recovery software, there are also other recovery methods as well to recover deleted photos from Nikon camera(COOLPIX, D5300, D3300, D3400). If the photos are permanently deleted, then you can use the COMMAND PROMPT to restore the photos.
Step 1: Open CMD Prompt and type "chkdsk 'drive letter' /f". Press Enter. Make sure to mount the SD card and enter that drive that appears on the computer.
Step 2: Then press "Y" so the command line can start again.
Step 3: Enter the drive letter and press Enter. Now, write " 'drive letter' : \ >attrib –h –r –s /s /d *.*”. This command recovers the files in the storage.
Part 2. Scenarios of Nikon Picture Deletion
A user would never intentionally delete his photos. There could be a list of possibilities that could cause picture loss. Let us see some of the most common scenarios of Nikon Picture Deletion.
- The first scenario is the corruption of data due to incomplete transfer. When the user is transferring photos, any interruption will cause the photos to be corrupt. For example, power outage, system crash, removal of SD card, or a system reboot.
- Different cameras have different picture formats. When you use the same card for different cameras, it will not read the format and display a message of "format your SD card". Now, if you format the SD card to use it in a new camera, then you might lose your pictures.
- Any virus or malware from the computer can enter the SD card and slowly decrease the performance of the SD card and then gradually start corrupting the pictures or even deleting it.
- Accidental deletion of pictures is not that common, but it can occur if you are busy with some other work while using the camera. You may select all the pictures and accidentally delete them.
How To Avoid:
- Make sure that you have a stable power and USB connection when connecting the camera to the computer. Also, check the battery so that camera might not die during the transfer of pictures.
- Dedicate different SD cards to different cameras. Do not use the same SD cards on different cameras, as it can also corrupt the data by frequently removing the SD card.
- Take precautions and install antivirus on your computer. Do a regular scan to keep your camera and computer free of viruses.
- While using the camera, make sure to have full attention. Don't get distracted and delete the pictures.
Part 3. FAQs about Nikon Coolpix Camera Photo Recovery Software
1) How Can I Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from My Nikon Camera?
People say that you can never recover permanently deleted files from Nikon coolpix camera. However, they are wrong. iMyFone D-Back allows the user to recover deleted files and pictures even if they are permanently deleted. Just select the drive of pictures where they were located before and perform a deep scan. Within a few minutes, you can see all the deleted pictures. Select the pictures that you want to recover and choose a path where you want to save them.
2) How to Download Pictures from Your Nikon Camera to the Computer?
There are two ways in which you can download the pictures from your Nikon camera to your computer. The first one is by using a USB cable that comes with the camera. Attach the cable to the camera and computer. A camera drive will be shown, open it and copy the pictures to the computer.
The second way is through the SD card. Nikon cameras use SD cards to store photos. You can take out the SD card and mount it to the computer. The SD card drive will appear, and the user can then open it and copy the picture to the computer easily.
3) How Do I Remove Protected Pictures from My Nikon Camera?
A protection symbol appears on the protected pictures. To remove the protected pictures, you need to remove the protection first. Select the picture and press the WB button to remove the protection.
4) How to Recover Corrupted Nikon NEF Files?
NEF means Nikon Electronic Format. It is a RAW file format for all the digital photos that are taken by the Nikon camera. You can use iMyFone D-Back to recover NEF files. It is a feature that not every data recovery tool offers to the users. It supports over 1000 file types.
5) How to Get Pictures from Your Nikon Camera to Your Phone?
Transferring the pictures to the computer and then copying it to phones is a traditional and old method. If the camera has a new method to get pictures on the phone, then why not try it. The user can use Wireless or Wi-Fi to transfer the photos. Enable the built-in Wi-Fi of the camera. Open the Wi-Fi of the smartphone and connect it to the camera. Open the Wireless Mobile Utility app on the phone. Now, the phone and camera are connected. You can view the pictures as well as download them to the phone.
Losing pictures can be upsetting. People take out cameras to take photos only on special occasions; thus, losing those memorable pictures is a big disappointment.
However, if you are using Nikon cameras, then you are in luck, as deleted photos can be recovered. iMyFone D-Back helps the user to get back or restore the photos that are lost or deleted. It requires only a few steps, and all your photos will be back. To try a demo of iMyFone D-Back, go to the iMyFone website and download the trial version of iMyFone D-Back for free.