"After recording my lecture on my iPhone 7 today, my younger sister deleted it unknowingly. I need that record urgently, is it possible to get it back?"
Thanks to technology, we can record lots of audios on the go. Chances of re-recording the exact audio are rear, so every recorded memo should be kept well, but what happens when one loses their recorded voice memo? Can they re-record it? Often the answer is No, how about recovering it? Yes, you can.
If you wondered how to recover deleted voice memos on iPhone 7 without Backup, this article is right for you.
- Part 1: Is It Possible to Recover Deleted Voice Memos on iPhone without Backup
- Part 2: The Best Software to Recover Deleted Voice Memos on iPhone without Backup
- Part 3: What You Should Do/Not Do After Accidentally Deleting Voice Memos on iPhone?
- Bonus: How to Prevent Voice Memos from Losing on iPhone
Is It Possible to Recover Deleted Voice Memos on iPhone without Backup
Yes, it is possible to recover deleted memos. As a computer guru will say, "Nothing is completely deleted from any storage device." Yeah, but you can't find your deleted files unless you use a designated software. Please stay in this article to see how to recover deleted voice memos on iPhone without Backup using our recommended software.
The Best Software to Recover Deleted Voice Memos on iPhone without Backup
iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery is the right recovery tool. It was created by iMyFone inc, gurus in the tech world. This software is renowned for recovering different file types example WhatsApp chats, Pictures, Voice Memos and Notes across iPhone, iPad, and iPods with very high chances of getting back each file uncorrupted.
The Best iPhone Data Recovery Software (iOS 13/12.1/12/11.3 supported)
- It allows you to recover data lost or deleted from iPhone directly without backup.
- Recovers 22+ file types such as voice memos, photos, videos, messages, WhatsApp messages, calendars, notes, etc, from iPhone/iTunes backup or iCloud backup.
- Allows you to preview data before recovery and retrieve data selectively.
- It is very efficient and doesn't take time to recover your deleted data.
- Support data recovery for almost all iOS devices running different iOS versions, including iPhone 11, 11 Pro (Max)/XR/XS (Max)/XS/X/8/7 and iOS 13/12.1/12/11.3.
How Do I Recover a Deleted Voice Memo on iPhone without Backup Using D-back
Step 1. Visit its official site to download and install iMyFone D-back. After launching the software, select "Recover from iOS Device," then click "Start”.
Step 2. Connect your iOS device using a USB cable, once it's detected, click on "Next”.
Step 3. Choose the "Voice Memos" file type option, then click "Scan”.
Step 4. When iMyFone D-back is done scanning, "Preview” all the recovered files, then select the voice memos you need, next “save” the selected VM in your desired location.
What You Should Do/Not Do After Accidentally Deleting Voice Memos on iPhone?
Like we said earlier, deleted Voice memos aren't wholly removed. They are stored in the SQLite database of your iPhone. You can get access to this database by using software like iMyFone D-back.
The moment you realize that your voice memo has been deleted, this is what you should do:
- Stop using your iDevice to avoid your device overwriting your SQLite database.
- You can only recover the modified version. If you've trimmed or edited your voice memo, the original version is gone because the modified version has overwritten it.
- You can't recover voice memos from a broken phone unless you have them on iTunes or iCloud.
Bonus: How to Prevent Voice Memos from Losing on iPhone
"Prevention”, we know, "is better than cure”, it will be better we prevent our voice memos from deleting than having to go through the hassle of recovering it.
Before we see ways to prevent our voice memos from deleting, let's see the possible reasons that could make us lose iPhone voice memos.
Reasons That You Lost Voice Memos on iPhone
There are many possible reasons that made you lose your iPhone voice memo. Often than not, it happens as a mistake. Below are some common reasons that lead to VM loss.
- Loss due to factory reset.
- Loss stemmed from malware or virus attack on your iDevice.
- Loss due to a result of broken or crashed iPhone.
- Lost or stolen phone.
- Your iPhone fell inside water.
- Your iPhone was Jailbroken.
3 Ways to Prevent Voice Memos from Losing
Though you know how to recover deleted voice memos on iPhone without Backup, avoiding a need for that is paramount. These are the top three best ways to ensure you never lose your voice memo.
1. Make Duplicate Voice Memos
Duplicating your essential voice memos is an excellent way of always having a backup handy. Follow the outlined steps to see how to.
Step 1: On the recording you wish to duplicate, click the three horizontal dots.
Step 2: Tap the "Duplicate" option from the pop-up menu.
2. Backup Voice Memos through iCloud or iTunes
Nothing beats a good back up. Using iCloud or iTunes, you can keep another copy of your voice memo always to turn to in case of necessity.
3. Share Your Voice Memos
Look at this as a local backup. Using Airdrop, your mail, or dropbox, you can share your Voice Memo to another iOS device for safekeeping.
Step 1: Select the three dots to bring up the pop-up menu.
Step 2: Click on "Share" and use any of the services listed there.
Knowingly or unknowingly, you could lose your iPhone Voice memo. Not to worry, this article has shown you how to recover deleted voice memos on iPhone without Backup confidently. We introduced you to iMyFone D-back, an ideal recovery tool, also gave you tips to both prevent your voice memo from deleting and what to do if it eventually deletes. Do not hesitate to drop a comment if you have any.