Are you having issues with your data connection, such as cellular data not working or cellular data network missing on your iPhone after iOS 11 update? Sometimes software problems can happen after an update, and this can cause cellular data problems. Let's explore some ways to fix this issue.
Note: If you are interested in upgrading your iOS device to iOS 11, please refer to iMyFone's guide on upgrading to iOS 11.
5 Methods to Fix Cellular Data Not Working
- What Common Cellular Data Issues Might You Encounter After the iOS 11 Update?
- Method 1 – Turn on Cellular Data on Your Device
- Method 2 - Reset Network Settings and Restart Your Device
- Method 3 - Check Cellular Carrier Update
- Method 4 – Reinstall iOS 11 on Your Device With iMyFone iOS System Recovery
- Method 5 – Downgrade iOS 11 to Previous iOS Version
What Cellular Data Issues Are Caused after iOS 11 Update?
Updates can cause various unexpected problems, but that's just part of working with technology. Some of the network problems you might get when you update to iOS 11 include:
- Some apps can't use network data.
- Some iOS features are using up tons of data (but they didn't before).
- Your iPhone could not activate cellular data network at all.
Then how can you fix cellular data issues after the iOS 11 update? Well, there are a few different methods you can use to fix this issue -- cellular data not working. Here are 5 ways to address the problem. Try each one and see if they work.
Method 1 – Turn on Cellular Data on Your Device
First, make sure that you cellular service is working. To do this, go to Settings > Cellular (or Mobile Data), then check if your cellular data is off. If it is, tap the switch to turn it on. Also, make sure that mobile data is enabled for the individual apps too. You can check this by scrolling down and looking at the list of apps on this same screen.
Method 2 - Reset Network Settings and Restart Your Device
This problem can be caused by improper network settings. Therefore you can reset network settings and then restart your device to see if the cellular data can work normally. Here are the steps:
(1) On your iPhone, open Settings.
(2) Tap General.
(3) Tap Reset.
(4) Tap Reset Network Settings.
(5) Put in your passcode to confirm.
(6) Go back to the Home screen.
(7) Press and hold the Power button and turn the device off.
(8) Wait for roughly 10 seconds, and then press the power button to turn your iPhone back on.
Please not that resetting your network settings will erase all of your saves WiFi passwords.
Method 3 - Check Cellular Carrier Update
On occasion, the network carrier itself releases software update that will help your iPhone to be more compatible with the network. To check if there is any update of your carrier settings, go to Settings, then tap General, then tap About. If there's an update there, install it.
Method 4 – Fix Cellular Data Issues without Data Loss
If nothing above seems to have worked so far, you may think about the software problem with your iPhone. Using a tool like iMyFone iOS System recovery is the best way because it will fix various problems with your system and reinstall the latest firmware version that your device needs. It does this all pretty much automatically to save you time. Features of iMyFone iOS System Recovery include:
- Fix issues on about any iOS device, such as iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, iPhone SE and all the iOS devices before.
- Automatically repair many different software issues, such as iPhone being stuck in Recovery mode, black screen, reboot looping and more.
- Get your iPhone to work normally again in just a few clicks without data loss.
- Fix problems caused by iOS update such as the installation of iOS 11.
Here is a quick guide on how to fix cellular data not working problem using iMyFone iOS System Recovery.
(1) Plug your iPhone into your computer and open iMyFone iOS System Recovery.
Choose Standard mode from the 3 options provided.
(2). Put your device into DFU mode or recovery mode so that the program can detect your device. You just need follow the on screen instruction to set your device.
For Recovery mode, keep holding onto to both buttons until you get the "Connect to iTunes" icon.
(3) iMyFone iOS System Recovery will now automatically detect what firmware you need. Click Download to download it.
(4) Now the application will automatically reinstall iOS 11 and fix the problem of cellular data . Do not unplug your device until it is finished.
Method 5 – Downgrade iOS 11 to Previous iOS Version
Sometimes downgrading to a previous iOS version can help, if nothing else works. You can do this by following the directions in this link: How to downgrade iOS 11 to iOS 10? Please note if Apple has banned the authentication for older iOS versions, you will not be able to downgrade to that version.
Cellular data issues can happen after you upgrade to a new version of iOS. There's no need to be alarmed, though. You can easily fix these issues in most cases. If none of the advice above works, you might consider contacting your network service provider or even Apple.