"Hi, I'm using an iPhone X and it worked well until today. However, there's some issue with the Face ID function this morning. I don't have any idea why Face ID doesn't work on my iPhone X now. Please help me!"
You are at right place if you meet the same problem. With the frequent number of complaints by the users regarding Face ID not working on iPhone 8/iPhone X problem, we came here with some solutions so that they can get out of the trouble easily. Keep reading and find the solution for this face ID not working on on iPhone 8/iPhone X problem.
5 Tips to Fix Face ID Doesn't Work on iPhone 8/iPhone X
1. Hard Reset iPhone 8/iPhone X
We understand how sad it is to discover that your Face ID not working on iPhone 8/iPhone X and you have no clue how to get it resolved. Relax! Start by hard rebooting your iPhone 8/iPhone X. Sometimes just a minor software glitch is the reason behind various issues. Hard rebooting the iDevice clears out such software glitches and get things back to normal.
- Press the Sleep/Wake & Volume Down buttons both at the same time and make sure not to let them go until you see Apple logo appearing on your screen. Let go the buttons now and let your device reboot.
2. Make Sure Your Face Is Clear Enough
- Holding your device too far or too close won't do any good as the standard distance with which Face ID works well is between 10-20 inches.
- Make sure when setting up Face ID there are no other faces get detected. Having multiple faces in line of sensors or camera isn't recommended at all.
- Taking off anything that's covering your face will make it easier for Face ID to recognize your face properly and easily.
- Too much light or low lighting can be a big hindrance while setting up your Face ID. Face ID works best when set up in a well lit room by natural light.
- Use a microfiber cloth to gently wipe off any dirt or debris covering any of the cameras or sensors.
3. Reset Face ID
If you are still reading the solutions, probably, your Face ID is still not working on iPhone 8/iPhone X yet. Try resetting your Face ID by deleting the already stored Face ID and then set it up all over again.
- Open "Settings", hit the "Face ID & Passcode" and enter your passcode when asked. Now, select the Face ID you wish to delete and then hit "Delete Face".
- To set up the Face ID again, head back to "Settings" and tap "Face ID & Passcode". Now, tap on "Enroll Face"
- Next, hit on "Get Started" and make sure to face should be positioned with the frame visible on your iPhone.
Note: Make sure to hold your iPhone at a distance of 15-20 inches from your face.
- Now, gradually move your head not your iPhone, duh and complete the first scan circle. Do this again to complete the second scan circle and you're done!
4. Fix Face ID Doesn't Work on iPhone 8/iPhone X without Data Loss
When your Face ID is not working on iPhone 8/iPhone X and none of the above fixes worked, there could be some software issue with your iPhone and the ultimate solution is iMyFone D-Back which can fix almost all the iOS related issue. Plus, you will be able to fix iOS issues without any loss of data. That's the new and amazing feature which is called "Fix iOS System". Recommended by the famous media sites like Cult of Mac, and Makeuseof, iMyFone D-Back is considered as one of the most popular and reliable tools by the users.
iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery (iOS 13 Supported)
- A lot of problems can be fixed with "Fix iOS System" feature. The problems include iPhone stuck with recovery mode, DFU mode, the errors you meet when updating your iOS, and other iPhone malfunctions.
- The three options offered by "Fix iOS System" are "Standard Mode", "Exit Recovery Mode" and "Advanced Mode". No data loss will be caused under the "Standard Mode".
- iMyFone D-Back recover or extract 22+ types of data from your iTunes and iCloud backup, such as contacts, messages, Kik data, WhatsApp messages, WeChat messages, etc.
- iMyFone D-Back is very user-friendly program and just a few clicks will fix your problem.
How to Use iMyFone D-Back to Fix Face ID Won't Work on iPhone 8/X
Step 1 – Start the Program
Go to your browser and download iMyFone D-Back. Install and then launch it. Now select "Fix iOS System" and connect your iPhone 8/iPhone X to the computer.
Step 2 – Pick out Mode
Now, from the next screen select "Standard Mode" and by following the instructions on the screen set your device in DFU mode or Recovery mode.
Step 3 – Download Firmware
After this, the program will detect your device easily and will help you in downloading the suitable firmware for your device. All you need to do is hitting the "Download" button.
Step 4 – Fix the Issue
Last of all, click on "Start to Fix" and keep your device connect until the process gets over. This will fix your problem positively.The face ID function on your iPhone 8/iPhone X will work normally.
5. Factory Reset Your iPhone 8/iPhone X
If the Face ID doesn't work on iPhone 8/iPhone X yet, factory resetting your iPhone 8/iPhone X is the last resort. It is quite very effective to resolve almost all of the software related problems that are hard to track down. But this method will remove all the stored data and settings restoring your iPhone back to the factory state. Make sure to perform a backup of your data before you factory reset your iPhone 8/iPhone X.
- Launch "Settings", hit General and tap on Reset. Now, tap on "Erase all Content and Settings". Confirm your actions and punch in the passcode (if any) when asked.
A lot of users ran for the brand new iPhone 8 and iPhone X because of some amazing features including Face ID function. No doubt it is one of the amazing improvements of Apple. But some of them are disappointed as well when they find that their Face ID doesn't work on iPhone 8/iPhone X. Therefore, we mentioned some quality solutions and hope you find them useful. Thanks for reading!