If you’ve used CCleaner on Android or on your PC or Mac, then you know how effective it can be in cleaning out the junk that’s on there. You might also be wondering how you can use it on your iPhone. Well...you can’t!
CCleaner is not available for iOS, unfortunately. Any apps you see with similar names in the app store are not the original CCleaner from Piriform. These are fakes and you should use them at your own risk. However, this doesn’t mean there aren’t good alternatives. First, let’s take a close look at the original CCleaner and then its alternatives, though:
CCleaner is software that you can use to get rid of useless junk files as well as clear your cache. It works on PC, Mac, or Android and has a host of useful features:
- Helps protect your privacy by deleting your private browsing info.
- Clears your cache.
- Can help make your computer or Android run faster and smoother.
- Speed up boot times.
- Make your Internet browsing safer.
A Full Review for CCleaner
Test and Review
Right away when you launch the PC or Mac version, CCleaner, it is immediately easy to use. All of the icons and labels are very straightforward and there’s never a question about what they do. You can go through all of your junk files and select only what you want to delete. It’s very easy to remove them and only takes a few clicks.
The scans are pretty fast, too, though of course the speed depends on how many files you have on your computer. Overall, there was very little lag. CCleaner has some nice customization options, too.
For Android, it’s even more simple, and you can tap to scan, then scroll through potential junk files easily. It only takes a few seconds to trash them.
- It works on multiple platforms.
- It is a trusted name in cleaning software.
- It works quickly and efficiently.
- It can help your computer run faster.
- It can help delete cookies and other private data to reduce tracking from third parties.
- The biggest con of course is that it doesn’t run on iOS! So if you were looking to use it for your iPhone, it’s pretty useless. There are other apps with similar names in the app store, but make sure to look closely at the reviews because this is NOT the same CCleaner made by Piriform that you might use on your PC or Android phone.
- The pro versions for the various platforms cost money. The free version has limited functionality. This isn’t too surprising, though, as this business model is common in software.
- It doesn’t appear to permanently delete data so that it is unrecoverable. This would be true privacy protection.
Best Alternative to CCleaner for iPhone/iPad/iPod
So if CCleaner doesn’t work for iOS, then what does? Luckily, there is a way to deep clean your iPhone better than even CCleaner can do for the PC, Mac, and Android phones. Using iMyFone iPhone Cleaner, you get everything CCleaner offers and more.
You see, iMyFone Umate Pro has special features that help preserve your privacy better than most cleaning apps out there. Take a look at these features of Umate Pro:
- Clear junk files in just a few clicks for free, including cache, corrupted files, crash logs, hidden trash, etc.
- Clear all temporarily downloaded files on iPhone to release huge space.
- Photos Manager: backup photos, Losslessly compress photos, simply delete photos, completely delete photos without recovery.
- Make Deleted Data 100% Unrecoverable: Select and permanently delete private data, previously deleted files and private fragments left by third-party apps (Snapchat, WhatsApp, FAcebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Erase all data permanently—this is better and more secure than a factory restore.
A Complete Review of iMyFone iPhone Cleaner
Test and Review
iMyFone Umate Pro launches quickly and is easy to use. You simply install it onto your computer, connect your iPhone, and then you can start going through the files on your device to delete them. It only takes a few clicks and your files are removed permanently.
It runs smoothly with very little lag, and the interface is extremely easy to figure out. The icons are intuitive and they are all labeled to make things even easier. You should have no trouble permanently deleting your files immediately.
- It will actually permanently delete your data so that it is unrecoverable, something CCleaner and other software cleaners just don’t do.
- You can delete junk files in bulk for free.
- You can review and delete large files that take up a lot of space.
- It will help you remove private fragments that could otherwise compromise your privacy.
- It offers a feature to erase all data and make it unrecoverable. This makes it easy to secure your data before you give your phone away or sell it.
- You can find files that you thought you deleted, but that are still hiding in your storage, and you can permanently delete them.
If you want to give your iPhone a good, deep cleaning, then iMyFone Umate Pro is the way to go. It not only lets you clear your junk files and delete your private data, it will help you permanently delete your files so that they can’t be recovered by hackers or snoopers. It’s one of the best iPhone cleaners available and it offers very good security.