With bigger screen than iPhone and less weight than Mac, iPad is perfect for entertainment to many iOS users. However iPad is always easy to gather tons of melodies and videos, let alone various games. No wonder why lots of people ask “why iPad keeps saying storage almost full?” We should know more about iPad storage issues, and learn how to fix iPad storage full error.
First of all, you should get an idea of what is eating up your iPad storage, so as to identify what should be managed to get back space on iPad. Go to Setting > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage to check your iPad storage. And the following tips are provided to deal with the most common iPad storage problems.
Five Tips to Fix iPad Storage Issues
- Tip 1. Delete Old Emails and Messages
- Tip 2. Uninstall Seldom Used Apps
- Tip 3. Remove "Other" Data Stored on iPad
- Tip 4. Disable Automatic Download & Background Apps Refresh Service
- Tip 5. Totally Clean Safari History, Cache & Cookies
- Tip 6. Delete Unwanted Media: Movies/Music/Photos
- Tip 7. All-in-One Solution to Fix iPad Storage Full Error
Tip 1 Delete Old Emails and Messages
When we come to emails and messages, are you really going to read them again? All right, you may do it or not. If you have every email and message stored on your iPhone, those can really add up. For those important mails and messages which need to be stored, you need to manage them well.
Here we take deleting messages for example:
- Open "Messages" app on your iPad.
- Hit "Edit" button at the upper left corner.
- Select unwanted messages and hit "Delete" at the bottom.
To delete emails, you can tap the Mail app icon, and trash them away. Or you can log out your email account and all the emails will be removed from your iPad.
Tip 2 Uninstall Seldom Used Apps
But quite a few apps are downloaded for following and one-off use, and then forgotten in the corner on iPad. Some of these apps can take up hundreds of MBs in your iPhone with big size of downloaded files and cache data.
You can uninstall apps in "Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage". Tap the unwanted app and hit "Delete App".
Tip 3 Remove "Other" Data Stored on iPad
If you check your iPad’s memory usage through iTunes, usually there is a section called “Other” which eats up a huge storage space. Mainly, any file that doesn’t fit into the default categories goes into “Other.” This includes corrupted files, Safari bookmarks and history, Text messages, Calendar entries, Siri cache, Contact photos etc.
It’s easy to remove “Other” from app, just uninstall and reinstall all Apps, and all these files will be deleted.
Another method is to use a professional software to do it. The FREE trial version of iMyFone iPad Cleaner or iMyFone iPad Cleaner for Mac is the perfect solution, the program provides the free function of removing junk and temporary files. After having removed all these useless files, the "Other" storage on iTunes will be gone too.
Tip 4 Disable Automatic Download & Background Apps Refresh Service
Apps with new features are more eye-catching and convenient while not every app needs constant auto-updating. Downloading apps not only occupy iPad storage, but also slow down your iPad when many apps are running at the same time.
To fix the problem of iPad saying storage almost full, you can go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads. Turn the items like Apps, Updates off to diable automatic downloads.
Background apps refresh service should be closed for the same reason. You can disable Background apps refresh service in Settings > General > Background App Refresh.
Tip 5 Totally Clean Safari History, Cache & Cookies
All your searching and browsing history on Safari will be stored on your iPad. Don't forget to clean your Safari when iPad storage is almost full.
You can totally clean iPad Safari history all at once in "Settings > Safari > Clear Hisotry and Website Data" on your iPad. Not only browsing history, but also cache and cookies will be deleted.
Tip 6 Delete Unwanted Media: Movies/Music/Photos
You can back up your photos, videos and music to computer and delete unneeded ones from your iPad.
- Delete Photos: You can go to Photos app > head for Moments > hit "Select" button and check unwanted photos > tap Trash icon. You need to check photos one by one. If you want to delete photos all at once, use iMyFone iPad Cleaner to back up and delete them once.
- Delete Music: Go to "Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage > Music" and swipe left on All Songs.
- Delete Videos: You can make it in Videos app by tapping "Movies" or "TV Shows" at the bottom > tapping "Edit" > Tapping "x" icon at the upper -left corner of each videos.
Tip 7 All-in-One Solution to Fix iPad Storage Full Error
If you want to use a safe and quick way to resolve iPad storage full issue, then you can’t miss iMyFone iPad Cleaner or iMyFone iPad Cleaner for Mac. With unique and advanced technique, this space saver can release tremendous space by just one click.
- Clear hidden junk files, like app caches/cookies/temp files/crash logs, etc.
- Clean invisible temporary files, such as user storage files, corrupted files & downloaded temp files.
- Compress photos on iPad to save 75% of iPad photo space.
- Offer the option to preview and select unwanted photos/videos/Apps, then you can mass delete them in just 1-click.
- Back up automatically all media files, photos and videos, before deletion and compression.
- Erase the files deleted in the pass to make sure sensitive data is totally removed.
- Erase third-party apps data and fragments, including WhatsApp, WeChat, Snapchat, LINE,etc.
How to Use iMyFone iPad Cleaner to Fix iPad Memory Full Problem
Step 1: Install iMyFone software on your PC/Mac and connect iPad to your computer. Pay attention that iTunes also must be installed.
Step 2: Click on “Quick Scan” to begin the iPad storage analyse.
Step 3: Select the files that you want to delete and click “Clean”.
The space saver is really helpful for the iPad storage full issues, with this powerful tool, clear iPad storage is no longer a trouble for you!
And the trial version is available for space analyzing, junk files cleaning, 5 latest photos' compression and one app's uninstallation. Why not free download and try it now?