All the media that we store in our iPhone, either in the form of our top favorite music playlist or a bunch of memorable videos, might vanish away one fine day by turning into numerous unwanted corrupted files.
We all love pouring in new collection of songs and a number of humorous videos on our iPhone to show off in our friends’ circle or simply for time killing purpose. This entertaining accumulation can convert into corrupted media any day and is only viewable on your iOS device through iTunes. What's more, the corrupted files may take up much space on your iPhone. Kicking off the corrupted media files from your iOS device can be a bit challenging.
Part 1: What Causes Media Files to turn Corrupt
Some of the most common causes of media files getting corrupted in your iPhone are as follows:
- Errors in media-related apps
- System crash
- Sudden power failure
- Internet connectivity lost when downloading media files
- Device freezes when downloading
- Defective or faulty hard drive
While you certainly cannot fix the corrupted files, the next possible solution for you is to get rid of them as they are consuming unnecessary space on your device. Sweeping away unwanted infected media files and making space on your iPhone require smart and tech-savvy iPhone cleanup solutions.
Part 2: How to Delete Corrupted Files on iPhone
With plenty of iOS cleaning and space saving software available on the market, it is a bit tough to pick out one which is best-fit. To makes things easier for you, we have an excellent recommendation- iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac.
The software for Windows and Mac helps remove the corrupt and partially synced music, video and other media files, and free up space on iPhone. Just download it, lay back and unwind yourself completely. This advanced junk cleaning and space-saving iPhone app will kick away all the unwanted corrupted media files from your iOS device. You can free up tons of space by using this exceptional iPhone cleaner.
- Cleaning up 30+ Junk files & massive temporary files to release iPhone space - most corrupted files are removed in this process. This feature is also available in the trial version of the software to help you know whether or not it is actually effective.
- Export / Compress or mass delete all photos (corrupted photos included) with backup on PC previously.
- Export / Deleting large files with auto backup on PC - give you the option to find out and delete all large files over 5MB on your iPhone, corrupted videos included.
- Manage Apps - list all Apps installed on your iPhone, corrupted Apps included, you can preview and bulk delete them.
- Erase previously deleted corrupted files - detect and find out all your deleted files (including many corrupted files), then permanently erase them.
- Permanently erase private iOS data - erase message, call history, Safari history, WhatsApp/WeChat messages & attachments, notes, voice memos, etc. the erased data is 100% unrecoverable.
- Erase Private Fragments - This feature can erase almost all corrupted fragments of third-party Apps, like Snapchat, WeChat, Facebook, Youtube etc.
How to Use iMyFone Umate Pro to Delete Corrupted iPhone Files
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to PC. Once it is connected successfully, your iPhone storage information will show on the interface.
Step 2. Scan your iOS device for a full space-saving analysis.
Click "Quick Scan" from the tab of "1-click Free Up Space". After the Quick Scan, when you have a list of the all the space that can be freed from your device, look for “Junk Files” and click the “Clean” button next to it.
And you’ll be provided with detailed information about the files that can be deleted. In this, you’ll see iTunes Cache along with other junk files, like crash logs, photo caches, etc. iTunes Cache contains all the files that didn’t sync properly.
Step 3. Click on the "Clean" bouton ans the program will begin to delete your corrupted files.
The files that you have already deleted from your iPhone, with the help of other tools, can be recovered with the help of tools available online, it is highly recommended that you should permanently erase all the deleted files with Umate Pro to ensure that they cannot be recovered and won't lead to privacy leak.
Thrashing away infected and corrupted media files from your iPhone or other iOS devices is one challenging task. iMyFone Umate is highly recommended to remove and delete corrupted media files from iPhone in a simple yet convenient manner. As you can see, the software is very easy to use and is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apart from clearing corrupted files, iMyFone Umate also can help you make your iPhone iPad run faster, remove junk files, temporary files, compress photos and a lot more.