Over the years as iPhone keeps evolving, the sizes of the photos keep changing. In fact, it is being said that if you use an iPhone 7 to snap just 5 photos a day without downloading a single game, an app or even an email attachment, there is a high chance that you can run out of storage for just six months.
This is just a little indication of how big the size of iPhone photos. Newer iPhone 7 photo takes about 8.7 MB (3024 X 4032) which is said to be the normal size. For space saving consideration, it will be better to resize the iPhone photo of this size and this is what this article will explain.
3 Tips to Resize iPhone 7 Photos and Make Photos Use Less Space
Since you cannot stop taking photos on your iPhone 7, then it is important to ensure your photos take less space on your iPhone 7. There is no need to leave your photos with such big size. The following are some little tips to resize iPhone photos.
Tip 1 Compress Photo Library
- Go to "Settings > Photo & Camera".
- Turn on "iCloud Photo Library".
- Check "Optimize iPhone Storage".
This is one of the easiest ways to make photos use less space on your iPhone 7. It helps you to move your photos from iPhone to iCloud storage. It works in such a way that it shows the photos in the photo app as small previews but will download it from iCloud when you want to open the photos. The app will automatically manage what is stored on iCloud and locally on its own.
Tip 2 Mail Photos to Yourself
Although this is a style that is seen as cumbersome to manage space, it is still effective. Just compose a new mail and attach photos, there will be a prompt asking you to lower resolution or send them in their original sizes. Select lower resolution and mail to yourself to resize iPhone photos. You can clear them off your device once this is done.
Tip 3 Rezise iPhone Photos & Keep Original Ones on Computer
This is much simpler and more effective than the above ways. You just need the help of iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac. This is regarded as the world’s No. 1 iPhone cleaner used to free up space on any iOS device. This is indeed a good tool to manage photos and save space on your iPhone.
- Back up original photos to computer & resize iPhone photos losslessly to reclaim about 75% photo space.
- One click to mass delete photos on your iPhone 7.
- Clear up iPhone photo caches by cleaning junk files. It is totally FREE.
- Photos (current & deleted) can be permanently deleted with NO chance of recovery.
- Other attached photos can be completely destroyed through "SMS Attachment" & "WhatsApp Attachment".
Using iMyFone Umate Pro is very easy and you get it done in just few steps.
Step 1: Connect iPhone to computer and launch iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 2: Click "Photos" tab on the interface and choose "Backup & Compress" button.
Step 3: It will start to transfer your photos to computer and then compress them without damaing visible quality.
Other powerful functions of this iPhone cleaner are:
- Clear up hidden junk files and temporary files to free up space
- Detect and mass deleting all large files over 5MB to sage massive storage
- App manager: list all apps and you can mass delete them by one click.