Over the years as iPhone keeps evolving, the sizes of the photos keep changing. In fact, it is being said that if you use an iPhone 7 to snap just 5 photos a day without downloading a single game, an app or even an email attachment, there is a high chance that you can run out of storage for just six months.
This is just a little indication of how big the size of iPhone photos. Newer iPhone 7 photo takes about 8.7 MB (3024 X 4032) which is said to be the normal size. For space saving consideration, it will be better to change photo size on iPhone 7 and this is what this article will explain.
3 Tips to Resize Photos on iPhone 7 and Reduce Photo Space
Since you cannot stop taking photos on your iPhone 7, then it is important to ensure your photos take less space on your iPhone 7. There is no need to leave your photos with such big size. The following are some little tips to resize iPhone 7 photo size Mb.
Tip 1: Resize the Whole Photo Library
- Go to "Settings > Photo & Camera".
- Turn on "iCloud Photo Library".
- Check "Optimize iPhone Storage".
This is one of the easiest ways to reduce iPhone 7 photo file size. It helps you to move your photos from iPhone to iCloud storage. Original photos are stored in iCloud while iPhone just stores the compressed onec. iPhone will download it from iCloud when you want to open the photos. The app will automatically manage what is stored on iCloud and locally on its own.
But note that, iCloud only provides free 5GB space. This way doesn't fit if you have a huge amount of photos.
Tip 2: Change Photo Size on iPhone 7 via Mail
Although this is a style that is seen as cumbersome to manage space, it is still effective.
- Launch Photo app on iPhone 7. Select the photos which you want to reduce the size and tap the Action button. Then choose Mail.
- It will jump to the Mail application. Fill in your email address and “Subject”. If you wish, you can add a message.
- Hit Send button. Choose the photo size from Small, Medium, Large and Actual Size.
- The resized photos will be sent to your email, you can delete the original photos from iPhone first. Then go to your Mail and downloaded the resized ones.
But I suppose you will find this way confused and frusted especially when you have large photo library. You will lose the orginal photos as well.
Tip 3: How to Rezise Photos on iPhone 7 in A Smart Way
This is much simpler and more effective than the above ways. You just need the help of iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac. This is regarded as the world’s No. 1 iPhone cleaner used to free up space on any iOS device. This is indeed a good tool to manage photos and save space on your iPhone.
Features to Manage iPhone 7 Photo Size:
- Resize iPhone photos losslessly to reclaim about 75% photo space. You will have a backup after resizing.
- Back up and mass delete photos on your iPhone 7.
- Clear all iPhone caches, including iPhone photo caches, for free.
- Permanently delete photos (current & deleted) with NO chance of recovery.
- Other attached photos can be completely destroyed, like SMS photos, note photos, WhatsApp photos, WeChat photos, ...
How to Change Photo Size on iPhone 7 without Damage to Quality?
Step 1: Connect iPhone to computer and launch iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 2: Click "Photos" tab on the interface and choose "Backup & Compress" button.
Step 3: It will start to transfer your photos to computer and then compress them without damaing visible quality.
Other powerful functions of this iPhone cleaner are:
- Clear up hidden junk files and temporary files to free up space
- Detect and mass deleting all large files over 5MB to sage massive storage
- App manager: list all apps and you can mass delete them by one click.