Some people love iPhone and some don't. And this new generation brand war or software debate is pretty similar to the close soda fight of decades that is, Coca-Cola vs. Pepsi. The fight is between the hardcore loyal consumers of each of the brand, who are constantly enraged in order to make the other feel invaluable in front of the other.
However, then there are some neutral consumers that might be flexible towards both. We address such neutral customers to try out iMessage on their Windows computers. It's easy, it's efficient and it is definitely high-tech. The article shows how to get iMessage on PC.
1 Use Chrome Remote Desktop
Step 1. You should have a Mac with iMessage and a Windows PC, to start off with.
Step 2. Next, you need to download Chrome and Chrome Remote Desktop on both of your computers.
Step 3. When the installation process of the application is completed, click to launch.
Step 4. Download Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer separately just on the Mac computer.
Step 5. After the completion of the download, install it the same.
Step 6. Chrome Remote Desktop allows access to another computer's apps and files securely via the Chrome browser or Chrome book. So connect the two computers through the security code and enjoy the iMessage on your Windows PC.
2 Jailbreak your iPhone
There is one more method through which you can get iMessage for windows. Though a little complicated, it is useful.
In the beginning, you need to jailbreak your Apple device by installing the software called Cydia. Cydia is a directory of applications that become usable because of your jail broken iOS device.
Next, you will spend $4 to get an app called Remote Messages in Cydia to set up a web based interface. You will be able to connect to this web based interface using your iPhone's IP address found on the browser, following ":333".
Although the steps may sound complicated, the app explains everything to you and for then on it becomes easy to remotely access iMessage from your Windows computer.
3 Use a Free Emulator
Step 1. Visit ipadian2.com and download the free emulator available there.
Step 2. Then install the file with extension .exe on your PC.
Step 3. Run the emulator.
Step 4. Continue by accepting the terms and conditions.
Step 5. After the successful completion of the installation process, launch the iPadian software on your PC.
Step 6. Search for iMessage in the search bar.
Step 7. Lastly, download the Apple messenger app and launch it.
Then you can access iMessage on PC!
4 Access iMessage History on Windows Computer
Although you can try out the above mentioned ways and get the app, there is just one more way you should consider – to get your iMessage history from iPhone to Windows computer by a 3rd-party tool. Via this best and the least hassling way you can get your chat history on Apple's famous messenger app. Here we recommend iMyFone D-Port iPhone Data Exporter to you so that you can view iPhone iMessages on PC.
- It transfers both textual and media content, such as messages, photos, videos and audio in conversations from iPhone to computer.
- It allows you to preview data before exporting so that you can choose what you really need.
- It can view and extract iTunes/iCloud backup which is unreadable for you before.
- Extract 20 types of files, including WhatsApp, Kik, notes, voice memo and more.
The following is the specific procedure to transfer your iMessages from iOS devices, such as iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 11.3 to Windows computer. All you need is just several clicks.
Step 1. Choose the File Types You Need to Export
- Download and install iMyFone D-Port on your Windows computer, then launch it.
- From "Export from iOS Device" tab, click "Start" to choose file types you need to export, for example, Message, and click on "Next".
- iMyFone D-Port will ask you to connect your iOS device to the computer and just follow its prompt.
Step 2: Scan your iOS Device Completely
- Connect your device and click the "Scan" button. D-Port will scan your device.
- Generally, it will need some time depending on the storage of your iOS device.
Steps 3: Preview and Export Data from iOS Device
- After scanning, the iMessages on the device will be displayed.
- You can check the files by clicking them individually and choose the desired files.
- Finally, click on the "Export" button in the bottom right corner.
- A pop-up window will ask you to locate where you want to store the iMessages on your computer.
Thus in conclusion checkout any of the four ways and enjoy your iMessage on your Windows computer. And the iMyFone D-Port iPhone Data Exporter (compatible with iOS 11.3) offers a free trial that you can check out and see if it works for you which it surely will!