There are times when you forget the screen lock password of your Samsung Galaxy S6 and you need to factory reset it for removing its lock. You may also need to factory reset locked Galaxy S6 if you have purchased a second-hand piece from a third-party resource and you cannot contact the previous owner. Moreover, you will have to wipe all of the data and factory reset your phone even when you are planning to sell it out. Whatever the case may be, factory reset is the need of the situation.
How to Unlock Locked Galaxy S6 without Factory Reset
Factory Reset will restore the original state of your device. So the password that has been set on it will be automatically removed after this process and you will be able to access your phone. But it will delete all data so let's discuss both methods to unlock without data loss and factory reset locked Galaxy S6.
Here I recommend a useful tool iMyFone LockWiper (Android) Phone Reset Tool. By contrast with the method to factory reset locked Galaxy S6 introduced in the next part, you will have all your data intact with iMyFone LockWiper (Android).
iMyFone LockWiper (Android) Overview
iMyFone LockWiper (Android) is an android unlock app which has the following features:
- It can remove any kind of Android screen lock like password, PIN, pattern, fingerprint and face lock.
- It can remove Samsung screen lock without loss of any data.
- It can also bypass Samsung Google FRP.
- iMyFone LockWiper (Android) supports more than 6000 android devices like LG, Motorola, Samsung, Huawei, etc.
- The success rate is more than 98% which is very high.
- It’s very easy to use and the unlocking process is very fast.
Unlocking Process of iMyFone LockWiper (Android)
Once you have downloaded and installed the software in your PC, you should go through the following simple steps to unlock your device:
Step 1: Launch iMyFone LockWiper (Android) in your PC. You will see two options: “Remove Google Lock (FRP)” and “Remove Screen Lock”. Choose the second one for screen unlocking.
Step 2: Now connect your phone with the PC using a USB cable.
Step 3: Follow the on-screen instructions displayed by the software in order to complete the screen lock removal process. And that’s it!
As you noticed above, the process of screen unlocking with iMyFone LockWiper (Android) is very simple and easy. Anyone with no specific technical skill or knowledge can execute the easy process to remove the screen lock of his android device without knowing the passcode. Moreover, there are times when you forget your Google Verification Account or its Password or both. Even in that case, you can use iMyFone LockWiper (Android) for unlocking. Because this software can bypass the Google FRP also, as mentioned earlier in this article.
How to Factory Reset Locked Galaxy S6 (Data Lost)
What if you don't want the previous data on Galaxy S6 and just need to unlock? In that case, factory reset via recovery mode is the option for you. Using this method, you can factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S6 without accessing the home screen of the phone. All you need is the access to the external physical buttons of the device like Volume Up, Volume Down, Home Button, Power Button.
Follow the steps listed and explained below in order to factory reset locked Galaxy S6, using the recovery mode:
1. First, switch off your phone.
2. Now press and hold down the volume up, home and power button altogether until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
3. Android logo will appear now, followed by the reset menu.
4. Scroll down to “wipe data/factory reset”. You can use the volume up and volume down buttons for scrolling up and down respectively.
5. Now press the power button to select it.
6. Scroll down to “Yes – delete all user data”, using the volume down button.
7. Again press the power button to select this option.
8. Now all data in your phone will be wiped or erased.
9. Press the power button again to reboot your device and that’s it!
It’s easy to factory reset locked Galaxy S6 to remove its screen lock password, by using the above-described recovery mode method. But this method will cost you the loss of your phone’s data which is not appreciable most of the time. What's more, if the Android version is 5.1.1 or later, you may be blocked after you factory reset locked Galaxy S6. So I will recommend you to use iMyFone LockWiper (Android) which can remove your phone’s screen lock password without data loss and with very easy process, no matter if you got a Galaxy S6, S6 Edge or S6 Edge Plus.
We have introduced the ways to factory reset locked Galaxy S6 and remove the screen lock passcode without data loss. Whether you want to remove your phone’s screen lock or Google FRP lock, whatever the case may be and whatever your need may be, iMyFone LockWiper (Android) Phone Reset Tool will be your best choice. Download the free trial version of iMyFone LockWiper (Android) right now and move to complete the unlocking process quickly without password and without data loss on your Galaxy S6 !