Apple security is pretty top-notch, and it can be hard to crack. In most cases, it is impossible. The activation lock that is associated with Apple ID on the iPad, is a form of theft protection that protects iPad users from suffering from being stolen or lost, considering that many iPads today contain a lot of confidential bank information. Meanwhile, it prevents anyone from misusing your iPad in the case of theft and restricts anyone from being able to wipe data off your iPad without your permission.
But is there any way to unlock the activation lock? The answer is yes. Now we are going to talk about 3 methods on how to activate iPad without an original Apple ID.
Part 1. How to Activate iPad with Original Apple ID
It's difficult to activate iPad when iPad is locked by activation lock. But Here are 3 simple solutions to unlock iPad with Original Apple ID.
Solution 1. Find Apple ID Password to Activate iPad
The best way to unlock activation lock of iPad is to find Apple ID password. That is to say, you have to know your Apple ID and password. Here are ways to activate iPad with password in the following situations:
1. If you use two-factor authentication:
- You can click “Unlock with Passcode” directly.
- Then type the single-use numeric code that Apple sends to you. The activation lock will be unlocked.
2. If you don’t know your Apple ID email address, you can look it up on Apple’s iForgot website. Check the details here.
3. If you’re not sure about your password, or you want to reset it, you can also change the passcode on iForgot. Check the details here.
Solution 2. Go to Apple Store to Activate iPad
You can go to Apple store for help if you cannot find your Apple ID password. The Apple authorities will be able to help you activate an iPad without an original apple ID. But remember the following advices before you go to Apple store.
1. You must have a valid proof of purchase.
2. Make an appointment at your local Apple store before you go and take your valid purchase notification.
Of course, this way is hard because you will require a lot of patience and the Apple authorities will require a lot of details before they unlock the activation lock.
Solution 3. Contact the Previous Owner for Help to Activate iPad
If you recently purchased an iPad from somewhere and unfortunately it has an activation lock on, you can contact your seller and ask them to remove activation lock.
This is because that the owners sell their iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without erasing their data on it, which results in an activation lock. Below we’re going to tell you what the owner should do to untangle the device from the previous owner’s Apple ID.
Step 1. Go to iCloud.com/find and sign in with the Apple ID and password. Then Click “Find iPhone”.
Step 2. Click “All Devices” and choose the right model of the iPad.
Step 3. Select “Erase iPad”. Next click “Remove from Account” when this button is available.
Step 4. This will delete activation lock, meaning that now you can use your iPad peacefully.
Part 2. How to Unlock iPad without Original Apple ID via iMyFone LockWiper
As activation lock is hard to remove and will cause lots of trouble, we suggest iMyFone LockWiper to help you instantly remove Apple ID/iCloud account from iPhone/iPad/iPod. And you don’t have to know the password. You can solve this problem with LockWiper in only 5 minutes.
Main Features of iMyFone LockWiper:
- Remove Apple ID/iCloud account without password and create a new one.
- iPad won’t be tracked or blocked by the previous Apple ID user.
- Enjoy all iOS features after the lock has been removed.
- Support all iOS devices, from iOS 13 and iPhone 11 Pro (Max).
- Remove screen lock from locked, disabled, broken iPad.
You can erase your iPad Apple ID in these steps:
Step 1. Launch iMyFone LockWiper on the laptop or PC and choose “Unlock Apple ID” Mode.
Step 2. Connect your iPad to a laptop or PC and unlock the iOS screen by selecting “Trust”.
Step 3. Click “Start to Unlock” tab to remove the Apple ID.
- If “Find My iPhone” is disabled, LockWiper will automatically start unlocking your device.
- If "Find My iPhone” is enabled, you will have to reset all your settings on the iOS device. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
Step 4. Once this is done, your iPad will be unlocked.
Part 3. Useful Suggestions to Avoid Buying iPad with Activation Lock
In fact, you should be very careful if you decide to purchase a second-hand iPhone on the Internet.
1. If you see “Hello” onscreen inviting you to “Set Up Your iPhone” when you turn on the iPad for the first time. It means it’s activated and not linked to another Apple ID.
2. If the iPad asks for a passcode, it hasn’t been erased. Ask the seller to go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
Expect the solutions to activate iPad without original Apple ID, you can also use iMyFone LockWiper to remove Apple ID. It comes with a high recommendation online and is worth to use.