How to factory reset iPad if you forgot password is a common topic on all Apple device platforms, websites, and forums. However, why do iPad users keep asking and searching for ways to factory reset iPad when they forget passcode especially with every new release of iOS version? The reason is that the answer in most websites, forums, and discussion platforms are no longer up to date in unlocking an iPad.
Therefore, we are here to give you the latest and most updated solution to fix your locked or disabled iPad when the passcode is forgotten. We’ll introduce you to 4 ways you can factory reset your iPad if you forgot the password to your device.
Ways to Factory Reset iPad If You Forgot Password
There are four ways you can factory reset your iPad when you forgot the password. Choose one here to operate on your iPad, which depends on the requirements you can satisfy.
- Use iPhone Password Wiper Tool: This method or tool works efficiently to factory reset your iPad in all cases without any requirements. That’s why it’s the most recommended.
- Use iTunes: This is Apple official service for restoring iPad when locked. iTunes only works to factory reset iPads that have been synchronized with it in the past.
- Use iCloud: This is Apple’s cloud computing services, but it also offers iPad erasing features if Find My iPad is enabled in the device.
- Use Recovery Mode: If your device has never been synced on iTunes, and Find My iPad is not enabled on the device, then recovery mode is a good option for resetting your iPad to factory default. It’s not 100% effective.
Therefore, you can pick any of the listed ways to factory reset your iPad. However, before you do that, please, get to know more about these solutions and the steps to factory reset iPad with them.
1 Use LockWiper to Factory Reset iPad If You Forgot Password
iMyFone LockWiper is the specific iPhone password wiper that is most recommended. The most interesting thing about LockWiper is the simplicity of use and the convenience it gives you in resetting all types of iPhone locks without hassle. LockWiper allows you to reset your iPhone or iPad in any scenarios. Even in a case that you don't know the Apple ID and password, you can use it to solve the issue easily.
LockWiper Great Features:
- Fully reset iPhone/iPad to factory settings without entering iPad passcode or iCloud password
- Unlock any type of lock from iPhone screen, like Face ID, Touch ID, 4 o4 6 digit passcodes, Apple ID without password on activated deivces..
- Promise 99% success rate even to reset second-hand or used iPhone/iPad
- Assist you easily get access to iPad when iPad is disabled or iPad screen is broken
- Advantages: no internet required, easy to use, fast to complete
Download LockWiper Now and Save Your iPad from Forgotten Passcode
Step 1. Launch iMyFone LockWiper on your computer, and click the “Start” tab before connecting your iPad.
Step 2. Connect your device and click Next.
Step 3. Download the firmware package for your iPad by tapping “Download”, and click “Start to Extract” afterward.
Step 4. Click “Start Unlock” tab after the extraction, enter “000000” into the box, and click “Unlock” to reset your locked iPad.
2 Use iTunes to Reset iPad without Password
iTunes is a good service for unlocking and factory resetting an iPad when the password is forgotten. If you’ve synced your iPad on iTunes before now, you can follow these steps to factory reset your iPad on iTunes.
Step 1. Connect your iPad to the computer you synced with.
Step 2. Open iTunes and wait for it to sync and back up your iPad. (If iTunes asks for passcode, you need to change to another iTunes you synced with iPad before.)
Step 3. When it’s done, click “Restore iPad”.
Step 4. Once done, you can choose to restore from iTunes backup when you set up your iPad.
If your iPad is running on iOS 11.4.1 or later, the feature “USB Accessories” in “Settings > Touch ID & Passcode” should be enabled.
But if this way is available for you, you won’t lose any data.
3 Use iCloud to Reset iPad If You Forgot Passcode
As we earlier mentioned, iCloud is a remote way to reset iPad when Find My iPad is enabled. But it comes with some limits. Make sure you satisfied with these requirements first:
- Your iPad must be associated with an iCloud account and has “Find My iPad” enabled.
- You must know the iCloud account and passcode.
- Your iPad must be connected to internet, no matter the cellular data or WiFi.
Then follow the steps below to remotely erase your iPad:
Step 1. Go to www.icloud.com and enter your Apple ID and Password.
Step 2. Navigate to “Find iPhone” tab and select it.
Step 3. Click “All Devices” and select the iPad you want to unlock.
Step 4. Click “Erase iPad” and confirm it to reset your iPad.
4 Use Recovery Mode to Reset iPad If You Forgot Password
The Recovery mode as we earlier said is the solution for those who never synced their iPad on iTunes and do not have iCloud enabled in the device. Here is how to factory reset an iPad using recovery mode:
Step 1. Connect your iPad your computer using a USB cable.
Step 2. Launch iTunes.
Step 3. While connecting, switch your iPad in recovery mode: press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button until you can see the iTunes logo on your iPad screen.
Step 4. On computer, you will see the option to Restore or Update. Choose Restore here. It will download the firmware package for your iPad and then restore iPad to factory settings.
If it takes more than 15 minutes to download the firmware package, your iPad will exit the recovery mode. At that time, you need to repeat the steps again and again until it finally works.
Hence, you may want to use iMyFone LockWiper to unlock your iPad instantly. So, get your licensed copy of LockWiper now!