You forgot iPad mini password and you thought there is no solution? Having passcode issues on your device can be very frustrating and unpleasant. Things could even get worse if not taken care of in time and in the proper manner. We will show you 4 effective methods to solve iPad mini password issues.
- Method 1: Forgot iPad mini Password - Unlock without iTunes (2019 Recommended)
- Method 2: Unlock with Apple ID If You Forgot iPad mini Passcode
- Method 3: Unlock with Synced iTunes When You Forgot iPad mini Password
- Method 4: Unlock in Recovery Mode When You Forgot iPad mini Passcode
- Extra Tips: Everything You Need to Know about iPad mini Passcode
1. Forgot iPad mini Password? Unlock without iTunes
iMyFone LockWiper (Win & Mac) is a powerful third-party iPhone unlocker with all the functions you need to unlock a locked or even disabled iPad. It’s specifically developed to solve any issues of screen lock, no matter man-made or system problem. It is very safe and fast, and you don’t have to be a tech master to use it.
LockWiper - Unlock iPad with Ease:
- Easily removes password from locked or disabled iPad without the need for a passcode
- Unlocks all digits passcode, includes 4/6-digit passcode, Touch ID and even Face ID
- Promise high unlocking rate even for a second-hand device
- Removes previous Apple ID without password so you can change to a new account
- Unlock forgotten passcode for parental control in mere minutes
Below, are steps to follow when using iMyFone LockWiper to unlock a locked or disabled iPad without password.
Step 1: Open iMyFone LockWiper
Launch LockWiper on your computer, then click on “Unlock Screen Passcode” and then "Start" to begin the process. Your iPad mini should already be connected to your PC.
Step 2: Download Firmware Package
When your iPad mini has been detected, click "Download" if the information shown is matched with your device.
Click "Start to Extract" to allow LockWiper unpack the downloaded firmware.
Step 3: Unlock Screen Passcode
Select “Start Unlock”, type “000000” into the box and click “Unlock” to initiate the process. Your iPad will be unlocked.
As you can see, the process bypasses the passcode when you use LockWiper.
2. Unlock with Apple ID If You Forgot iPad mini Passcode
If "Find My iPad" is enabled on your iPad mini, you can use iCloud to remotely erase your iPad mini and remove the forgotten passcode:
- Log-in to icloud.com using the details of the same account that is attached to your iPad mini.
- Click on the “Find iPhone” feature to continue the process.
- Select the “All Devices” option and choose your iPad model.
- To resolve the “forgot iPad passcode problem”, click on the “Erase iPad” button.
- Verify your choice and wait for some minutes for your iPad mini to be restored remotely.
Cons of This Method:
- Your iPad mini must be linked to your iCloud account and have "Find My iPad" enabled.
- Your device must be connected to Wi-Fi network and be able to go online
3. Unlock with Synced iTunes When You Forgot iPad mini Password
Apple recommends you use iTunes to restore your iPad mini when you forgot password. You can follow these steps:
- First, connect your iPad mini to the synchronized computer.
- Then, launch iTunes.
- Allow iTunes to sync your device and perform a backup.
- After the synchronization and backup complete, click “Restore iPad”.
- On reaching the Set-Up screen, tap Restore from iTunes backup while restoring your device.
- Choose your device in iTunes. Check for the date and size of the backups and select the appropriate one.
Cons of This Method:
- The iTunes should be the one you synced with your iPad mini before. If iTunes asks you to enter passcode, it means this method won't work for you.
- The "Find My iPad" feature must be disabled on your iPad mini.
4. Unlock in Recovery Mode If You Forgot iPad mini Passcode
This method is effective for those who have never synchronized their device with iTunes.
- Connect your iPad mini to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Force-restart your device - press and hold both the Home button button down simultaneously. Do not release the buttons until the recovery-mode screen is revealed.
- You will see an option to Restore or Update, Click on Restore.
- Wait for the complete process.
Cons of This Method:
- If the restoring process takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode. You need to repeat the step 2 and 3 again until you finally make it.
- It would be hard for some iPad users to enter recovery mode even when they operate the steps right.
Everything You Need to Know about iPad mini Passcode
When passcode will be asked on iPad mini?
Passcodes can be set on iPads and it will be required when you want to do the following:
- Put on or restart the device
- When updating your software version
- Viewing or editing passcode settings on your device
- When installing new iOS profiles for configuration
- Erasing/resetting the device
What happens when you input the wrong passcode on your iPad mini repeatedly?
When you or someone else try accessing your iPad mini with the wrong passcode repeatedly, your device gets disabled.
- 6 incorrect guesses: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minute
- 7 incorrect guesses: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 5 minutes
- 8 incorrect guesses: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 15 minutes
- 9 incorrect guesses: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes
- 10 incorrect guesses: iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes
Therefore, if you forgot password, stop trying! Or your iPad mini will be completely disabled finally.
Instead of trying complicated steps to unlock your iPad, why not make it easier by using iMyFone LockWiper! LockWiper provides a free trial version for users to figure it out. Why not have a free trial.