You forgot iPad mini password and you thought there is no solution? Having passcode issues on your device can be very frustrating and unpleasant. Things could even get worse if not taken care of in time and in the proper manner.
So What’s An iPad mini Password?
A passcode serves as a password, which is used to permit access or authorize a function on your iPad mini.
Passcodes can be set on iPads and it will be required when you want to do the following:
- Put on or restart the device
- When updating your software version
- Viewing or editing passcode settings on your device
- When installing new iOS profiles for configuration
- Erasing/resetting the device
So, what happens when you input the wrong passcode on your iPad mini repeatedly?
When you or someone else try accessing your iPad mini with the wrong passcode repeatedly, your device gets disabled.
- 6 incorrect guesses: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minute
- 7 incorrect guesses: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 5 minutes
- 8 incorrect guesses: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 15 minutes
- 9 incorrect guesses: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes
- 10 incorrect guesses: iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes
Therefore, if you forgot password, stop trying! Or your iPad mini will be completely disabled finally.
Forgot iPad mini Password? Fix without iTunes
iMyFone LockWiper (Win & Mac) is a powerful third-party software with all the functions you need to unlock a locked or even disabled iPad. It’s specifically developed to solve any issues of screen lock, no matter man-made or system problem. It is very safe and fast, and you don’t have to be a tech master to use it.
Be The Pro with LockWiper:
- Easily removes all types of iPad screen lock: without the need for a passcode
- Unlocks all digits passcode, includes Touch ID and even Face ID
- Can work on locked, even disabled, broken iPad screen are included
- Supports all iPads’ iOS versions, present and future
- Also removes Apple ID without password in mere minutes on activated iDevices
Below, are steps to follow when using iMyFone LockWiper to unlock a locked or disabled iPad without password.
Step 1: Open iMyFone LockWiper
Launch LockWiper, then click on “Start” to begin the process. Your iPad mini should already be connected to your PC.
Step 2: Download Firmware Package
Choose your iPad model and read the instructions provided on how to set your device to DFU mode.
Check your iPad information and click “Download” if nothing wrong.
Then select “Start to Verify”, before proceeding.
Step 3: Unlock Screen Passcode
Select “Start Unlock”, type “000000” into the box and click “Unlock” to initiate the process. Your iPad will be unlocked.
As you can see, the processes bypass the passcode when you use LockWiper.
Unlock with Apple ID If You Forgot iPad mini Passcode
Limitations: This method will only work; if you have the Apple ID and password attached to the iPad mini you are unlocking, and if you have connected your iPad to internet.
- Log-in to icloud.com using the details of the same account that is attached to your iPad mini.
- Click on the “Find iPhone” feature to continue the process.
- Select the “All Devices” option and choose your iPad model.
- To resolve the “forgot iPad passcode problem”, click on the “Erase iPad” button.
- Verify your choice and wait for some minutes for your iPad mini to be restored remotely.
Unlock with iTunes When You Forgot iPad mini Password
Limitations: The main limitation is that this technique will not work if you've not previously synchronized your device with iTunes.
The procedures are explained below:
- First, connect your iPad mini to the synchronized computer.
- Then, launch iTunes.
- Allow iTunes to sync your device and perform a backup.
- After the synchronization and backup complete, click “Restore iPad”.
- On reaching the Set-Up screen, tap Restore from iTunes backup while restoring your device.
- Choose your device in iTunes. Check for the date and size of the backups and select the appropriate one.
Unlock in Recovery Mode If You Forgot iPad mini Passcode
This method is effective for those who have never synchronized their device with iTunes.
Limitations: The process is a little bit complicated and may not be suitable for every users.
- Connect your iPad mini to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Force-restart your device - press and hold both the Home button button down simultaneously. Do not release the buttons until the recovery-mode screen is revealed.
- You will see an option to Restore or Update, Click on Restore.
- Wait for the complete process. But if it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode. You need to repeat the step 2 and 3 again until you finally make it.
So, would you go through these complicated steps? You can make your job easier by using iMyFone LockWiper!