Do you have a new iPhone and you want to transfer iMessages from your old one? There are a few ways that you can do this, and luckily they all only take a few minutes. Here are some options you can transfer iMessages to new iPhone, depending on your situation:
If You Use Same Apple ID on the Two iPhones, Sync Them!
Do your iPhones have the same Apple ID (the same account)? Then it's actually really easy to transfer the messages. All you have to do is sync them like this:
(1) Open Settings on your iPhone.
(2) Go to Messages. If iMessage is not set to the “on” position, turn it on. Underneath, it should say “Send & Recieve.” Tap on that.
(3) From here, you can select the email address and phone number of the account that you want to sync to your iPhone. When it syncs, your iMessages should be the same across you devices.
Transfer iMessages From iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes or iCloud
You can also just back up your old device to iTunes or iCloud, and after that restore the backup to your new iPhone using these applications provided by Apple. This method is free, but it is a little cumbersome, especially since you're just trying to transfer iMessages to new iPhone. Anyway, check how to Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Transfer iMessages to new iPhone by 3rd-Party Tool
If you want to skip all of the complications and just transfer your iMessages only, then you can use a third-party application to do this. The best one for this purpose is iMyFone D-Port Pro because it gives you lots of freedom over your backups. Here are some of its features:
- Make backups and store then anywhere you want, both on your computer and even on an external hard drive.
- Extract data from your backups and restore the backup data selectively.
- You can transfer just your iMessages and nothing else, so it can save you time and space.
- You don’t need a network connection to back up and restore.
- It is easy to use with multiple devices and iOS versions, even the latest iPhone and iOS 11.
How to Transfer iMessages to a New iPhone Using D-Port Pro
Here is how to transfer your iMessages to a new iPhone using D-Port Pro. It will be a two-part process where you back up your data first, and then restore your messages:
(1) Plug your old iPhone into your computer and launch D-Port Pro.
(2) Click where it says Back Up and Export From Device on the sidebar of the main screen. Click Back Up Messages.
(3) Click where it says Back Up. Don't unplug your phone until it is done backing up.
(4) Now unplug your old iPhone and plug in your new one.
(5) Click where it says Restore Backup to Device, then select the Messages backup you made according to the above steps.
(6) Click Next and iMyFone D-Port Pro will tell you what you should notify before restoring the messages backup.
(7) Click Next to scan the messages backup and preview all your messages, of course including iMessages in it. If you are sure to restore the messages, click Restore button.
(8) Wait while the process finishes and don’t unplug your device until the partial backup is restored.
As you can see, transferring your messages to new iPhone can be really easy and you have a variety of tools to choose from. If you want to transfer your messages selectively, though (and nothing else), or you don't have a network connection, then using iMyFone D-Port Pro is a good idea.