iOS bugs are harmless. However, they can crash your applications on your iPhone often. You might be a victim of iOS 11 or iOS 11.1 upgrade if your iPhone Messages Apps crashing or your iPhone rebooting. It sounds to be an annoyance as you cannot send messages or iMessages anymore. Today, we will provide you with all the fixes that you need right here.
Part1. What makes iPhone messages app crash
The iPhone messages app crash is the latest of the bugs that can freeze your iPhone as soon as you open a text message. Sadly, the bug affects any iPhone running on iOS 11. Unlike any other bug, such as the video bug, which enables the user to interact with the content, here the messenger bug crashes the iPhone without opening the text. There are two iterations of the bugs - one that will crash at once and the other that will repeatedly crash the phone.
Nonetheless, the non-threatening version of the bug requires a number and two emoji’s. A hidden VS16 character asks the combination to create a rainbow flag. Unfortunately, the iOS 11 fails to handle the request and instead crashes the iPhone.
Part 2. Fix Messages App Freezes and Crashes in iOS 11
Tip 1. Fix iPhone Messages App Crashing with iOS System Recovery
Why should you try iMyFone iOS System Recovery? It is a reliable and strong system recovery tool which can perfectly work with iOS 11 and iOS 11.1.With this program, you can fix your iPhone/iPad/iPod in one click and get it to normal.
- With 3 fix mode available (Standard Mode, Recovery mode and Advanced Mode), you can fix your devices with higher success rate.
- It helps to fix various issues, suck as iPhone stuck in recovery more, freezing iOS screen, iPhone won't turn on, white screen, etc.
- It is compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 running iOS 11.1, iOS 11, iOS 10/9/8, etc.
The following steps will show you how to fix this issue in detail. Before you start, you are required to download and launch on your computer. From the main interface, connect your iPhone to computer then select "Standard Mode" option.
Step 1. Before you start, you are required to download and launch on your computer. From the main interface, connect your iPhone to computer then select "Standard Mode" option.
Step 2. This program will prompt you to put your iPhone in Recovery mode. Click “Start” to countdown and then follow the instructions to put your device in Recovery Mode.
Step 3. When your iPhone is in Recovery or DFU mode, click “Download”and wait for the program to download firmware package.
Step 4. After downloading, click on “Start Fix”and this program will take a while to fix your device. Your device will restard in normal when the fixing process has finished.
Tip 2. Reboot Your iPhone
In many of the occasions, it is easy to fix the freezing issue of the device by resetting. Therefore, it is preferable to use this little trick before proceeding with an advanced option that will fix the messages app freezing issue on your iPhone.
- Hold the on/off button along with the home button for about 10 seconds or until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
- To switch on your iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, hold the on/off button along with the volume down key.
- To start your iPhone X, 8, and 8 Plus, quickly press and release the volume up button at first and the volume down button at next. Now hold the on/off button until the Apple logo appears.
Tip 3. Reset All Settings on Your iPhone
Resetting the device is always painful as it will delete the entire content from the device. However, if the iPhone is crashing consistently, resetting the device to the factory settings is preferable.
1. Open the Settings application on the device, and tap General.
2. In the next window, scroll down the list, and choose Reset. In the subsequent window, click Reset All Settings option.
3. The device will ask you to confirm the action. Choose Reset All Settings once again. The operating system will once again ask you to confirm, as it will restore the device to the factory settings. Click Reset All Settings option.
4. After completion, you can set up the device right from scratch.
Tip 4. Use 3-D Touch to Access Messages
If your iPhone crashes each time you wanted to access messages for a particular contact, then it is necessary to understand the underlying problem. To begin with, launch the application using 3-D touch. Hold the icon until it displays the recent contacts. From the list, choose the content that you wish to send a message and swipe a little above. Touch the reply button and continue the conversation. In such cases, the issue is with a particular contact. A better way to overcome the situation is by deleting the entire conversation belonging to that particular contact. Hopefully, it will help in fixing the iPhone messages app crashing on iOS 11.
Tip 5. Clear App Caches
If you are still in search for the solution of solving iPhone messages app crashing on your phone, then you can look forward to cleaning up the cache of iMessage. Before clearing the cache, it is preferable to create a backup. An advantage of using iOS 11 is that you can automatically delete older conversations. Additionally, you can view the attachments of a conversation along with the space consumption. Clearing the cache will help in freeing space and improve the performance of the application.
Tip 6. Force Quit Message App and Relaunch
Bring up the app switcher by clicking the Home button twice. Swipe the messages application card to force quit it. You can immediately turn off the device and restart after a few seconds. Relaunch the application and check whether it is performing as efficiently as it should.
Hopefully, a few of the steps have helped in solving the issue. Unfortunately, if you failed to resolve the issue, it is preferable to downgrade the operating system of your device from iOS 11 to 10.3.3. Do not miss How to Downgrade iOS 11 Beta 3 to iOS 10.3.3
Although bugs do exist and to some extent make it difficult at times, overcoming them is simple as mentioned using the steps above. Make sure that you fixed iPhone messages app crashing issue.