Web browsers store many information and data concerning users' browsing sessions, all in a bid to improve users' experience. With advances in machine learning and recommender systems, sites can be suggested based on your web history.
The Safari browser of iPod Touch does exactly the same thing. It stores information such as snapshots, history, cookies, caches, etc. Over time, these data piles up and become counter-productive for the iPod Touch. Hence, it is necessary to clear the Safari history regularly.
How to clear safari history on iPod touch? There are two ways to clear history Safari iPod Touch. You can either clean it from the Safari browser itself, or clear it from the settings application that comes with the iPod Touch.
Part 1 Clear History iPod Touch Safari on the Device
1 Clear History iPod Touch within Safari
Follow the steps below to clear history iPod Touch within Safari.
- From Safari, click the bookmark icon which is at the bottom right corner.
- Then choose History and select “Clear” at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- From the prompt, select the period you want to clear from, “The last hour”, “Today”, “Today and Yesterday” or “All time”.
2 Clear History iPod Touch from Settings
Web history from Safari can be cleared by simply going to the Settings app that comes with your iPod Touch.
- Go to Settings > Safari.
- Scroll down and hit Clear History and Website Data.
- Then click Clear History and Data to confirm. All the history, cookies, and other browsing data will be removed.
However, it is still possible for the history to be recovered when clearing history iPod Touch within Safari or from Settings. Therefore, these methods may not be suitable for those users who concern much about the privacy issue.
Part 2 Permanently Clear History iPod Touch Safari
For those users who concern much about privacy issue, especially involving in business activities, it is necessary to delete the private Safari history without any chance of recovery. However, permanently clearing history iPod Touch Safari cannot be done on the iPod Touch itself since there is no option in iPod Touch that can overwrite Safari history.
Luckily, iMyfone iOS Eraser or iMyfone iOS Eraser for Mac has the option for that. The key feature of it is privacy protection by completely erasing private data without any chance of recovery. Especially for Safari history, not only the existing history can be erased, but also the previously deleted history can be found and erased completely.
- All iOS files are supported, especially some private files, message, Safari history, Safari cookies, call history, photos, etc.
- Erase all contents and settings from iOS deivce and make it as a new one, which is necessary for users who want to sell their devices.
- Completely erase the existing private data.
- Find out and permanently erase the previously deleted data.
- 1-click to clean up huge space on your iOS device.
Steps to Permanently Clear History iPod Touch Safari
Using the iMyfone iOS Eraser is very easy and straightforward as listed below.
Step 1: Download and install iMyfone iOS Eraser to your PC. Launch it and connect your iPod Touch to your PC with USB cable.
Step 2: Go to Erase Private Data tab and hit Scan button (go to Erase Deleted Files if you want to erase deleted history). When it finishes, it will show you the result of private data on your device. Choose Safari History and you can preview first.
Step 3: Click Erase Now at the bottom right corner and then type “delete” into the box to confirm.
Do Not Track (DNT)
This option prevents Safari from tracking your web sessions. Here’s how to do that on your iPhone.
- From Settings, locate the “Safari” icon and select it.
- Scroll down to the “Privacy and Security” section and toggle the “Do Not Track” option to on.
Private Browsing Mode
When you browse incognito, your browser stores no information about your browsing session, which means no cookies, no history and no caches. You can turn on private (incognito) browsing mode on the Safari app.
- Launch Safari app and hit the two squares tab at the bottom right corner.
- Click on Private tab and hit Done at the bottom. The private mode is activated after that.