Every social media app on iPhone will always keep track of your data or what you have searched and that includes Instagram. In fact, Instagram will keep records of your hash tags you have searched and other search history and this forms the basis of caches on your iPhone.
The truth remains that these caches are harmful because they eat up a lot of space, causing your iPhone to become sluggish. This is the reason why it is important to clear Instagram caches on iPhone, as it helps save a lot of space on your device and ensure your device perform optimally.
3 Best Way to Clear Instagram Cache on iPhone
Quick Way to Clear iPhone Instagram Cache
There is a quick way to clear these caches on your iPhone, that is uninstalling and re-installing Instagram on your iPhone.
This is a simple process, perhaps a lazy man’s way of solving the problem, but the truth is that it comes with so many disadvantages on the long run which is not sustainable. There are better ways to clear Instagram caches on your iPhone for free.
One of the reasons that you should be paying attention to this is quite simple – iPhones need to be kept clear of caching. When caching is allowing to take place over a long period of time, apps build up a massive backlog that is going to:
- Hamper performance and majorly reduce the output of your iPhone.
- Increase the chances of crashes and for sluggishness to continue.
- Reduce performance further as other apps will be unable to run at full capacity.
With that in mind, then, surely you can see why change is so necessary?
Free Way to Clear All iPhone App Caches (Instagram Cache Included)
The best way to do this is by using the ever reliable iMyFone iPhone Eraser or iMyFone iPhone Eraser for Mac. It is equipped with some erase modes that can help you clear all App caches on iPhone for free.
- 1-Click Cleanup: It is the mode you can use to clear junk files on your iPhone, such files include app caches/cookies/temp files/crash logs, downloaded temp files, user storage files and corrupted files. Instagram cache is inclusive. It is for free trial.
- Completely Erase Instagram Fragments: It can be used to help permanently get rid of third-party apps private features, Instagram included. Using this, you can easily make sure that you get rid of the data fragments to protect your private data from any leak.
- Trusted by thousands of users (every year) and reported by well-known media around the world
How to Completely Clear Instagram Caches
Step 1: Run the program and connect your iPhone.
Step 2: Select the “1-Click Free Up Space” mode, then click on “Quick Scan” button.
Step 3: After scan finished, click on “Clean” to clear junk files and temporary files on your iPhone. And all App caches, including Instagram Caches, will be removed.
Note: If you want to completely erase fragments of files on Instagram, you can choose the "Erase Private Fragments" from the left-side menu.
Built-in Way to Clear Instagram Search History on iPhone
Though there is no built-in function to clean Instagram cache on iPhone, you can manually clear Instagram search history, which will delete cache of Instagram history. There are 2 ways to make it.
(1) Clear Instagram Search History from Settings
Step 1: Launch Instagram app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Click on the Profile icon at the bottom.
Step 3: Now click on Settings icon at the top right corner.
Step 4: Find the "Clear Search History" and click on it.
Step 5: Tap "Yes, I'm sure" to confirm.
All your Instagram search history on your iPhone will be deleted.
(2) Clear Instagram Search History from Search Page
Step 1: Open Instagram on your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap on Search icon at the bottom.
Step 3: Tap on the Search bar and all the recent search histories will be listed under.
Step 4: Hit "Clear" button beside "SEARCH HISTORY". And all the histories will be removed.
iMyFone iPhone Eraser Does More to Save Space & Protect Privacy
If want to sell your old iPhone, send it to repair, or give it to others, then one good thing about the iMyFone iPhone Eraser is its ability to permanently erase data.
The advantages is that the erase data cannot be recovered again by any data recovery software, while data deleted in normal ways can be easily recovered. By doing this, your personal information and privacy is protected even if you end up selling the device or giving it away.
- Completely Delete iPhone Private Data, No Chance of Recovery
- Erase deleted Data: One of the most important things to remember is that even when data is deleted, it’s still not “gone” so to speak. With this, you can easily make the adjustments that you need to erase data permanently – getting rid of all traces of data stored in tools such as WeChat chat histories, messages, call logs, voice memo, etc.
- Erase Private Files: This mode is suitable for your existing private data on iPhone. It offers capability of permanently erasing your current private information on your iPhone and ensuring that they are 100% unrecoverable. WhatsApp and WeChat data are inclusive.
- Erase All Data: It can completely erase all your personal data on iPhone. It is necessary especially when you want to give your iPhone away or send it to repair.
To permanently delete your private data, it just needs a few steps to make it:
- Launch iMyFone Umate Pro and connect your iPhone to it.
- Choose the erase mode, like “Erase Private Fragments" and hit "Scan" button.
- Check the apps fragments to be erased and then type "delete" into the box to confirm.
That's it. I suggest you can freely scan how much deleted iPhone data and fragments of your third-party apps to see. There should be lots of them.