You can also read this guide in Français.
Every social media app on iPhone will always keep track of your data or what you have searched and that includes Instagram. In fact, Instagram will keep records of your hash tags you have searched and other search history and this forms the basis of caches on your iPhone.
The truth remains that these caches are harmful because they eat up a lot of space, causing your iPhone to become sluggish. This is the reason why it is important to clear Instagram caches on iPhone, as it helps save a lot of space on your device and ensure your device perform optimally.
Part 1. Check How Much Space Instaram Is Using
It’s very simple to see how much space your Instagram is taking up on your device.
Step 1. Open the Settings app.
Step 2. Go to General > Usage (wait until all the sizes of the apps load)
Step 3. The total storage used by Instagram will be listed.
Part 2. Free & Best Way to Clear iPhone Instagram Cache
The best way to do this is by using the ever reliable iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser or iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser for Mac. It helps you clear hidden caches of all App (iPhone Instagram caches included) on iPhone for free.
- 1-Click Cleanup: You can use this mode to clear junk files on your iPhone, app caches/cookies/temp files/crash logs, downloaded temp files, user storage files and corrupted files. Instagram cache is inclusive. It is for free trial.
- Completely Erase Instagram Fragments: This mode erases the incomplete leftover of Third-Party Apps, like Snapchat, Instagram, FaceBook, Skype, Line etc.
- Erase deleted Data: Even when data is deleted, it’s still not “gone” and can be easily recovered, making the adjustments that you need to permanently erase private data – messages, call logs, photos, videos, contacts, WhatsApp/WeChat/Kik/Viber data, etc.
- Erase Private Files: Completely erase iPhone Private Data, No Chance of Recovery
- Erase All Data: It is necessary especially when you want to give your iPhone away or send it to repair.
How to Completely Clear Instagram Caches
Step 1: Run the program and connect your iPhone.
Step 2: Select the “1-Click Free Up Space” mode, then click on “Quick Scan” button.
Step 3: After scan finished, click on “Clean” to clear junk files and temporary files on your iPhone. And all App caches, including Instagram Caches, will be removed.
Note: If you want to completely erase fragments of files on Instagram, you can choose the "Erase Private Fragments" from the left-side menu.
Part 3. Quick Way to Clear iPhone Instagram Cache
There is a quick way to clear these caches on your iPhone, that is uninstalling and re-installing Instagram on your iPhone.
This is a simple process, perhaps a lazy man’s way of solving the problem, but the truth is that it comes with so many disadvantages on the long run which is not sustainable. There are better ways to clear Instagram caches on your iPhone for free.
Part 4. Built-in Way to Clear Instagram Search History on iPhone
Though there is no built-in function to clean Instagram cache on iPhone, you can manually clear Instagram search history, which will delete cache of Instagram history. There are 2 ways to make it.
(1) Clear Instagram Search History from Settings
Step 1: Launch Instagram app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Click on the Profile icon at the bottom.
Step 3: Now click on Settings icon at the top right corner.
Step 4: Find the "Clear Search History" and click on it.
Step 5: Tap "Yes, I'm sure" to confirm.
All your Instagram search history on your iPhone will be deleted.
(2) Clear Instagram Search History from Search Page
Step 1: Open Instagram on your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap on Search icon at the bottom.
Step 3: Tap on the Search bar and all the recent search histories will be listed under.
Step 4: Hit "Clear" button beside "SEARCH HISTORY". And all the histories will be removed.
Part 5. Bonus Tips about Saving Space & Protecting Privacy
If want to sell your old iPhone, send it to repair, or give it to others, then one good thing about the iMyFone iPhone Eraser is its ability to permanently erase data.
The advantages is that the erased data cannot be recovered again by any data recovery software, while data deleted in normal ways can be easily recovered. By doing this, your personal information and privacy is protected even if you end up selling the device or giving it away.
I suggest you can freely scan how much deleted iPhone files or fragments of your third-party apps to see. There should be lots of them.