When browsing with iPad, Safari bookmarks can help a lot indeed to save favorite URLs, frequently visited websites, following blog spots, and all others. Nevertheless, if you have been bookmarking pages for a long time, then you should definitely learn how to manage them as well. And, some of the users reported that they want to hide bookmark bar when in landscape mode. There are ways to get rid of bookmarks on iPad, whether it's an individual or the sidebar. This article will teach you the ways on how to remove bookmarks on iPad and how to hide bookmark bar.
Part 1. How to Get Rid of Bookmark Sidebar on iPad
"On the Safari screen there is a sidebar with Bookmarks, reading list and history. How do I eliminate or narrow down the sidebar?" -- Most people get fed up with the Safari bookmark and always ask how it can be removed. In fact, it is important especially if you would like your browser to run clean and lean. It is easy to close bookmarks on iPad from hanging under the address bar because having a whole lot extra toolbar of your bookmark gets things cluttered easily. It just requires the following few steps:
- Tap the book icon at the top left to turn it on and off.
- This is just simple and alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut to hide the bookmarks bar by just pressing command + Shift + B on your keyboard.
Part 2. How to Delete Bookmark From an iPad's Bookmark Bar
If you are just wondering how to delete bookmarks on iPad to manage them well, then you can do it on iPad without hassle by following few simple steps. Read more to get it!
1. How to Remove an Individual Bookmark Directly in iPad Safari
It is possible to individually delete a bookmark on your iPad/iPhone and it does not really require additional applications or tools but few clicks. It is important to note that this way can only achieve a temporary delete because the deleted Safari data can be recovered with iCloud. While there is also an opportunity for a permanent deletion, which you can find on the way 2. Now follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Open your iPad safari browser.
- Step 2: At the top, you will find a book like item, this is the bookmark, tap on the button.
- Step 3: Tap the Edit button on the top right corner.
- Step 4: You will see a minus sign that appears to each of the saved bookmarks. Just tap on those Minus signs and click “Done” for every bookmark in safari you want to delete.
2. How to Permanently Erase iPad Safari Bookmarks, Search Histories and Cookies
If you want to give your iPad to a friend or family member, you may need to clean some sensitive info for private security. This includes deleting of saved bookmarks on the gadget. Additionally, for privacy, security and low memory issues, erasing bookmarks as well as the Safari search histories and cookies on your iPad will certainly help most. How do I get rid of bookmark on iPad completely? Read below.
To remove bookmarks on iPad, you can easily erase them using the ever reliable iMyFone Umate Pro - Safari data eraser tool. It is a tool to manage iPhone/iPad data especially the private data. You can choose the unwnated Safari data being erasd from your iPad, so you don't have the need to worry about these kind of private data before selling or giving away.
It is important to note that the Umate Pro is a better option because it offers many advantages when compared to all other alternatives. The following are the reasons:
- The Umate Pro does not just clear Safari bookmarks but also clear Safari history, Safari caches and even Safari cookies.
- Your data is permanently deleted and nobody can recover or view your private data.
- It erases data in such a simple way. all you need to do is just few cllicks.
- Other wonderful features provided to manage your iPad/iPhone data better.
The following are the steps required to delete iPad Safari bookmarks via Umate Pro.
- Step 1: Run the program and connect your iPad device to it.
- Step 2: Select the “Erase All Data” mode.
- Step 3: Click on “Erase Now” to erase your safari bookmarks permanently.
By reading here, we have learned how to get rid of bookmarks on iPad as well as the way to close the Safari sidebar on iPad. The steps for both are pretty easy to operate for everyone. Deleting Safari bookmarks is a good option to protect your private data, but don't forget that Safari browsing histories and cookies can also bring a lot of your personal data. It's better for you to use a tool like iMyFone Umate Pro to erase them permanently without any risk. If you have any discoveries or suggestions, please feel free to share with us in the following comments section.