It’s possible that you forgot your password to unlock your iPad if you change the password often. What’s worse, your iPad will be disabled if you try the wrong password for several times. In general, the way to unlock iPad passcode is using iTunes to restore iPad. But what if you really need to unlock iPad without restore as you don’t want to lose any data?
Is It Possible to Unlock iPad Password without Restoring?
Unfortunately, there is no official method for unlocking iPad passcode without restoring. Restoring iPhone is the only way to get into a locked iPad.
However, you can back up your iPad data before you restore the locked iPad. It will prevent you from losing any iPad data.
Steps to Back Up Locked iPad in iTunes:
Note: You should use the iTunes which your iPad synced with before. Or you can’t backup your locked iPad without password.
- Launch iTunes on computer and connect your iPad with a lightning cable.
- After iTunes has detected your iPad, click on the device icon at the top left corner.
- Click “Back Up Now” in the right panel.
Of course, this method won’t fix the problem that you’re having but rather it will preserve your personal data.
How to Unlock iPad Passcode - The Complete Guide
1 Unlock iPad without iTunes
If you forgot the passcode to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you may want to know how to deal with it. We are happy to inform you that unlock without passcode is achievable with an iOS device unlocking tool called iMyFone LockWiper.
iMyFone LockWiper is the first tool of its kind that can unlock iPad passcode without restore. Its unlocking feature can be used on Apple iPad and iPhone, and any version of iOS up to iOS 11. Therefore, if your iPad is disabled, you can unlock it easily, safely and simply using iMyFone LockWiper.
LockWiper Unlock iPad without Passcode
- You can unlock an iPad without passcode using iMyFone LockWiper.
- LockWiper can unlock 4-digit, 6-digit passcode, Touch ID, and Face ID locked iPads/iPhone.
- LockWiper is compatible with the latest versions of iOS and latest models of iPad.
- LockWiper efficiently unlocks locked, disabled, and broken screen iPad.
Steps to Unlock iPad Passcode without Restore
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone LockWiper. Launch it. On the main interface, click “Start”.
Step 2: Connect your iPad to your computer using Apples original lightning cable.
Step 3: Follow the guides on the interface to boot your iPad in DFU mode.
Step 4: When your iPad is recognized in DFU Mode, you can confirm your iPad device information and continue to download the firmware package.
Step 5: After that, click the “Start to Verify” tab to verify the iPad firmware.
Step 6: At last, just click “Start Unlock” to start unlocking your iPad.
Step 7: You need to enter “000000” to double confirm you are agreeing to unlock your device.
Step 8: LockWiper will unlock your iPad as soon as possible. Just keep your iPad connect to your PC and wait till it finish.
2 Unlock iPad Using iTunes
If your iPad synced to your iTunes before, then you can use this method. Or, you need to restore your iPad in recovery mode.
- Launch iTunes (which your iPad synced with before) and connect your iPad using a USB cable.
- After it has been detected, click on the device icon on iTunes and you will be in “Summary” window.
- Click on “Restore iPad” in the right panel and follow the steps shown on-screen. Then just wait for it to finish.
3 Unlock iPad through iCloud
Another option that you can consider is using iCloud to remove and unlock your iPad passcode. This way is available only when “Find My iPad” is enabled on your locked iPad.
- Go to the iCloud page on computer and sign into your Apple account.
- From the iCloud menu, click on “Find iPhone”.
- Once the “Find My iPhone” web app has loaded, click on “All Devices” and select your iPad from the list of connected devices.
- From the menu at the top-right, click on “Erase iPhone”.
- Type your iCloud passcode and the device will be remotely erased and afterwards.
4 Restore Locked iPad with Recovery Mode
If you never synced your iPad with iTunes, or if “Find My iPad” is off, then try this way.
1. Connect your iPad to computer to open iTunes.
2. While connecting, force restart your iPad:
- For iPhone X or iPhone 8 (8 Plus), press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- For iPhone 7 (7 Plus), hold the Side and Volume Down buttons together until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad or iPod touch, hold the Home and Sleep/Wake button together until you see the recovery-mode screen.
3. On computer, you will see a window pop up, choose Restore on it.
4. iTunes will download the latest iOS to your iPad. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPad will exist recovery mode. Then you need to repeat steps 2 and 3.