Assuming you are the type of person who loves keeping a backup of your files for future usage. Assuming you are the kind of person that changes from one iOS device to the other within some period of time and you want to keep viewing your messages so as to continue from where you stopped. Well, iCloud is a service that can help you achieve that. In case you are wondering if iCloud doesn’t take a backup of your text messages, the answer is “YES IT DOES”.
So What Does “Backup” Mean?
When one signs up for iCloud, 5GB of cloud storage is given to that person automatically by default. This storage can be used to store:
- iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages (requires the Sim that was in use during backup)
- Purchase record for music, movies, television set shows, apps, and literature
- Device adjustments
- Application data
- Home screen and iPhone application organization
- Visual Voicemail pass word (requires the SIM greeting card that was in use during backup)
- HomeKit settings
- Photos and videos on your iOS devices
- Health data
How to View Text Messages on iCloud (iOS 10 Included)
iCloud can help you keep a backup of your data in case you have lost it for the sole purpose of file recovery. But the bad thing is that you are unable to access text messages through iCloud.com or iCloud control panel.So a iCloud data extractor will be helpful for accessing text messages which are stored in iCloud. iMyfone D-Back iCloud data extractor or iCloud data extractor for Mac is an useful iPhone data extractor software to retrieve data from your iPhone or iPhone backup and recover lost data under various challenging circumstances.
- It supports over 22+ different file extensions such as text message, videos, photos, contacts etc making it easy for you extract files from iPhone, iTunes backup and iCloud backup.
- Support extracting iCloud backup made on iPhone 7/6s/6/5s/5c/5/4s/4 running iOS 10/9/8/7.
- Allows you to see the extractable files before you performing extraction.
Steps To View Text Messages on iCloud
For this purpose, we are going to make use of the “Recover from iCloud Backup” option on the iMyfone D-Back software. It’s as simple as ABC…read on!
1 Launch iMyfone D-Back and lick on the “Recover from iCloud Backup” tab on the left side of the software.
2 A list of supported file types that can be retrieved/extracted will pop up of which “Message” will be one of them. Click on it, then click next.
3 You may need to login your iCloud account to download your iCloud backup to the local computer. Click next, then scan and wait for it to load scan for the messages. It might take some time, depending on the number of messages you have in your backup.
4 Use the checkbox to select the message(s) you want to view or extract. iMyfone D-Back has also made it easy to filter the messages you are interested in from the general list of messages by allowing you to preview each message upon clicking on it. When you are done selecting the messages you want to retrieve, click on the “Recover” button at the bottom right corner of the screen and wait for it to do it’s thing.