I was able to do a backup of the phone using iTunes, but how do I see and access the contacts? Do I need to import them into anywhere? Is there a better way to download contacts from iPhone to computer?
User question in StackExchange
I'm really sorry if someone have already discussed that problem before. Unfortunately my computer just crashed and I have lost all my data. I still have my contacts on iPhone and I was wondering whether it is possible to download all my contacts from my iPhone to the computer...Please help me.
User question in How-To Geek
Just like the two questions I saw in some Apple forums and Q & A websites, most of iPhone know their contacts is not so safe if they only keep them in their iPhone memory. But how to download contacts from iPhone, especially download them according to users’ need? Here the article will offer two different ways to partially or all download iPhone contacts easily.
Way 1. Partially Download iPhone Contacts
iPhone owns a good feature to share a contact either via SMS, email, or AirDrop. And if you want to download the contact, you can operate following the steps below.
- Go to Contacts app on your iPhone, and tap on the contact you need to download.
- Scroll down and choose Share Contact. You will find the Message and Mail icon. For our purpose of downloading, you need to tap on Mail.
- Send the contact to your email account and log in your email on computer to download iPhone contacts in attachment.
This way is totally free and understandable. But the downside is that you can only download one contact once. If you have too many contacts to download, the way will be pretty time-wasting. And that’s why we still offer the second way.
Way 2. Download All iPhone Contacts to PC/Mac
And you can use iMyfone D-Back iPhone Contacts Downloader for Mac and iMyfone D-Back iPhone Contacts Downloader for Windows to download all your iPhone contacts onto your Mac and PC.
As one excellent iOS data downloader, iMyfone D-Back shines with the following functions.
- Download 20+ types of data, such as photos, videos, messages and more.
- Not only support iPhone data downloading, also available for iPad/iPod Touch.
- Selectively download – you can download all or just group of your contacts.
- Preview contacts before downloading to guarantee you get what you need.
- Easy steps to complete the whole downloading process.
How to Download Contacts from iPhone to Mac/PC
Step 1 Connect iPhone & Choose Contact to scan
Connect your iPhone with computer and open iMyfone D-Back. From Recover from iOS Device tab, check Contact and scan your iPhone.
Step 2 Preview and Confirm Your Contacts
After a few minutes’ scanning, iMyfone D-Back can find all the contacts on your iPhone, even those deleted ones. You can preview them and check all or group of them for downloading.
Step 3 Download and Store Your Contacts
Click Recover on the preview interface and iMyfone D-Back will ask you to choose one folder to store the download contacts. And after that, you can access your iPhone contacts on your Mac/PC.
And now, you get two ways on how to download contacts from iPhone to PC. The first way is totally free and iMyfone D-Back for Mac/iMyfone D-Back for Windows offer the free trial version, too. You can try both of them to find the best for your situation.
And any suggestion & advice about how to download contacts from iPhone, please leave a comment.