Did you open your Notes app only to find it completely devoid of all your notes after iOS 11 update? You know you didn't delete them. In fact, there was an important note you want and now it's not there. Believe it or not, this happens quite a lot to a lot of people for varied reasons. Regardless of how or why you lost your notes, you have the chance to get them back. This article offers a few solutions to get your notes back. Read on to find out how to find the missing Notes after upgrading to iOS 11.
1 Find Disappeared iPhone Notes Via Your Email Settings
You can recover the missing notes via email settings. I know that it sounds a little strange but trust me, this works. A lot of times, users unknowingly sync their notes off with their existing Gmail accounts and when the Notes toggle setting is Switched OFF, the notes disappear.
- Go to Setting > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > Gmail.
- Toggle Notes off. Notes have to be toggled off in settings to check if there is the notes folder in mail.
- Go to all of your Gmail accounts and check if the notes are there.
2 Recover Disappeared iPhone Notes via iTunes Backup
If you're like me and you often back up you iPhone notes to your iTunes then there is always a very easy way to recover those notes from iTunes. Just follow the instructions carefully.
- Open your iTune sand click the iPhone icon.
- Select the iTunes backup file that contains the deleted Notes and click "Restore Backup".
- The only problem with using this method is that all the current media files that were not included in the backup will be overwritten when you restore the backup and probably lost permanently.
3 Recover Disappeared iPhone Notes Via iCloud Backup
If you have already synced ON your iCloud back up option from the iCloud settings, then iCloud automatically creates a backup after each day. However, there are certain requirements and steps that you need to follow according to Apple Inc. Follow the steps carefully:
- Make sure you have made a recent backup to restore from. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then choose a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.
- Then go to Settings > General > Reset and choose "Erase all content and settings."
- From the Apps & Data screen, choose Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
- Choose the iCloud backup file that contains the missing notes.
- Like restoring from an iTunes backup file, this method may also result in permanent data loss.
Know more about restoring your iOS device from a backup>>.
4 Recover Disappeared iPhone Notes using iMyFone D-Back
iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Mac is a professional iPhone data recovery software. It supports recovering lost data such as contacts, photos, videos, notes, text messages, WhatsApp messages from iPhone or extract lost data from your iTunes backup or iCloud backup. This software lets you preview data before recovery and recover the data selectively. Now you can also try "Fix iOS System" function to fix your system to normal from some issues such as "Stuck at Apple logo", "Recovery mode loops" etc.
iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery now is compatible with the new iOS 11!
Step 1: Before start, you may need to download and install the software on your Windows or Mac computer.
Step 2: It has four very unique and distinct recovery modes from which you can choose from. Smart recovery mode can help you scan and search your notes with ease and ensures that you recover them easily. The other three modes are iTunes backup, iCloud Backup and iOS Device backup mode.
Step 3: Once you have selected a recovery mode, choose the file type to recover. In this case "Note."
Step 4: Connect your device to the computer or select the files you want to recover from iPhone or the backup file and click "Recover".
Step 5: Preview the notes on the results page and select the ones you want to recover. Choose a location to save the recovered Notes.
5 Recover the Missing Notes using Settings
If you haven't found your Notes yet, you can try looking for the from the Settings app. Here's how to do it.
Step 1: Go to Settings and then select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
Step 2: Here, tap on every email account and make sure that "Notes" is turned on for each.
If you had removed an email account from your iPhone recently, add it again and turn on "Notes" after set up.
Step 3: Now go back to the Notes app and tap on the yellow arrow to see if they are back.