Q: “I did NOTHING unusual today. Went to work, lunch time, got my phone out. Wanted to check some notes. Opened the app and..........ALL NOTES ARE GONE.”
It doesn’t matter if you lost your notes by accident or due to some sort of technical glitch; once lost the notes may become irreversibly lost. However, don’t lose faith, as I’ll describe the 4 best ways that you can follow to get your disappeared notes back in your iPhone. The steps involved are plain and simple and nothing too complicated as well.
1 Find Disappeared iPhone Notes Via Your Email Settings
You can recover your disappeared noted via your email settings. I know that it sounds a little strange but trust me, this works. A lot of times, users unknowingly sync their notes off with their existing Gmail accounts and when the Notes toggle setting is Switched OFF, the notes disappear.
- Go to Setting > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > Gmail.
- Toggle Notes off. Notes have to be toggled off in settings to check if there is the notes folder in mail.
- Go to all of your Gmail accounts and check if the notes are there.
2 Recover Disappeared iPhone Notes via iTunes Backup
If you’re like me and you often back up you iPhone notes to your iTunes then there is always a very easy way to recover those notes from iTunes. Just follow the instructions carefully.
- Open your iTune sand click the iPhone icon.
- Figure out the backup that has your deleted notes. Select the right backup and click “Restore Backup ”.
- However, there is one small disadvantage with this method and that is your current media files will be overwritten by the downloaded notes and thus all of your current music or videos will probably get deleted permanently.
3 Recover Disappeared iPhone Notes via iCloud Backup
If you have already synced ON your iCloud back up option from the iCloud settings, then iCloud automatically creates a backup after each day. However, there are certain requirements and steps that you need to follow according to Apple Inc. Follow the steps carefully:
- Make sure you have made a recent backup to restore from. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then choose a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.
- Then go to Settings > General > Reset and choose“Erase all content and settings.”
- From the Apps & Data screen, choose Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
- Choose the backup file that may include the disappeaded iPhone you want from a list of available backups in iCloud.
- Much like iTunes backup recovery, there is a risk of overwriting in this procedure too.
4 Recover Disappeared iPhone Notes Using iMyfone D-Back
iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Mac is a professional iPhone data recovery software. You can recover lost data such as contacts, photos, videos, notes, messages from iPhone or extract lost data from your previous iPhone backup. This software let you preview data before recovery and recover the data selectively. Now you can also try "Fix iOS System" function to fix your system to normal from some issues such as "Stuck at Apple logo", "Recovery mode loops" etc. Before start you may need to download and install the software on your Windows or Mac computer.
iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery now is compatible with the new iOS 10 and iPhone 7!
Step 1: It has four very unique and distinct recovery modes from which you can choose from. Smart recovery mode can help you scan and search your notes with ease and ensures that you recover them easily. The other three modes are iTunes backup, iCloud Backup and iOS Device backup mode.
Step 2: After selecting one of the aforementioned mode, the user has to select the files from the wonderful display screen that appears to display all the files.
Step 3: Connect your device to computer or select the files you want to recover from iPhone or the backup file and click “Recover”.
Step 4: Prview and recover the disappeared notes. Then show the correct download location and wait for the procedure to complete.
In this last method, there is no risk of data overwriting as well. This method ensures that every single iPhone notes disappeared from your iPhone is safely returned back to your phone with ease. Besides notes, the iMyfone D-Back recovery can also recover contacts, media and messages too. So, if you’re ever worried that you may have lost all of your information, don’t be. The iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Mac has got your covered at all times.