Private Photo Vault is a sophisticated app that was introduced back in 2011. Over the past period, they updated this app several times in order to match the advanced requirements of users. In simplest terms, private Photo Vault is a virtual safe that protects the privacy of your pictures and videos stored in your iOS device. This app allows you to apply a password an protect the photos and videos so nobody can open them.
“How do I recover deleted photos from photo vault app in iPhone when there is no backup?” is a question asked by some iPhone users. It is often asked in the event of an accidental deletion of a photo. The purpose of this article is to explain if Photo Vault recovery is possible and how to make it.
If you have tried, you would understand that it is pretty difficult to recover deleted photos from Photo Vault app. However, the free methods we have mentioned in this article will help you recover deleted photos from your iPhone. All these methods are super easy so even a novice user can use them even if you are not an IT expert. In addition to that, this article will introduce a professional tool for the purpose of iPhone data recovery. You can consider using the free version of this reliable tool and see if it serves your purpose. Now, let’s go through the methods and find out what’s best for you.
Part 1: Photo Vault Recovery on iPhone X/8 (plus)/7/6 (plus)/5
We use iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery software to perform a Photo Vault app recovery here. This is regarded as the most reliable and effective way to perform a photo vault recovery by using a dedicated software like iMyFone D-Back. First, let’s take a look at the main features associated with this tool.
- This tool can recover data from devices like iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- It can recover data from backups made by iTunes, iCloud.
- It can recover data like WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, Photos, Messages, Videos, WeChat and more.
- It works with all the iOS versions and iOS devices including the latest ones like iOS 12/11, iPhone X/8.
Steps to Perform Photo Vault Recovery on iPhone
- As the first step, you should download and install the iMyFone iPhone Data Recovery software on the computer. Then, launch the program. Start from “Recover from iOS Device” and click on Start.
- Then, connect the device (on which you wish to perform a Photo Vault recovery). The program will start to detect the device. Just click Next once the program is detected.
- You should now select the files you need to recover. Since you are trying to recover deleted photos, you should select the photos accordingly. Then, you should click on Scan option. The program will start to search the deleted data from the device.
- You can now preview the data before recovering them. Once the scan is finished, the program will display all the data that are recoverable. This preview option helps you recovering the exact files you need. Click on each tab and observe the files you need. If not, you can simply go to the option called “Show only the deleted files” if you are trying to recover a deleted file. After deciding the type of the file, you can click on the option called “Recover”.
If a specific photo, multiple photos or an entire album are deleted, you cannot view them through Photo Vault app on your iOS device. Instead, you will have to rely on a backup you have created earlier. Thankfully, Apple offers two options for iOS device users to try upon losing files - iTunes backup and iCloud backup.
Both of these options can create backups of existing data and more importantly, they can even help you back up the deleted data sometimes. However, you cannot access and view the related data before restoring the backups created by iClouds and iTunes. This is why you need a professionally designed, dedicated tool to recover your valuable data. With D-Back, you can view the existing data and deleted data stored in your iTunes and iCloud backup.
How to Perform Photo Vault Recovery from iTunes Backup
Now, let’s see how to do a Photo Vault recovery from iTunes backup by using iMyFone D-Back.
- Hit on the Start button located in the “Recover From iTunes Backup” tab.
- Then, you will have to select the iTunes backup you need to recover. Then, select Next. You have to enter the password if you have encrypted the backup earlier.
- Choose the photo data type here and select “Scan”. You should wait until the scanning is completed.
- After the scanning is done, you are able to preview the recoverable data. The search result will be displayed, so you can browse them to select what you need only. Then, you should go for “Recover” option.
How to Perform Photo Vault Recovery from iCloud Backup
Now, let’s see how to make a Photo Vault recovery from iCloud backup.
- Select the “Start” button that is located at the tab called “Recover from iCloud Backup”.
- Use your credentials and log into the iCloud account to download the iCloud backup. You will have to provide your iCloud details into this folder.
- The program will automatically detect the iCloud backup files. Select the iCloud backup you need and hit Next.
- Now, select the file that needs to be recovered and hit Scan so that iMyFone D-Back will do the rest.
- At the completion of the scan, you can preview the files. Look at the previewed results and decide the file you should recover and hit “Recover”.
Differences between This Tool and iTunes/iCloud
- iMyFone D-Back doesn’t overwrite existing data; while restoring iTunes or iCloud will erase all your current data;
- iMyFone D-Back allows you to view iTunes and iCloud backup content which iTunes and iCloud do not allow it.
Note: You can preview the recoverable data before make a decision to purchase.
Part 2: Tips & Tricks for Photo Vault App on iPhone
1How can I recover my password for photo vault app?
You can recover the password of your Photo Vault app using the recovery email address (and using the forgotten password option).
2I need to reset my iPhone, so how can I restore my photos?
You can restore the photos through the last backup you created. You can use tools like iTunes or iCloud to restore these backups. If you want a selective restore iTunes/iCloud backup, you can choose iMyFone iTransor.
3Will others can be able to see my photos within photo vault app?
Photo Vault doesn’t share any of your photos with anyone. It is just a way of locking your existing photos. In other words, Photo Vault app locks the images in your phone without moving them anywhere.
We recommend you to try the free version of iMyFone D-Back and try to perform a Photo Vault recovery iPhone even it is not easy. We strongly encourage you to create regular backups of your iOS devices in order to minimize the potential for data losses. We will appreciate it if you can share your ideas with us by leaving a comment below.