"Hi there, this is Sam, I accidentally deleted my Viber messages from my iPhone and those messages were quite important. Actually, I regularly clear my chats to remove the unnecessary junk but this time in haste, I accidentally removed my important messages too. Is there any way around to get my Viber messages back into my iPhone? Please suggest. Any help is greatly appreciated."
Thank you for reaching out, Sam. We can understand your situation and do not worry about the messages, if you already have a backup of them on your iTunes or iCloud you can easily get them back. Or, just in case you do not have a backup of it, not to worry your messages can still be recovered. Read the post which is specifically tailored to guide you through the ways with which you can get your Viber messages back.
Note: These tips also work for iOS 11.2.1/11.3/11.4/12/13.
- 1. Can You Restore Deleted Viber Messages without iPhone Backup?
- 2. Recover Viber Messages on iPhone without Backup(video)
- 3. Restore Deleted Viber Messages from Backup
1. Can You Restore Deleted Viber Messages without iPhone Backup?
Yes, of course. Be it Viber messages, Whatsapp messages, photos, or video, most of the data that is stored on your iPhone can be recovered even after deletion. You need to know that the recovery possibility of your deleted data is different in different situations. Yes, we'll discuss this in the latter part of this section but now let's first understand how the deleted data can be recovered?
Whenever you save any sort of data on your iPhone, it is directly stored on to the SQLite database. Some data may be stored on the server. Now if somehow your data gets deleted or you have intentionally deleted the data, it is not immediately deleted from your iPhone. Instead, the space consumed by your deleted data is marked as "Free" or "Available", and the data is set into the hidden state. It is when a data recovery tool is required. The data recovery tool looks out for such hidden data and set them from hidden to visible. Thereby, you can recover your deleted data.
Now, if you've recently experienced data loss and you're still using your iPhone, then the chances are that your deleted data may have got overwritten with the new one. If this happens, then the deleted data is next to impossible to be recovered and hence, it is recommended to cease your iPhone from usage so that the deleted data may not get overwritten. Or, if in case you have stopped using your device immediately after experiencing data loss, then it is more possible to recover the lost data.
2. Recover Viber Messages on iPhone without Backup
iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery is one of the best iPhone data recovery software to restore your lost or deleted data on iOS devices, even without backup. Armed with unique data recovery technology, it stands out among the same kind products. See its brilliant features.
- The preview function allows users to choose and restore what they exactly need.
- Restore data lost in kinds of situations - data deleted by accident, broken iPhone, locked or virus attacked.
- Besides from iPhone, it can extract Viber messages from your iTunes or iCloud backup files.
- Besides Viber, it can also restore WhatsApp, WeChat, Kik, notes, photos, voice memos and more.
- Supports almost all iOS versions on iOS devices, including iOS 11.2.1/11.3/11.4/12/13 and iPhone 8/X/XS/XR/11.
How to Recover Viber Messages on iPhone with iMyFone D-Back
1. Launch the Program and Select Recovery Mode
Download and open iMyFone D-Back on your PC or Mac. Click Recover from iOS Device to start the recovery process.
2. Connect Your iPhone and Select File Type(s)
Connect your iPhone to the computer. Then choose the file types you want to restore. Here, in this case, we choose Viber. Of course, you can select all the types.
3. Preview the Content and Restore the Viber Messages
After scanning, iMyFone D-Back will list all the recoverable data on its interface for your preview so that you can check what you exactly need. After that, click Recover on the lower right corner to choose one folder on your computer to store your Viber messages.
You'll get your lost Viber messages now. iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery also offer the free trial version for both Windows and Mac user. So why not download and install now to give it a try?
3. Restore Deleted Viber Messages from Backup
If fortunately you regularly backed up your iPhone, now you can restore your Viber Messages from your iCloud or iTunes backup.
3.1. Restore Deleted Viber Messages from iCloud Backup
If you have backed up your iPhone with these Viber messages to iCloud, you can restore your iCloud backup back onto iPhone to get them. Follow the steps to restore Viber messages on iPhone.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap "Erase all content and settings" to make your device back to its original state.
- From the Apps & Data screen, tap "Restore from iCloud Backup" and then sign in to iCloud.
- Mark sure to mark the backup files that you want to restore from iCloud and choose "Backup".
- And then the iCloud backup transfer starts once you choose "Backup".
- Based on the size of the data and the speed of your network, it takes the time to restore the backup from iCloud.
After the restoration, you can view your Viber messages on your iPhone again.
3.2. Restore Deleted Viber Messages from iTunes Backup
If you have backed up your iPhone with iTunes on your computer before losing these Viber messages, you can also restore your iTunes backup to get them back on iPhone. See the following instructions.
- Connect your iPad to the PC or Mac which you have backed up your iPhone.
- Open iTunes and click the iPhone icon at the left corner. Click Restore Backup.
- Check all the available iPhone backups and choose the one including the Viber messages you want.
- Click restore and wait for the process to finish.
Disadvantages of Restoring Viber Messages using iCloud or iTunes
Both of the two methods restore your previous backup onto your iPhone to get lost Viber messages. They are free to operate, which is good for users. However, they also have some disadvantages in restoring your Viber messages which you should know before restoration.
- Don't allow users to preview data or selectively choose the files which they want to restore.
- Need to have a constant internet connection in order to restore the backup.
- The transfer is slow. Especially for larger files, it may take longer hours to complete its restoration.
- The data that users restore will overwrite all current iPhone data which you may not want to lose.
- Errors could happen during the process.
3.3. Selectively Restore iTunes/iCloud Backup to iPhone
If you want to restore your data in the most productive way, you need iMyFone iTransor backup and restore tool (which is renamed from iMyFone D-Port Pro). It is one of the most powerful backup and restore tools that can help you in restoring your data selectively.
In other words, if you want to restore your iOS data fully or partially from iTunes backup, iCloud backup or iMyFone backup, you can use this program. The disadvantage of this program is that you can now only separately backup or restore WeChat, WhatsApp, and Messages and Contacts. Other apps like Photos, Viber, Contacts and so on will be supported in the later versions.
If you don't mind storing the Viber messages on your computer, you can extract the Viber messages and other 18+ types of data from your iCloud or iTunes backup to your computer using this tool.
The steps on how to restore selectively via iMyFone iTransor are listed below. We are taking Messages as an example to demonstrate you the process. In order to restore other types of files, you can use the same way but corresponding tabs.
Firstly, make sure to download and install iMyFone iTransor on your PC.
Step 1 – Look for the "Restore Backup to Device" option available at the left panel of the screen and click on it. All your backup files will appear in a list on your screen. Choose the desired iTunes backup file that contains your messages you wish to restore. As soon as you choose the file, click on "Next" to proceed.
Step 2 – After this, there is a need to click on "Restore Partial Backup" option. This will enable you to select and then restore the desired data.
Once you click on the option, you will get data types on the screen. Choose "Messages" from there and connect your device to the computer.
Step 3 – Your messages will be scanned by the program and will come in a while on the coming screen if you choose "Preview & Restore". You can now preview them before restoring. Once previewing is done, just hit on the "Restore" button located at the right corner of the screen.
Step 4 - Here you need to choose "Merge" or "Replace". Your restoring process will begin and within a few seconds, all your messages will be back to you.