Sara is an Viber user and she is feeling regretful recently for she mistakenly deleted some Viber messages which contains some serious news and she needs it as a proof urgently. As what Sara is facing, such situation could happen with any Viber user, too and how to restore Viber messages on iPhone is a common request. And here we have three ways to restore Viber messages on iPhone with or without backup.
1 Restore Viber Messages on iPhone from iCloud Backup
If you have backed up your iPhone with these Viber messages to iCloud, your can restore your iCloud backup back onto iPhone to get them. Follow the steps to restore Viber messages on iPhone.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings” to make your device back to its original state.
- From the Apps & Data screen, tap “Restore from iCloud Backup” and then sign in to iCloud.
- Mark sure to mark the backup files that you want to restore from iCloud and choose “Backup”.
- And then the iCloud backup transfer starts once you choose “Backup”.
- Based on the size of the data and the speed of your network, it takes the time to restore the backup from iCloud.
After the restoration, you can view your Viber messages on your iPhone again.
2 Restore Viber Messages on iPhone from iTunes Backup
If you have backed up your iPhone with iTunes on your computer before losing these Viber messages, you can also restore your iTunes backup to get them back on iPhone. See the following instructions.
- Connect your iPad to the PC or Mac which you have backed up your iPhone.
- Open iTunes and go to File > Devices > Restore from Backup.
- Check all the available iPhone backups and choose the one including the Viber messages.
- Click restore and wait for the process to finish.
Disadvantages of Restoring Viber Messages using iCloud or iTunes
- Don’t allow user to preview data or selectively choose the files which they want to restore.
- Need to have constant internet connection in order to restore the backup.
- The transfer is slow. Especially with larger files, it may take longer hours to complete its restore.
- The data that users restore will overwrite all current iPhone data.
- Not all the data can be restore For example, media files which you have not purchased will not be included in your backup.
To avoid these disadvantages and offer more flexibility for users, we still have the third method on how to restore deleted Viber messages on iPhone.
3 Restore Viber Messages on iPhone without Backup - iMyFone D-Back
iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Windows/iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Mac is one of the best iPhone data recovery software to restore your lost or deleted data on iOS device, even without backup. Armed with unique data recovery technology, it stands out among the same kind products. See its brilliant features.
Main Features of iMyFone D-Back
- Preview function allows users to choose and restore what they exactly need.
- Restore data lost in kinds of situations - iPhone broken, locked or virus attacked.
- Besides from iPhone, it can extract Viber messages from iTunes/iCloud backup.
- Besides Viber, it can also restore WhatsApp, WeChat, Kik and other SNS apps.
- Supports almost all iOS versions on iOS devices, including iOS 10.3 and iPhone 7.
How to Restore Viber Messages on iPhone with iMyFone D-Back
1. Launch the Program and Select Recovery Mode
Download and open iMyfone D-Back from https://www.imyfone.com/ on your PC or Mac. Click Recover from iOS Device to start the recovery process.
2. Select File Types(s) and Connect Your iPhone
Choose the file types you want to restore. Here in this case we choose Viber. And of course you can select all the types. And then connect your iPhone to scan the data.
3. Preview the Content and Restore the File
After scanning, iMyFone D-Back will list all the recoverable data on its interface for your preview so that you can check what you exactly need. After that, click Recover on the lower right corner to choose one folder to store your Viber messages.
And here they are! You get your lost Viber messages now.
With the three methods, how to restore deleted Viber messages on iPhone won’t be a problem for you. And note that the tool iMyFone D-Back and iMyFone D-Back's Mac version also offer the free trial version for both Windows and Mac user. So why not download and install now to give it a try?