Help! Please! I just looked at my "Notes" app on my iPad, and one of my notes has vanished and I think I deleted it mistakenly. It's about a year's worth of work. Can you retrieve deleted notes from iPad? Is there any way I can do?
Just like the question I found in Apple Communities, accidentally deleting important notes on iPad is not rare. We enjoy the convenience and efficiency that Notes app brings, and we have to suffer the disaster of mistaken deletion.
But is retrieving deleted notes from iPad possible? Well, in view that we have discussed in article :How to recover deleted notes on iPhone, here we will offer three methods to retrieve deleted notes on iPad.
1 Retrieve Notes from iPad Using Email
If you have associate in the Notes app with your email account, the deleted notes might be synced with it. Follow the steps to check it.
1. log in your email account on web and check whether the notes are accessible from the account's Web interface.
2. if you find your notes, go to iPad Setting - Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select the exact email account, and then toggle the Notes setting to On.
3. If the Notes is already on under the email account, just turn it off and then turn it back on to re-sync the notes.
And your notes should be back on your iPad again. if you don’t sync your notes with email account but you have iTunes/iCloud backup of the deleted notes, you can try the second method to retrieve notes on iPad.
2 Retrieve Notes on iPad with iPad Data Recovery Tool
If you don’t have any backup, or you don’t want to restore the whole backup to retrieve deleted notes from iPad, you can turn to one 3rd-party data recovery tool. And iMyfone D-Back iPad data recovery for Mac/iMyfone D-Back iPad data recovery for Windows is one excellent choice for you to retrieve deleted or lost notes on your iPad.
Note: It's not 100% sure that the deleted notes can be recovered, because the they may have been overwritten by the new data.
Key Features of iMyfone D-Back
- It supports to retrieve 20+ types of files on iPad, such as notes, voice memos, Safari bookmarks, WhatsApp/Kik/Viber/WeChat messages, photos, contacts and more.
- It allows you to preview the recoverable notes before recovery to confirm needful ones.
- Besides iPad, it is also available for data recovery on almost all iPhone and iPod touch such as iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5 and more devices.
- It supports to retrieve deleted notes not only directly from iPad, but also from iTunes/iCloud backup.
How to Retrieve Notes from iPad Directly?
iMyfone D-Back is easy to operate. And here we take how to Recover from iOS device as example to show its user-friendly interface.
Step 1. Choose Notes and Connect Your iPad
Run iMyfone D-Back. From Recover from iOS Device tab, choose Note and click on next to connect your iPad.
Step 2. Preview and Recover Recoverable Notes
After a few minutes’ scanning, iMyfone D-Back will find and list all the recoverable notes, including the deleted ones on your iPad for your preview. You can check the specific content of these notes. After you check all the notes you need, click on Recover and iMyfone D-Back will prompt you to choose one folder to store these notes.
And wait for few seconds, you deleted notes are retrieved. If you want to retrieve notes from backup, other two recovery modes are also easy to follow with similar process.
And now, you get three methods on how to retrieve deleted notes on iPad. By the way, iMyfone D-Back for Mac and iMyfone D-Back for Windows offer the free trial version, allowing users to confirm whether their deleted notes can be found. So just try all the three methods and find the best one for you!
3 Retrieve Deleted Notes from iPad with Backup
iTunes and iCloud backup are powerful restore tools that Apple offered. And sometimes, the backup is easily made without your notice. For example, iCloud backup will be made automatically when it satisfies the following requirements.
- Your device is connected to a power source.
- Your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Your device's screen is locked.
- You have enough available space in iCloud for the backup.
If you have iTunes backup, you can restore your iPad from a backup to retrieve deleted iPad notes.
Note: All the current data on your iPad will be replaced by the data in backup, and cannot be recovered. So be careful before you use the tool.