Help! Please! I just looked at my "Notes" app on my iPad running iOS 10.3, and one of my notes has vanished and I think I deleted it mistakenly. It's about a year's worth of work. Can you retrieve deleted notes from iPad? Is there any way I can?
This question I came across on Apple Communities is not rare, accidentally deleting Notes on the iPad is not uncommon. Notes are important which is why it can be terribly inconvenient to lose the notes. Retrieving the missing notes is however not impossible. This article will provide you with three potential solutions.
1 Retrieve Notes on iPad with iPad Data Recovery Tool
If you don’t have any backup, or you don’t want to restore the whole backup to retrieve deleted notes from iPad, you can turn to one 3rd-party data recovery tool. And iMyFone D-Back is one excellent choice for you to retrieve deleted or lost notes on your iPad.
iMyFone D-Back iPad data recovery (iOS 11 Supported)
- Retrieve 20+ types of files on iPad, such as notes, voice memos, Safari history, SMS, WhatsApp/Kik/Viber/WeChat/Line messages, photos and more.
- Preview the recoverable notes before recovery to confirm needful ones.
- Besides iPad, it is also compatible with almost all iPhone and iPod touch such as iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5 and more devices running iOS 7/8/9/10/11.
- Retrieve deleted notes not only directly from iPad, but also from iTunes/iCloud backup files.
How to Retrieve Notes from iPad Directly?
iMyFone D-Back is very easy to operate. The following steps show you how.
Step 1. Launch iMyFone D-Back on Your Computer
Run iMyFone D-Back on your computer. From Recover from iOS Device tab, click start to proceed.
Step 2. Choose Notes and Connect Your iPad
Choose Note from the list and connect your iPad to the computer.
Step 3. Preview and Recover Deleted Notes
After a few minutes’ scanning, iMyFone D-Back will find and list all the recoverable notes, including the deleted ones on your iPad for your preview. You can check the specific content of these notes. After you check all the notes you need, click on "Recover" button to store these notes. If you want to retrieve notes from backup, other two recovery modes are also easy to follow with similar steps.
One of the three methods above should help you easily recover deleted notes on your iPad. iMyFone D-Back for Mac version iPad data recovery/iMyFone D-Back for Windows version iPad data recovery offers a free trial version. Just download and try it.
2 Retrieve Notes from iPad using Email
If you have associated your Notes app with your email account, the nots may have synced with your email. Follow these simple steps to check.
1. log in your email account on the web and check whether the notes are accessible from the account's Web interface.
2. if you find your notes, go to iPad Setting - Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select the exact email account, and then toggle the Notes setting to On.
3. If the Notes is already on under the email account, just turn it off and then turn it back on to re-sync the notes.
And your notes should be back on your iPad again. if you don’t sync your notes with email account but you have iTunes/iCloud backup of the deleted notes, you can try the third method to retrieve notes on iPad.
3 Retrieve Deleted Notes from iPad with Backup
iCloud is a powerful backup tool and sometimes they backup your data automatically when it satisfies the following requirements.
- Your device is connected to a power source.
- Your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Your device's screen is locked.
- You have enough available space in iCloud for the backup.
If you have iTunes backup, you can restore your iPad from a backup to retrieve deleted iPad notes.
Note: All the current data on your iPad will be replaced when you choose to restore an iTunes or iCloud backup file. So be careful before you use the method.