This kind of problem though is not common, it can cause a lot of troubles. The situation might have occurred after updating to a new iOS, and might be caused by other problems as well, like fast battery drain and iPhone getting heated up. Therefore, we are focusing on the solutions here that might help you to get rid of the 'iPhone could not be activated' error.
If you are confused about which one to choose, we suggest you read the brief introduction of each method first.
|Success Rate||Required Time||Difficulty||Data Loss||What Can Be Fixed|
|iMyFone Fixppo||100%||Short||Easy||No||System/software issues|
|Use an old SIM card||30%||Short||Easy||No||Only SIM card issues|
|Force Reboot iPhone||30%||Short||Easy||No||A few software issues|
|Check internet connection||30%||Short||Easy||No||Only internet issues|
|Restore via DFU Mode||70%||Long||Complex||Yes||Some software issues|
|Contact Apple Store||100%||Long||Complex||Depends||Hardware/software issues|
1. Fix 'iPhone Could Not Be Activated' Error without Data Loss
The best way to fix the error 'This iPhone could not be activated because the activation information could not be obtained from the device' is using the reliable and highly efficient tool iMyFone Fixppo. When you get such an error, there is a possibility that the iOS firmware was not installed properly on your iPhone. iMyFone Fixppo is designed to fix any iOS problem that prevents your iPhone from working normally. All iOS devices are supported.
- You can fix your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any data loss with a 100% success rate for repairing.
- It supports iOS 14/13/12 and other earlier iOS versions.
- All iOS issues including iPhone stuck at black/white screen, Apple logo, recovery mode, and other problems can get fixed easily.
- Fixppo can do more than iTunes can do, such as enter or exit recovery mode with one click, downgrade iOS, or bypass the iTunes error because it applies its independently developed technology.
- If iTunes doesn't work properly for installing iOS firmware, this tool is the best alternative you can turn to.
- It is developed by iMyFone company which has been recommended by Macworld, Payetteforward, Makeuseof and so on.
Here is how to use the program to fix the iPhone activation problem.
1. Install and launch iMyFone Fixppo, and then connect your iPhone using a USB cable. From the iMyFone screen tap on 'Standard Mode'.
2. If your device can be detected, it will proceed to the next step. If not, please follow the onscreen instructions to put your iPhone into DFU mode or Recovery mode.
3. Now you need to download the firmware for your iPhone after iMyFone detects it automatically. You can choose the version you like from the options offered. Then click the Download button. Fixppo needs the firmware to locate the problem of your iOS and fix it.
4. After the firmware has been downloaded and verified, tap 'Start' and initiate fixing process. Your iPhone should be back to normal thereafter and you will be able to activate your iPhone without a problem.
Other than the recommendation from the professional websites, many users have left the positive feedback on it too.
2. 3 Common Tips You Can Try
Tip 1. Use an Old SIM Card to Activate iPhone or iPad
Ensure that your iPhone has a SIM card within before attempting to activate it, and if that SIM card is not working for you, try swapping with an old SIM card that worked with this iPhone. Make sure that the SIM card is properly inserted the SIM card tray to get detected by the device. Call your carrier to help you in this regard, if both SIMs fail to respond.
Tip 2. Force Reboot iPhone
To resolve the error that "this iPhone could not be activated because the activation information could not be obtained from the device", you can try force rebooting the iPhone following the below-mentioned steps.
iPhone 6S, SE or older models–
- Concurrently hold down the 'Home' and 'Sleep/Wake' keys unless you see the Apple logo appearing on the screen.
- Quit holding the keys and allow the iPhone to start.
iPhone 7/7 Plus –
- Press and hold the 'Power/Lock' and 'Volume Down' keys concurrently as long as the Apple logo doesn't appear on the screen.
- Let your iPhone restart.
iPhone 8/iPhone X/iPhone 11/iPhone 12–
- Press and instantly un-hold the 'Volume Up' key, then repeat it with the 'Volume Down' key.
- Push and hold the 'Power' key till the Apple logo surfaces on screen. Allow your iPhone to get restarted.
Tip 3. Check Internet Connection
If you could not activate the iPhone, even after trying the above methods, then you need to check out the internet connection. It is recommended to activate your iPhone using Wi-Fi. So, ensure that you have an active internet connection and Apple's servers are not blocked on your device. You can even activate your iPhone using a different Wi-Fi and see if it works for you.
3. Restore with iTunes using DFU Mode (Data Erased)
For fixing this iPhone activation failure, you can also opt for restoring your iPhone using DFU mode with iTunes. Please note that your data will be completely wiped. Here are the steps:
- Launch iTunes after connecting your iPhone and your computer.
- You need to concurrently push and hold the 'Sleep/Wake' and 'Volume Down' (iPhone 7 and newest)/'Sleep/Wake' and 'Home' (iPhone 6S and previous) keys roughly for 10 seconds.
- Let go of the 'Sleep/Wake' key. Once you see the 'iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode' notification, release the 'Volume Down' (iPhone 7 and newest)/ 'Home' (iPhone 6S and previous) key. If you are using iPhone 8 or later, you can check the instruction shown on iMyFone Fixppo.
- As your iPhone enters the DFU mode, your iPhone will stay on a black screen. Click the 'Restore iPhone' key and then confirm by tapping 'Restore'.
Note: You can restore your iPhone backup using the latest backup you have, once the iPhone is restored in DFU.
4. Contact Apple Store
In case you still face the error that this iPhone could not be activated because the activation information could not be obtained from the device, then head straight to the nearest Apple Store. The problem might be due to some hardware issue, which the Apple store personnel can help you resolve the problem or they might replace your iPhone if possible.
Do not hesitate to have a try on the method you like. If you have any problems, just leave your comments below and we will try our best to help you.