Question: Whenever my contacts send a recording on WhatsApp I can’t hear voice message on it, how can I fix this?
WhatsApp is one of the most popularly used iOS and Android messaging apps. But, as with any smartphone app, it’s far from perfect and has a few quirks. One of the problems that WhatsApp users may encounter is the WhatsApp voice message with no sound problem. We’ll be exploring this issue and showing you some different ways to fix it.
Official Method to Solve “WhatsApp Voice Message No Sound?”
We’re first going to show you the official fix that WhatsApp suggests. Try this method before using any of the others.
1. Tap on the voice message to start playing it.
2. While the voice message is playing, press the “Volume Up” button to increase your device’s volume.
3. After increasing the volume, play the media again.
Not all iPhone users are aware that there are two sound settings - one for media and another for the iPhone’s features (e.g. ringtones, notifications, etc.). Thus, this is worth checking.
Fix “Can’t Hear Voice Message on WhatsApp” Issue
Another issue that you might have experienced is with your Bluetooth earpiece. This is usually not a WhatsApp problem and can be fixed with these steps.
1. Launch the “Settings” app and tap on “Bluetooth”.
2. Tap on the info symbol next to your earpiece followed by “Forget This Device”.
3. Reconnect the earpiece and try listening to the voice message again.
By doing this, a fresh connection is established between your iPhone and Bluetooth earpiece.
Manage WhatsApp Voice Messages from iPhone to Computer
If neither of those simple solutions fixes the WhatsApp voice message no sound problem, iMyFone D-Port Pro is worth of trying. Some of this program’s main features are:
- Selectively backup text messages, WhatsApp, and WeChat.
- Restore backups to your iPhone without overwriting existing data.
- Extract data from your iPhone or a backup file.
- Restore backups from iTunes, iCloud, or iMyFone.
- Compatible with all recent iOS versions like iOS 11.3 and the newest iPhones.
You can be assured that with this program you’ll effectively fix the issues you’re experiencing with WhatsApp.
Selectively Export WhatsApp Voice Messages
Follow this first method to export individual voice messages from WhatsApp to your computer.
1. Open iMyFone D-Port Pro, click on “Back Up & Export from Device”, and connect your iPhone.
2. Select “Export Data” and check the box next to “WhatsApp”. Click “Next” to proceed.
3. After your iPhone has been scanned, click on “WhatsApp Attachments” and select the voice messages that you want to export. Click on “Export”, choose a location to save the messages, and you’re done.
This can be useful if the problem is with your iPhone and the speaker has malfunctioned.
Selectively Export WhatsApp Data from iTunes/iCloud Backup to Computer
Another option that iMyFone D-Port Pro presents you is exporting WhatsApp data from backups. The following method will explain how to export data from an iTunes backup.
1. Click on “Extract Data from Backup” and choose one of the iTunes backups that are listed. Click “Next” to continue.
2. Next, choose “WhatsApp” from the menu of data types. Click “Next” and the backup will now be scanned, and your WhatsApp data will be shown afterwards.
3. Simply browse the backup -> select the data that you need -> click on “Extract”, and lastly choose a folder to save the data .
Similarly, the steps below can be used to export WhatsApp data from an iCloud backup.
1. Click “Extract Data from Backup” on the left menu but select the “Download iCloud Backup” option from the bottom of the display. Enter your iCloud information as requested.
2. After signing in, choose the iCloud backup to downloaded, then select the “WhatsApp” data type to move on.
3. Your WhatsApp data will then be downloaded from the iCloud backup, and you can then select the files that you want to extract. Press the “Extract” button, choose a safe location, and you’re done.
Aside from using these solutions when WhatsApp voice message won’t play, it’s useful for when you need to retrieve a specific file without restoring an entire backup.
Only Back Up iPhone WhatsApp Voice Messages
One of iMyFone D-Port Pro’s other capabilities is backing up only WhatsApp data. Rather than backing up the entirety of your iPhone’s contents, this is much more efficient.
1. Launch iMyFone D-Port Pro and click on “Back Up & Export from Device”. Connect your iPhone using a lightning cable now.
2. On the main menu, click “Back Up WhatsApp” and read the brief explanation that is shown.
3. When you’re ready to begin, click on “Back Up” and after a few minutes, your WhatsApp data will have been backed up.
Please note that after you start to take the backup, you shouldn’t disconnect your iPhone for any reason as this will significantly increase the chances of data corruption.
Not only can this help you to work around the WhatsApp voice message no sound issue, but it’s quicker than taking a full backup.
Only Restore WhatsApp Backup to iPhone
Now that you have a WhatsApp backup available on iMyFone, you can restore the data whenever it's needed. You can also restore any of your data from an iTunes or iCloud backup.
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and click “Restore Backup to Device” from the left menu.
2. From the list of available backups, choose the one that contains the WhatsApp messages you want to restore and then click “Next”.
3. Once the backup has been scanned, simply check the box next to “WhatsApp”, click “Restore”, and within a few minutes, you’ll find the messages on your iPhone.
The benefit to using this method is that your existing WhatsApp data won’t be overwritten, and the WhatsApp data will instantly be available on your iPhone.
We’re constantly seeing complaints of, “I can’t hear voice message on WhatsApp”, and we understand how frustrating it can be. It’s our suggestion that you use this guide to aid the issue that you have and, if you can’t fix it, use iMyFone D-Port Pro to extract your voice messages and listen to them on a computer instead. If you have any questions or feedback on how this guide helped you, feel free to comment below!