Putting your iPhone in recovery mode has long been one of the most effective ways to repair the device. If your iPhone is malfunctioning due to a software issue, even Apple recommends that you put the device in recovery mode before attempting to restore it in iTunes.
But the procedure to enter recovery mode is different for different iPhone models. These changes have created confusion with most people unaware of how to put their iPhone in recovery mode.
In this article, we are going to look at how to put your particular iPhone model in recovery mode. We are also going to show you the easiest way to put the iPhone in recovery mode regardless of the model.
Part 1. Put iPhone 11 Pro (Max)/11/XR/XS/X/8/7/6 in Recovery Mode
Here's the official way to put an iPhone in recovery mode depending on the model.
For iPhone 8 and later models - to put newer models in recovery mode, press and release the volume up button and then press and release the volume down button. Press and hold the power button until the recovery screen appears.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus - to put the iPhone 7 models in recovery mode, press and hold the power button and the volume down buttons at the same time. Keep holding the buttons until the recovery mode screen appears.
For iPhone 6 and earlier models - to put earlier modes in recovery mode, press and hold the power and home buttons at the same time until the recovery mode screen appears.
Part 2. When Do You Need to Enter Your iPhone to Recovery Mode?
There are several circumstances where it can become necessary to put the device in recovery mode. Some of them include the following:
- You may need to put the device in recovery mode if it gets stuck in a continuous restart loop. This can happen when the battery is too low during the installation of an iOS update.
- Recovery mode will also help you restore the device from a backup if iTunes is unable to detect the device or if you experience an iTunes error when trying to restore the device.
- Recovery mode can also come in handy if you are trying to upgrade from a beta version of iOS and the process fails.
- If you see the Apple logo or the "connect to iTunes" icon on the screen for longer than necessary, you may need to put the device in recovery mode.
Part 3. The Best Free Alternative to Put iPhone in Recovery Mode
One of the main problems our users have reported when trying to put their devices in recovery mode is that sometimes the combination of buttons you have to press doesn't always produce the desired results.
It is also not uncommon to find that sometimes the device's buttons are not working as they should or they are broken. In this case, you need an easier way to put the device in recovery mode - for example, a solution that doesn't rely on any buttons to press.
If you are unable to use the device's buttons to put it in recovery mode, we recommend using iMyFone Fixppo which is the best way to put the device in recovery mode or exit recovery mode in a single click.
- It is the most ideal solution to enter or exit recovery mode in one click for free.
- It is very easy to use and you do not need to be a tech-savvy.
- It can fixed the iOS system issues without data loss.
- It supports all iOS device models including the iPhone 11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS/XS Max/XR/X and all versions including the iOS 13.1.2/13.1.1/13.
Follow these simple steps to use iMyFone Fixppo to put the device in recovery mode.
Step 1: Download and install Fixppo on to your computer and then launch it. Select "Enter/Exit Recovery Mode" in the home page to begin and then connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cables.
Step 2: Once the program detects the device, click on the highlighted "Enter Recovery Mode" and in a few minutes the device will be in recovery mode and the "Exit Recovery Mode" button will now be highlighted.
Fixppo is one of the most useful iOS third-party tools you can own. With it, it can easily be used to put the device in recovery mode. What's more, you can easily repair the iOS there by fixing some common issues. You can download a free trial version of Fixppo from one of the links on this page to try it.
Putting your device in recovery mode is by far one of the most common ways to repair various software issues with the device. But when you can't use buttons to put the device in recovery mode or the official process fails even after numerous tries, iMyFone Fixppo offers you a simpler, more reliable way to put the device in recovery mode. Try it and share your thoughts, comments and questions on this solution in the comments section below.