Question: Why I can't delete photos from iPhone 8? There is no trash icon at the bottom of the photos app for certain photos, so what do I do?
This is an issue which a lot of iPhone users experience on a daily basis and while the reason for this occurring isn’t always clear, there is a way for you to get around it. Today we’ll be showing you the best way to fix the “can't delete photos from iPhone” issue in just a few minutes, so let’s jump right in.
Why You Can't Delete Some Photos from iPhone 8/7/6/5 (Plus)?
As we said above, the reason for experiencing this issue isn’t always clear but there are a few common reasons for this occurrence.
- It may be that the photo you’re trying to delete has been synced with your iPhone through your iCloud Photo Stream. If that’s the case, you have to disable this feature to get rid of your photos.
- You may find that some of the photos that you’ve synced from iTunes library won’t be removable. In the event that this is the reason, it’s a simple fix and we’ll be showing you how.
How to Fix “Can't Delete Photos from iPhone 8/7/6/5 (Plus)” without iTunes
iTunes is lumbersome. It’s not recommended to remove such undeletable photos with it. You should consider some iTunes alternative - iPhone files manager which is much more recommended. iMyFone TunesMate is such a great example. It’s an all-in-one solution to manage your iPhone data on computer. Of course, photos synced from iTunes library can be deleted by it.
- Delete photos, music, videos and apps in batch for free (including the undeletable ones).
- Easily export photos or albums from iPhone to computer or external hard drive, USB drive.
- Manage iOS 11 HEIC: View, transfer or delete HEIC photos or HEVC videos.
- Manage or freely transfer music, video, playlists, photos, etc between iPhone and computer/iTunes.
- Fully compatible with all model of iPhones, iPads, iPod touch; Fully support iOS 7 and later, even the newest iOS 11.
How to Delete Photos Which Can't be Deleted from iPhone 8/7/6/5 (Plus)?
Step 1. Start off by connecting your iPhone to your computer, and launching iMyFone TunesMate.
Step 2. On the top panel of the program, click on “Photos”. From here, you’ll be able to browse your iPhone’s photo albums using the menu on the left.
Step 3. Click on “Camera Roll” and you’ll be able to see all of the photos that are saved on your iPhone. Locate and select the photos which you cannot delete from iPhone. Click on the “Delete” button at the top and confirm it.
It’s that easy. To fix “cannot delete photos from iPhone 8/7/6/6s/5/4 (plus)” is now made simple, with the help of iMyFone TunesMate.
How to Fix “Can't Delete Photos from iPhone 8/7/6/5” in iTunes
Next, let’s take a look at how you can use iTunes delete such undeletable photos.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the appropriate USB cable, and launch iTunes.
- Select your iPhone from the devices menu, followed by clicking on the “Photos” tab.
- Now, take a few minutes to unselect any of the photos which you’ve been struggling to delete.
- Finally, click on either of the “Apply” or “Sync” buttons at the bottom of the program.
To Conclude …
We understand – if you can't delete photos from iPhone 8/8 Plus and you’re trying to clear out some of your storage space, then it can be frustrating. Fortunately, though, with the help of iMyFone TunesMate, you can fix this in just a matter of minutes.