What is iPhone Update Error 4000?
iPhone update error 4000 is also called “iTunes error 4000”, it is a very basic error which creates lots of problems for you and stops you to update iPhone. The main causes of this error include:
- Outdated or older iTunes version;
- Corrupted system or iTunes registries;
- Incomplete installation of iTunes (due to malicious software, interferences from other programs).
For example, you are updating your iPhone XS to the latest iOS 13.4 version, and error 4000 will prevent your iPhone from updating, then a popup window will appear with the name of “unknown error 4000”. Or your system will get freezes frequently for few seconds, automatically close or open the unnecessary files…if you unfortunately come across the above symptoms, you must read this article and it can provide solid solutions for solving the iTunes error 4000 problem.
How to Fix iPhone Update Error 4000
iTunes is a very useful tool to manage your media files and updating your devices but it is also a software frequently suffer from unknown errors like the common error 4000. This kind of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. No matter what the reason is, fixing this error 4000 is very important.
Now you have a basic understanding of the nature for this problem, we will move on towards below solutions.
1.100% Workable Solution Can Fix Error 4000
As above causes we have analyzed and we recommend using the professional iTunes repairing tool called iMyFone TunesFix.
Comparing all the other regular methods you may have known, it can accurately locate the mistake source such as the missing component of iTune, then you just need to click a botton and this software can fix it for you. What's more, it can keep your iTunes in a long term healthy status by providing detail examinations and cleaning feature. Especially when repairing iPhone updating or connection issues it can almost success in all the cases. With TunesFix this helpful tool, it is so easy to fix your problems!
Quick and Effective Features:
- Scan and auto-detect the issues like error 4000, repairing iTunes quickly via manually choosing related repair modes.
- Quick program and within 2 or 3 minutes your iOS devices can be fixed to normal.
- 100% safe repairing and you won’t loss a single KB of files while using TunesFix.
- Boost iTunes performance with a single click.
- Uninstall iTunes completely and also erase the data traces of iTunes installation files.
- Repair 100+ iTunes problems automatically.
Steps to Fix the Issue via TunesFix:
Launch TunesFix and wait for its automatic scanning process to complete.
If the automatic scanning of TunesFix detects an issue, fix it via the Repair button. If it doesn’t detect any problem, then you will be navigated to the main screen of the software.
Now when you successfully repair your issue it will be navigated to the main screen of TunesFix. If you want to detect another problem you can manully select other iTunes problems mode.
- Click on the Repair button. It will be displayed on the next screen. Once you click that button, the repairing process will begin. Internet connection may be required to complete the repairing process.
2.Common Solutions You Can Still Try
Some of the users may have tried these tips. You can still have a try for them if you haven't and do it correctly according to the below steps. As follow are some common solutions you can try to fix iPhone update error 4000:
a. Closing Conflict Programs
It is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other. The first thing you can do to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
- Open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process button.
- You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
- Once you get to identify which program is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
b. Run Disk Cleanup
You might also be experiencing runtime error because of a very low free space on your computer.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- You can also clear your cache and reboot your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window and right click your main directory
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup
c. Disable Your Antivirus Software
Antivirus programs sometimes conflict with iTunes’ operations. It is likely that your antivirus software is preventing certain processes of iTunes from properly working, hence causing error 4000. So, it would be a good idea to temporarily disable your antivirus and then try to update your iPhone via iTunes. Once your iPhone is updated successfully, enable your antivirus software.
d. Make Sure You Are Using the Latest Version of iTunes
It is possible that error 4000 iTunes may be occurring because you have an older version of iTunes. To avoid issues such as error 4000, it is recommended that you make sure that you are always using the latest version of iTunes.
Follow these instructions to update iTunes:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Navigate to Help > Check for Updates.
If an update is available, then follow the on-screen instructions to update iTunes to the latest version.
Comparing many menthods have mentioned above, iMyFone TunesFix will be your first and best choice! Because it is the most effective one with the easiest operation to fix iTunes error 4000.
Apart from repairing iTunes, TunesFix is also very useful when it comes to cleaning iTunes junk/temporary files and making sure that the performance of iTunes is optimized. Furthermore, you can use this app to completely uninstall iTunes with a single click for troubleshooting purposes. All in all, this is the ultimate iTunes repairing and maintenance tool that every iOS user should have.