Many times, the installation of the Apple software and other related components require completely uninstall iTunes. Many users are facing this issue and asked questions in the Apple community about the uninstallation so that they can reinstall the iTunes correctly. For this, a sequential removal of the programs will help in removal of Apple software.
The Tools You Need
iMyFone TunesFix is specifically developed to handles your iTunes performance. It works as an iTunes uninstall tool, an iTunes repair expert, and also an iTunes cleaner. It handles everything you need with iTunes.
- Thoroughly uninstall iTunes and its related Apple software in the right order.
- Uninstall is quite complete that no harmful traces left to influence your PC performance.
- Uninstallation is done in one click instead of complicated steps.
- You can choose to protect or delete iTunes data when uninstalling.
- Work on Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista/XP.
1. How to Completely Uninstall iTunes on Windows 10
Below given are some of the vital steps on how to completely uninstall iTunes and related Apple software with the help of the iMyFone TunesFix:
Step 1: Run TunesFix on your Windows PC and wait for it to detect your iTunes.
Step 2: Click on the “Full Uninstall” mode on the home screen. This will guide the users to the uninstallation page. Click on “Uninstall” here.
Note: You should note if you want to delete the user data in your iTunes then check “Also Delete User Data”, under the “Uninstall Button” before clicking on the “Uninstall” mode. This will now delete the iOS backups, iTunes media, iTunes useless files, and iOS or iTunes updated files.
After the completion of this process, the user can tap on “Click Here” to reinstall the iTunes.
Other Significant Features of iMyFone TunesFix
- Repairing iTunes without any kind of loss of the user’s data
- Fixing more than 100 iTunes-related errors while connecting, restoring, installing or taking backup
- Auto-detects the iTunes-related issues for free and fixes them
- Clearing iTunes to free space and boost the working of the computer
- Carries out the Deep and Quick cleaning of all iTunes related data and even the hidden backups left by third-party software
2. How to Manually Uninstall iTunes and Apple Related Software
Below are the manual steps to uninstall iTunes completely and other Apple software components:
Step 1: Go to “Control Panel > Programs and Features” on your Windows 10. All your PC programs will be shown there.
Step 2: Type “Apple” into the search bar and enter. This filters all the software related to Apple. You would see 6 or 5 programs there.
Step 3: Right click on each program and select Uninstall. You should do the uninstall following the order below.
- Apple Software Updates
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support 32-bit
- Apple Application Support 64-bit
Note If the user uninstalls these components in a different order or uninstalls only a few components, then it may have unplanned effects.
The users need not to worry about the songs they have purchased from iTunes store or imported from the CD. They will be saved in the “My Music Folder” even if you remove the iTunes completely. However, it is advisable to take the Backup of the iTunes library. The users can also do a backup of the iTunes by copying the library to external hard drive.
Moreover, the removal and reinstalling of the iTunes may take a large amount of time to complete the process, but it solely depends on the performance of your PC device.
How to Verify iTunes is Completely Uninstalled
Mostly, the removal of iTunes and its related components from the Control Panel will remove all the supporting files. However, in few cases, some files may be left behind so the user needs to confirm the removal of all the folders through:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\ (The user needs to restart the computer to remove this folder as the computer system may keep the user away from removing this folder)
In case, the user has 64-bit version of the Windows then folders need to remove too:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\
C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\
C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\
C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\