There are times when Apple Application Support files in the registry and iTunes related software components prevent iTunes installation on a Windows PC. Let’s look at a scenario that was reported by one of our clients:
How to Fix “A later version of iTunes is already installed” Error
If you are being notified that "A later version of iTunes is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue." Whenever you try to install a newer or older version of iTunes on your PC, then use the following solutions to fix the error.
#1. The Best Solution – Use iMyFone TunesFix
If you are troubled by the error: “A later version of iTunes is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue." while installing an iTunes on your PC, then you need a quick solution to fix it. iMyFone TunesFix is the complete and efficient solutions for fixing all iTunes errors.
This tool can solve this issue by completely uninstalling all related software components of iTunes and Apple Application Support files. TunesFix would automatically fix “A later version of iTunes is already installed” error, and make your iTunes run better and optimally.
- Fix “A later version of iTunes is already installed” error without losing iTunes data and media files.
- Removes all iTunes components to enable you to install your preferred version of iTunes.
- Serves as a primary solution to all iTunes errors and issues.
- Helps deep clean iTunes and boost your PC performance.
Steps to fix “A later version of iTunes is already installed” issue:
Step 1. Open iMyFone TunesFix and it will detect your iTunes automatically, and if your iTunes or iTunes software components is in good condition, then you’ll be in the Home interface.
Step 2. Select “Full Uninstall” mode. The iTunes uninstallation page will be displayed.
Step 3. Click “Uninstall” to completely uninstall iTunes and its components from the PC.
#2. Other Methods to Fix “A Later Version of iTunes is Already Installed”
The following solutions may help you to fix this iTunes installation error.
a.Remove iTunes and Its Related Components
You can fix “A later version of iTunes is already installed” error by uninstalling iTunes and its related components in the following order:
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support 32-bit
- Apple Application Support 64-bit
b.Remove Other iTunes Supporting Files
It’s expected that when you remove iTunes from the Control Panel, all the related software components will be uninstalled. However, in some rare cases, some supporting files may be left behind and may stop you from installing iTunes.
Here is how to find and remove iTunes supporting files:
Step 1. Press “Windows” and “R” keys together to open “run command”.
Step 2. Enter “%programfiles%” into the box, and then click OK.
Step 3. Delete the following folders “iTunes”, “Bonjour” and “iPod”.
Step 4. Open the “Common Files > Apple” folders and delete the following folders “Mobile Device Support > Apple Application Support > CoreFP”.
Step 5. Open “Local Disk (C:).
- If you’re running a 32-bit version of Windows, skip to the next step.
- If you’re running a 64-bit version of Windows, open “Program Files (x86)” folder and repeat steps 3, 4 & 5.
Step 7. Right-click the Recycle Bin, and select “Empty Recycle Bin”.
The Possible Cause for “A later version of iTunes is already installed”
There are a few reasons why you encounter A later version of iTunes is already installed” error when installing a new or older version of iTunes on your PC. Here are some of the reasons:
- You did not completely uninstall iTunes, iTunes related software components, or iTunes supporting files from your PC.
- Your iTunes run into some errors or issues that makes it display the error code.
In any of these scenarios, iMyFone TunesFix is the right and ultimate solution to fix this problem permanently, and start enjoying a better and more efficient iTunes.