How long does it take to extract software from iTunes? 30 minutes! So if you take more than 30 minutes, it's most likely that the issue of "iTunes Stuck on Extracting Software" happens. It is worth mentioning that this issue has been reported very often since iOS 13.4 updated. To be more specific, "iTunes Stuck on Extracting Software" means the progress bar of iTunes could not move any further or stuck in the between when you’re restoring/updating your iOS devices.
So, let's move forward to check how to fix this iTunes error, and avoid it from happening again.
- How to fix "iTunes Stuck on Extracting Software"? - Using iTunes Error Fixing Tool
- Tips to fix "iTunes Stuck on Extracting Software"
How to fix "iTunes Stuck on Extracting Software"? - Using the 100% Workable iTunes Error Fixing Tool
“iTunes stuck on extracting software” is usually caused by few factors:
- Windows Firewall blocking iTunes connection
- slow network
- outdated iTunes version
- lack of storage space in your iPhone
- iPad or iPod touch
Having these reasons in mind, we can now progress to the best solution for fixing the error.
The best iTunes error solution – iMyFone TunesFix can easily fix “iTunes stuck on extracting software” with no need to conduct any research on what caused the error. iTunes users, media/review sites, and tech authorities generally acclaim and praise TunesFix for fixing unknown and detected iTunes errors and issues.
Therefore, if you’re facing iTunes errors and issues, then employ TunesFix now to take care of problems instantly.
Steps to fix “iTunes stuck on extracting software” error using TunesFix:
Install iMyFone TunesFix on your PC/Mac and launch it.
When it is Launched, it will automatically detect your iTunes and it’s component. If no iTunes issue found, TunesFix will redirect to the Home interface.
Choose “Fix Other iTunes Problems” and click on “Repair” button. TunesFix will repair your iTunes and fix the issue causing iTunes to stick on “Extracting software” page.
- TunesFix can repair iTunes connection without bypass firewall.
- One click to fix “iTunes stuck on extracting software” issue.
- Fix over 100 iTunes errors and issues such as install, connect, restore, backup, and other known and unknown errors.
- Over 95% successful rate to recover your iTunes!
Tips to fix "iTunes Stuck on Extracting Software"
Tip 1. Temporarily Disable Windows/Mac Firewall or Security Features
We earlier mentioned that one of the factors or reasons why iTunes is stuck to 'Extracting Software' page is because Mac/Windows security software might be blocking the connection between iTunes and Apple servers. So, you can solve this issue by turning off the Mac/Windows firewall or quitting other third-party security software from operating in the background.
To disable Windows Firewall, go to Control Panel and click “System and Security > Windows Firewall > Turn off Windows Firewall”.
To disabled Mac Firewall, go to “System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall”. Then, click the switch to turn it off. (It is only applied before Mac OS 10.15 Version, since after iTunes has combined to "Finder" feature.)
Tip 2. Update iTunes Software
Check to know whether your version of iTunes is outdated, if not, then update it to the latest version. The steps to update iTunes on Mac or PC are outlined below:
- Update iTunes on Mac: Launch iTunes and go to “Help > Check for Update”.
Update iTunes on Windows PC: Open App Store and click “Updates” to check if there are available updates.
Tip 3. OTA Update iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
If iTunes is not able to update your iOS device, then you can update your iPhone from the Settings app in your device.
- Go to “Settings > General > Software Update”.
Download and install the iOS firmware by clicking “Install”.
Tip 4. How Do I Avoid "iTunes Stuck on Extracting Software" from Repeating Again?
If you want to avoid issues from repeating itself, then take notes of the following:
- Clean up your iTunes from time to time and keep it stay effective. Use an iTunes repairer tool – iMyFone TunesFix can help you to manage your iTunes issues from cleaning to repairing.
- Ensure you always have a strong network connection before embarking on iPhone update.
- Update your Mac/PC before using iTunes.