Issues related to voicemails are quite common across iPhone. Most users delete voicemails after listening, but sometimes due to some unknown reasons the voicemail on the iPhone won't delete no matter what you do. And if it gets deleted, it comes back after some time. Fortunately, there are some solutions available.
Solutions for “iPhone Won't Delete Voicemail” Issue
Following are some effective solutions:
Set Your Phone to Airplane Mode
This is one of the easiest solutions for “iPhone won't delete voicemail” issue. Many users have succeeded in deleting voicemails via this method. The method is quite simple as all you have to do is set your phone to Airplane mode. Follow these instructions:
- On your iPhone Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom. A new window will appear.
- On that window, tap the Airplane mode.
- Now open the Phone app and tap Voicemail and then delete the voicemail messages.
- Turn off the Airplane mode. Your deleted voicemail messages won't come back.
Delete from Network
All your voicemail messages are automatically downloaded by your iPhone from the voicemail server of the company. The messages are then stored on your iPhone storage. If your iPhone storage becomes full, then the new messages aren't downloaded automatically because there is no space for them. Sometimes deleting voicemail messages from your iPhone solves the problem. However, if the Airplane mode method doesn't solve the problem, then you will need to delete those messages directly from server or network. Follow these instructions:
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
- From the bottom of the screen, tap the Keyboard icon. The dialer will appear.
- Now use the dialer to dial your own telephone number. It will allow you to access your voicemail. You can also use the shortcut provided by your service provider to access your voicemail. Dial “*86” if you are using Verizon Wireless or hold the “1” key if you are using AT&T.
- Once you have access to your voicemail, press 1 to listen to your voicemail messages. The system will play your new messages first and then play the old, stored messages. You can also select the voicemails and delete them during that call.
Reset Your iPhone
If none of the above-mentioned methods worked, then there is one solution that will definitely work i.e. resetting your iPhone. Keep in mind that resetting your iPhone will erase all your settings and configurations as well as delete all your iPhone data. So, it is recommended that you back up your data before proceeding.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Navigate to General > Reset and then tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Confirm your action by inputting your passcode. After that, tap the Erase iPhone option. Your Apple ID and password may also be required for the reset.
Clear Deleted Voicemail Messages
If you have successfully deleted your voicemail messages but they reappeared after some time, then the problem may be due to the fact that voicemail message deletion works similar to Recycling Bin or Trash on your computer. What this means is that the messages you delete are not actually erased from your iPhone storage, instead they are moved out of your inbox and marked to be deleted later. Since the messages are still available on your iPhone storage, it is likely that they will reappear in your inbox after some time.
The solution to this problem is to clear the deleted messages because your voicemail messages are only truly deleted if they are cleared after being marked to be deleted. It's just like emptying the Recycling Bin or Trash on your computer. Here are the steps to do this:
- Open your iPhone, tap the Phone icon and then select the Voicemail icon shown in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- If you have already deleted some of your voicemail messages but they haven't been cleared yet, then you will need to visit the Deleted Messages section to clear them.
- Once in that section, select the Clear All option and your deleted voicemail messages will be cleared.
Bonus Tip: Best Way to Permanently Delete Private Data
Many people are aware that despite deleting their private data, they still run the risk of their deleted files being recovered. This is why there have been so many identity theft incidents where personal info get leaked on the internet and soon enough everyone has seen them.
If you truly want to protect your privacy then there is no better way to do it than using iMyFone Umate Pro. This is a state-of-the-art iPhone data erasing software that allows you to erase any kind of data from your device with ease. Data erased by iMyFone Umate Pro is permanent and cannot be recovered.
- The erasing modes in Umate Pro allow you to delete your device data and have it 100% gone. It would not be recoverable in any format, even by the FBI.
- You can completely wipe the existing files or deleted files which are still recoverable.
- You can erase the whole iPhone at once or selectively wipe some private data with preview.
- Worried about privacy leak on third-party apps? Umate Pro helps scan private traces left by apps and thoroughly erase them.
- It's recommended by lots of noted media arround the world: MacWorld, iPhoneinCanada, APPKED, etc.
Steps to Permanently Erase Deleted Files
Step 1. Launch iMyFone Umate Pro and connect your iPhone to computer.
Step 2. Choose Erase Deleted Files mode and click on Scan button.
Step 3. After the scanning process is finished, preview and erase your previously deleted files permanently.