There are many reasons to delete internet history on iPhone from time to time. While some people delete these histories, they may not know exactly why it is important.
First, clearing internet history iPhone ensures that your stale records are removed from the system. Remember that information you search on the internet get stored in form of cookies, and clearing them removes these stale records. Another reason is to maintain privacy especially when you do not want people to know the website you have visited. Lastly, deleting internet history on your iPhone improves the performance of your iPhone because it releases space on your iPhone.
How to View Your Recent Browsing History iPhone
Your iPhone will store your recent browsing history and you can view it by using the following process:
Step 1: Launch Safari App on your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap and hold the back button in your safari tool bar.
Step 3: Your browsing history will appear and you can see all you have been browsing recently. Note that you can only view these histories but you can’t delete them from here.
How to Clear Internet History on iPhone
Let us see how you can clear your Internet history on iPhone.
Method 1 Open Private Browsing Mode
Like said earlier, private browsing is designed not to even track any history in the first place.
Step 1: Open the window browser and safari.
Step 2: Click on the window icon to see text “Private” on the bottom of the left hand corner.
Step 3: Tap the private icon to open a new browser.
Method 2 How to Clear Specific Sites
You can choose this option if you want to delete internet history on iPhone in phases instead of clearing everything at once.
Step 1: Go to Bookmark.
Step 2: Then go to your history. You will see a lot of your browsing activities.
Step 3: Swipe and delete any individual site you want to remove.
Method 3 How to Clear Full History
This is very simple:
Step 1: Go to the safari history tab.
Step 2: Find the “Clear” icon on the bottom right hand side.
Step 3: Tap on “Clear” and the full history is deleted.
However, in order to avoid the privacy leak, it is always recommended to permanently erase browsing history on your iPhone.
When and Why Should You Permanently Erase iPhone Internet History
Your data and browsing history cannot be deleted permanently even if you delete them because it can still be retrieved using data recovery tools. For this reason, your information is not safe and it is vulnerable since it can be accessed by a third party.
This is why you should use the iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac to clear iPhone internet history permanently in such a way that they can never be recovered again and therefore keeping your information and privacy intact. Apart from that, the umate pro is equipped with several other optimization resources that can help your iPhone perform better.
To permanently delete your internet history on iPhone, 2 modes are very important and they are:
- Erase Private Data:It ensures that your private information that you do not want to get into the wrong hands is completely removed. This mode will destroy your browsing history and ensure they are 100% unrecoverable and this keeps your information safe.
- Erase Deleted Files: You may have deleted your browsing history using the normal means but the reality is that it is not enough. The “Erase Deleted File” mode will detect the already deleted files on your iPhone and deleted them again to ensure that they cannot be recovered even with modern data recovery tools.
How to Permanently Delete Internet History on iPhone?
Step 1: First connect your device to iMyFone Umate Pro on PC.
Step 2: Select the Erase mode that is suitable. In this case select either the “Erase Private Data” or the “Erase Deleted File” mode.
Step 3: Erase iPhone Data permanently by clicking on “Erase Now” button.
Other Key Features of the Umate Pro
The Umate pro is equipped with outstanding features:
- All in one solution for iPhone and other iOS space saving and privacy protection
- Bulk delete all files including videos, photos, messages etc
- Permanently delete data without any chance of recovery
- Helps device perform faster by removing all junk files and temporary files
- Free up space in just 1-Click