I am tired of my iPhone. It has just too many issues on it, and when I decided to take it to Apple store, the person said it could be a weird software glitch that I should restore as new. However, if I restore my device I will be forced to update, and I don’t want that. So, how can I restore iPhone without updating?
- Part 1: Restore iPhone without Updating Using 3rd-Party Tool
- Part 2: Restore iPhone without Updating via iPhone’s Reset Setting
- Part 3: Restore iPhone without Updating with iTunes Backup
- Part 4: Restore iPhone without Updating Using Recovery Mode
- Part 5: How to Stop iPhone from Asking You to Update
- Part 6: Things You Should Know about Restoring iPhone
Restore iPhone without Updating Using 3rd-Party Tool
iMyFone Umate Pro for Win or for Mac enables you to free space on your device with only a single click. It is a safe iPhone data eraser which allows its users to preview and erase any iOS date selectively without the fear of losing personal information. It’s highly recommended by many professional medias, such as MacWorld, iPhoneinCanada, APPKED, etc.
- Completely reset your iPhone without updating it.
- Erase all fragments produced by third-party app permanently.
- Wipe Hidden junk files, temporary files and the deleted files.
- Wipe all data permanently and ensure they are 100% unrecoverable
- Selectively delete your personal data like photos, call history, Wechat messages, WhatsApp messages, SMS messages, etc.
The steps to use iMyFone Umate Pro to restore iPhone without updating:
Step 1: After you must have downloaded iMyFone, connect your iDevice to your PC using a cable.
Step 2: When your iDevice has been connected, select the "Erase All Data" button then press the Erase button. You will see a box in the next window asking you to type Delete to confirm.
Step 3: Type "delete" to confirm your action.
Step 4: After you have manually entered Delete into the box, tap the Erase Now button to wipe all data on your iDevice.
Restore iPhone without Updating via iPhone’s Reset Setting
You can restore iPhone/iPad without updating on your iDevice, just follow the steps below:
Step 1: Connect your device to PC, but ensure you have created a backup in iTunes. Then go to "Summary">"Backups" and click "Back up now" to back up your data.
Step 2: Unplug your iPhone and go to “Setting”
Step 3: Click on “General > Reset” then select “Erase All Content And Settings” and confirm your choice.
Step 4: Once the process is done, connect your iPhone to PC and open iTunes. Then you will see "An update to the carrier settings on your iPhone is available" message, and click "Update Settings".
Step 5: Now you can restore your backup with iTunes. You can disconnect your iPhone from your computer immediately when the restore process is done.
- Laggy access to the SMS application
- Delay in getting live photo in the Camera application
- It cannot be used to delete files selectively
- Some files can be recovered after resetting
Restore iPhone without Updating with iTunes Backup
This solution beneath requires iTunes and your iPhone which is same as the solution above. But these two solutions are different. You can choose the one you like. Follow these steps below to see how to do that.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable and open iTunes. iTunes will recognize your iPhone automatically.
Step 2: Click on the iPhone icon in the top left area of iTunes.
Step 3: It will show you the Summary automatically. Then you can click “ Restore Backup”
Step 4: On the show up window, select the particular backup you would like to restore to your iPhone from the drop down list.
Step 5: Click "Restore" to continue.
Restore iPhone without Updating Using Recovery Mode
When you experience problems with an iPhone, you may need to restore it in iTunes, but sometimes, things can go wrong that make it harder to restore your iPhone with iTunes. Here l will show you how to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode so that you can restore it.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer with USB. Then Open iTunes.
Step 2: When iTunes recognized your iPhone. Click the device icon in the upper-left side of the iTunes window.
Step 3: Here you can backup your iPhone first. Click “Backup Now” which is beneath the "Manually Backup and Restore" section.
Step 4: Turn off your iPhone by holding down the Lock button and then slide the slide to power down your iPhone.
Step 5: Now you need to get into recovery mode.
Step 6: On iTunes, When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose "Restore".
Step 7: Wait for the process to finish restore iPhone without updating. Then you can set up and use your device.
Tip: How to Stop iPhone from Asking You to Update
In case you are tired of the non-stop update alert, here are some tips to stop your iPhone from asking you to update.
1. Comprehend the Apple’s iOS Update Method
Apple urges every iOS users to get the latest iOS version. To do this, the company has rolled out a feature called AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS. Whenever a new version of iOS is released, your iDevice will download the update automatically.
2. Disable Automatic Update
The following step will guide you:
Step 1: Go to "Settings" on your iPhone.
Step 2: Click on "iTunes Store & App Store"
Step 3: Switch the "Updates" option off.
Your iDevice will be automatically stopped from downloading an update for you in the future.
3. Delete the Downloaded Update
If you don’t want to continue receiving the update alert, then you need to delete the downloaded update.
Notice: The Steps below is only for versions before iOS 11
Step 1: Go to "Settings"
Step 2: Click on "General"
Step 3: Tap "Storage & iCloud USAGE > Manage Storage". Look for the iOS update and delete.
Things You Should Know about Restoring iPhone
1. Before you restore your iPhone, you have to make sure that your iPhone has enough space.This can avoid recovery errors due to lack of space.
2. When connecting iPhone to your computer, please make sure that your usb cable and the plug port work. This will prevent unnecessary errors during the recovery process.
3. Even if you have enough iPhone space, there may still have unknown errors when you restore iPhone with iTunes. Like the loss of important photos, videos or other documents.
4. You'd better back up your important files before restoring your iPhone.
5. If you want to restore your iPhone by iPad backup without updating, you should be informed that some iPad-only applications and settings may not apply to your iPhone.
For most people, Apple's iOS system is stable. But now the performance of the new iOS version is not particularly good, some people said their iPhone battery is consuming faster than expected and the iPhone is hotter than ever. Especially for those who use iPhone 6 and earlier, updating to the latest iOS version is a nightmare.
Therefore, for those who want to restore iPhone without updating the iPhone, you need to find a suitable method. We hope that the solutions provided in this article will help you successfully recover iPhone without updating it. If you have questions about our methods or you have a better method, please share with use in the comments below.