Yes, the most common way to restore iPhone is via iTunes, but your device will definitely be updated to the latest version in this way. The only exception is you must download the old iOS firmware in advance when they are still available after the new version release. Then you can use the Shift+Check Updates shortcut to import the downloaded firmware to install with iTunes after iPhone restoring. One thing you should be noted that the available period of the old version is very short. So, it's nearly impossible for you to restore iPhone without updating from iTunes.
Luckily, there truly are some ways to restore iPhone without updating. For some user's iPhone are older models, updating to the latest iOS version can result in many issues. Or the limited iPhone storage cannot support to update the latest iOS version, like iOS 14. Here we are going to tell the things about iPhone restore and the 2 ways on iPhone restore without updating iOS.
Way 1. How to Restore iPhone without Updating Using 3rd-Party Tool
iMyFone Umate Pro can restore the iPhone to factory settings without upadting iOS version and have no need of iTunes. It enables you to erase iPhone and free space on your device with only a single click. It is a safe iPhone data eraser which allows its users to preview and erase data selectively. Thus, the tool is highly recommended by many professional medias, such as MacWorld, iPhoneinCanada, APPKED, etc.
- Completely restore your iPhone without updating it.
- No need to use iTunes.
- Erase all contens and data with just one click.
- Wipe Hidden junk files, temporary files and even the trace of deleted files.
- Wipe all data permanently and ensure they are 100% unrecoverable
- Erase private data on your device to ensure 100% security.
The steps to use iMyFone Umate Pro to restore iPhone without updating
Step 1: After you have downloaded iMyFone Umate Pro, then connect your iDevice to your PC using a USB cable.
Step 2: When connected, select the "Erase All Data" button then press the Erase button. You will see a box in the next window asking you to type Delete to confirm.
Step 3: Type "delete" to confirm your action, then tap the Erase Now button to wipe all data on your iDevice.
That's how easy to restore your iPhone/iPad without updating. The whole process only takes 5-10 minutes then you will get a optimized iPhone like new. The tool can well compatible with the latest iPhone 11/11 Pro and iOS 14/13.
Way 2. Restore iPhone without Updating via iPhone’s Reset Setting
There is a simple way to restore your iPhone with the built-in Settings app. Note: If your device is unresponsive and stuck in black screen, then this method is not applicable. This way can cost a lot of time. Now, just follow the steps below:
- Go to “Setting” app.
- Click on “General > Reset” then select “Erase All Content And Settings” and enter the passcode to confirm your choice.
- Now you have restored your iPhone without updating.
Tip: How to Stop iPhone from Asking You to Update
In case you are tired of the non-stop update alert, here are some tips to stop your iPhone from asking you to update.
1. Comprehend the Apple’s iOS Update Method
Apple urges every iOS users to get the latest iOS version. To do this, the company has rolled out a feature called Automatic Downloads. Whenever a new version of iOS is released, your iDevice will download the update automatically.
2. Disable Automatic Update
The following step will guide you:
- Step 1: Open "Settings" app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Go to "General" > "Software Update", then scroll down the screen, there you will find the Automatic Updates option.
- Step 3: Click on and switch the option off.
Your iDevice will be automatically stopped from downloading an update for you in the future.
3. Delete the Downloaded Update
If you don’t want to continue receiving the update alert, then you need to delete the downloaded update.
For versions before iOS 11
- Step 1: Go to "Settings"
- Step 2: Click on "General"
- Step 3: Tap "Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage". Look for the iOS update and delete.
For iOS 11 and later:
- Step 1: Go to "Settings"
- Step 2: Click on "General" > "iPhone Storage"
- Step 3: Scroll the screen down and look for the iOS update and delete.
Things You Should Know about Restoring iPhone
1. Before you restore your iPhone, you have to make sure that your iPhone has enough space.This can avoid recovery errors due to lack of space. So, the best way is to use a professioanl tool like Umate Pro.
2. When connecting iPhone to your iTunes, please make sure that your usb cable and the plug port work. This will prevent unnecessary errors during the recovery process.
3. Even if you have enough iPhone space, there may still have unknown errors when you restore iPhone with iTunes. Like the loss of important photos, videos or other documents.
4. You'd better back up your important files before restoring your iPhone.
5. If you want to restore your iPhone by iPad backup without updating, you should be informed that some iPad-only applications and settings may not apply to your iPhone.
Whether it's because your device is too old to update or your device doesn't have more storage to update the latest system, here are three ways for you to restore iPhone without updating. We hope that the solutions provided in this article will help you reach the aim successfully. From my opinion, the first solution is superior than the other 2 ways. It's simple operation and the effectiveneed impressed many. Of course, you can download a free trial first to experience.