Why “You Apple ID Has Been Disabled” Happens?
Ever tried logging into your account on any of your Apple devices only be greeted with messages like:
- “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
- “You can’t sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons”
- “This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons”
Outlined below are some of the reasons that could lead to your Apple ID been disabled:
- Too many wrong attempts at trying to log in to your account by someone.
- Wrong security questions have been inputted too many times.
- Suspicious activities have been detected.
What to Do If Your Apple ID Has Been Disabled?
In this article we will be introducing to two methods to help you figure out what to do in the event that your Apple ID has been disabled.
“Your Apple ID Has Been Disabled” Solution One - Reset Password
This is an option you can explore when having trouble signing in your Apple ID password. The instructions to follow when trying to reset your password depends on the type of security you used on your account. Namely:
- Email, Password and Security Question
- Two-factor Authentication
- Two-step Verification
1 Email, Password and Security Question
Step 1: Visit your Apple ID login page (iforgot.apple.com) and click on the “Forgot Apple ID or password?” link.
Step 2: Enter your Apple ID
Step 3: Choose an option to reset your password and continue.
Step 4: This could involve you answering some security questions, Receiving a reset email on your primary or rescue email address and using a recovery key or confirming your phone number.
Note: In case your phone number is required you will have to use the Two-step verification or Two-factor authentication.
2 Two-Step Authentication
If you have this measure in place on your Apple ID you can reset your password from any trusted apple device.
Step 1: Go to settings, iCloud on a mac.
Step 2: Input your name or account detail on a mac.
Step 3: Password and security then change your password.
Step 4: Follow the onscreen instructions to update your password.
Step 5: On the mark, you have to select “Forgot password” then follow steps on the screen.
Note: This option is available for a device running on IOS 10 and above.
3 Two-Step Verification
Another solution to “Apple ID Disabled” is two-step verification:
Step 1: Visit your Apple ID page and select the forgot password or forgot ID option
Step 2: Input your ID details and select reset password
Step 3: Type in your recovery key for two-step verification
Step 4: Select a trusted device to receive a verification code.
Step 5: Enter verification code and create a new password.
Step 6: Reset password.
“Your Apple ID Has Been Disabled” Solution Two - Contact Apple Support
Finally, you can also contact apple support in the event that your apple id has been disabled. You can reach apple support on (getsupport.apple.com). They are always willing to provide you with step by step instruction either through a call, chat, email and any other channel that is convenient for you. All you have to do is select a device and you will be redirected to an expert who will walk you through the process.
How to Prevent Apple ID Disabled from Happening Again
Outlined below are tips you can take to both secure your account while preventing a similar situation from happening again.
- Always use a strong password.
- Ensure you sign out from your account when using a public device.
- Do not share your password with anyone
- Try to avoid phishing scams on emails and other means.
- Make use of a two-factor authentication for extra security.
Bonus Tip: How to Protect Your Private Data
As is mentioned in the above, “Apple ID Disabled” may happens when someone try to login to your account. iMyfone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser is one of the most reliable and secure applications for dealing with data safety issues to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. It is no secret that the issue of privacy and security weigh heavily on the mind of Apple customers, therefore the iMyFone Umate Pro is here to help provide a safe zone for Apple users to deal with their data especially if they are planning to permanently erase them or create space on their devices.
- Erase Private Data - This is a feature that allows users completely delete any private information stored on their devices in form of call logs, private messaging apps, photos, video and other files.
- Erase Deleted Files - This feature helps to ensure that any file that has previously been deleted and is somewhat till recoverable is now fully erased.
- Erase Private Fragments - This helps the user delete incomplete fragments from third-party apps permanently
- 1-Click CleanUp - Users are able to create space on their devices using this feature by means of deleting or exporting of files.
- Erase All Data - This feature does a more thorough job of wiping out all your data compared to the restore factory settings option.
Sometimes, an ordinary delete may not safe, someone can still retrieve your data with a recovery software. To avoid this, you can use iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser to permanently delete your deleted data.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser.
Step 2: Choose Erase Deleted Files mode and then click on scan.
Step 3: After the scanning is finished, you can preview your deleted data such as contact, message, call history, safari history, etc. Just select the data you want to permanently delete and click on Erase Now.
Step 4: Choose a security level to and manually input “delete” at text box. Than click on Erase Now to start the delete process.